mad about the win/expectations/fan vs fan debate (merged)

ReaderVol

UT went into a hostile environment and physically whipped a very physical team in less than desirable weather. Many of you complaining picked UT to lose. Yet you're still complaining. They have a damned fine defense and we kept them on the field and wore them down. It was a very good win for this team.
No matter how much you dislike the coaches, to complain about this game is just idiotic.

Reactions: 103 people
UT went into a hostile environment and physically whipped a very physical team in less than desirable weather. Many of you complaining picked UT to lose. Yet you're still complaining. They have a damned fine defense and we kept them on the field and wore them down. It was a very good win for this team.
No matter how much you dislike the coaches, to complain about this game is just idiotic.

Amen

Reactions: 5 people
I guess because we didn't throw for over 200 yards. I have no clue how anyone could watch us dominate the game for 4 quarters and complain. 8 regular season wins. Last time we saw that CPF was coaching. I am pleased with a winning SEC record, breaking 2 losing streaks of 3 and 5 years, having a thousand yard rusher, and the defense coming to play.

Last edited:
Reactions: 35 people
I guess because we didn't throw for over 200 yards. I have no clue how anyone could watch us dominate the game for 4 quarters and complain. 8 regular season wins. Last time we saw that CPF was coaching. I am pleased with a winning SEC record, breaking 2 losing streaks of 3 and 5 years, having a thousand yard rusher, and the defense coming to play.

I appreciate the enthusiasm but we only have 7 wins so far.

Reactions: 4 people
We should be looking and the really bright side which is that this team is now good enough that it can win a game, pretty handily frankly, when it wasn't playing great, the other team had some emotion, and the weather was cold, cold, cold. For the last six years, that game would have been a gimme for Missouri based on those factors. The fact that Missouri was never in it says more about Tennessee than perhaps we give the team credit for.

Reactions: 21 people
Maybe not me personally, but the negavol frame of mind obviously does

No man. I truly laugh at it. It's crazy to me how anyone who is a fan of UT could be unhappy about tonight's game.Many of the ones who are mad actually picked UT to lose. So you'd think they would be the happiest. LOL but no, they have staying power. Their hatred for the staff is strong, it's obviously stronger than their love of UT wins.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11 people
These types of threads have amused me for years. The coaches and players watch film religiously so they can see how to improve. They don't just "enjoy the win." Some folks are critical by nature while others are optimists. There are clearly areas in need of improvement and discussing that shouldn't put optimists into a tailspin. I'm happy with the win and especially pleased with how dominant our defense was, but I'm not blind to our weak spots in coaching decisions and players.

Reactions: 9 people
It's a solid win. SEC games on the road are never easy. I think alot of angst comes from some who feel the team could've been even better. Games vs Ark, OK, and Fla were all games that should have been wins and we're sitting here at 10-1. That could've easily happened. THAT is a huge positive that this team IS good enough to have that record. In fact it took total meltdowns to make it 7-4 and not 10-1. Heck, the Bama game was almost a win.

Reactions: 3 people
These types of threads have amused me for years. The coaches and players watch film religiously so they can see how to improve. They don't just "enjoy the win." Some folks are critical by nature while others are optimists. There are clearly areas in need of improvement and discussing that shouldn't put optimists into a tailspin. I'm happy with the win and especially pleased with how dominant our defense was, but I'm not blind to our weak spots in coaching decisions and players.

Who has said the team played perfect? And it is funny that many of the ones upset picked UT to lose. So, if they can start threads about how crappy we are, some of us can start threads about how well we played. What's wrong with being happy?

Reactions: 10 people
No man. I truly laugh at it. It's crazy to me how anyone who is a fan of UT could be unhappy about tonight's game.Many of the ones who are mad actually picked UT to lose. So you'd think they would be the happiest. LOL but no, they have staying power. They hatred for the staff is strong, it's obviously stronger than their love of UT wins.

Who is unhappy? Sure, there's some negative comments in the game thread. Many posters, including myself make them at that moment in the game, but I can't imagine there's legit vol fans that are disappointed right now.

Reactions: 1 person

Wat you mean...willis...woo..u...ttalkin'...bout..rant...o.k.'

GO VOLS!

Let's be honest, you wanted that win soooooo bad so you could start this thread.

Reactions: 10 people

VN Store

Back