Please tell me Jones didn't say this...

Unimane

"Sometimes you see results that maybe outside people don't see because you're gauged on wins"

If so, I'm about ready to lose my mind. Why win when you can just prattle on about some nonsense regarding "progress",then tell everyone they can't see it, but I can?

Reactions: 18 people
Because Butch is a loser.

Nothing matters but wins... and if he is to dumb to realize that, then it just reiterates how stupid our AD is for hiring him.

Reactions: 17 people
He was asked a question, and he answered it. He has plenty of faults. You guys don't have to take something out of context just to pile on.

Reactions: 25 people
Butch is causing a lot of his own suffering by continuing with his ill-timed, and ill-advised chronic diarrhea of the mouth. I'm beginning to sense he is a very proud, stubborn individual who doesn't like to be questioned. And he's short...may have something to do with it. Also he has little tiny baby feet., which has no real bearing on anything, I just thinks it's a funny fact.

Reactions: 41 people
What was the question?

If you're only concerned with one number you absolutely will miss other things.

Really not a difficult concept

Reactions: 9 people
Some people eat that up.
"Hey, we only lost by 7, that is better than 17. PROGRESS!!!!"

I am 1 of those people. Should we have beaten OU? Yes. But did we look like a better team against them this year than last? Yes. Even though we still lost. We progressed.

Reactions: 11 people
"Sometimes you see results that maybe outside people don't see because you're gauged on wins"

If so, I'm about ready to lose my mind. Why win when you can just prattle on about some nonsense regarding "progress",then tell everyone they can't see it, but I can?
"And I get that". If you are going to use a quote for the sake of piling on, at least use the entire quote.

Reactions: 10 people
If you're only concerned with one number you absolutely will miss other things.

Really not a difficult concept

The one number that counts. This is the type of quote that a loser says in order to distract from the fact that he's failing in the job he was hired to do. Carry water for him, if you want, but you're just fiddling on the deck of the Titanic while you commiserate over how stupid everyone is for not following the stupid logic put forth by Jones.

It should be readily apparent, however, that, even beyond the wins and losses, the idea of "progress" is a smokescreen because they, clearly, aren't well coached and Jones is well over his head.

Reactions: 10 people
Dumbass fan base. Any intellectual football mind can see progress in this team since the day he has taken over

Progress in the supposed quality of players coming to UT, not in developing players and not game-day coaching.
Signed Dumb-ass fan. :stinker2:

GO VOLS!

Reactions: 7 people
Butch is causing a lot of his own suffering by continuing with his ill-timed, and ill-advised chronic diarrhea of the mouth. I'm beginning to sense he is a very proud, stubborn individual who doesn't like to be questioned. And he's short...may have something to do with it. Also he has little tiny baby feet., which has no real bearing on anything, I just thinks it's a funny fact.

We need to hire a tall, fat, oaf of a man like Bret Bielema. He is 1-0 against Butch now after all.

VN Store

Back