Miami Central
View Map
Ht:6'2"
Wt:250 lbs
Class:2016 (High School)

http://sports.yahoo.com/tennessee/football/recruiting/player-Keir-Thomas-155541

Keir Thomas, Miami Central, Strong-Side Defensive End

Keir Thomas - Hudl

A new name along the defensive line to keep an eye on is Florida defensive end Kier Thomas. The former Florida State commitment is expected in town this weekend on an official visit. Auburn is thought to be the team to beat right now, but things are happening quickly as he's an early enrollee.

-Fortenberry

Reactions: 1 person
"I've been conversing with Tennessee but they made it official when I decommitted from Florida State," Thomas said. "It's nice up there and their defense plays pretty good and pretty tough. That's the kind of defense I like. I just want to see what it's like," Thomas said. "I feel pretty comfortable around them already even though I've not been up there yet," Thomas offered.

"It's getting better. A lot of schools are communicating with me more," Thomas said. "Arkansas, South Carolina, Miami, Tennessee, Oklahoma, Auburn. Those are who I'm really talking to."

The only official visit Thomas has taken so far has been to see Auburn in late October. "I went to Auburn when they played Ole Miss," Thomas said. "It was nice. Everything was alright. Atmosphere was good."

With Thomas being an early enrollee his window for making a decision is rapidly closing. He plans to wrap things up sometime in December and as of now his trip to Rocky Top is his only one planned because his Miami Central team is continuing to make a run in the playoffs. "I just have Tennessee set for right now," Thomas said. "I'm probably going to decide what school I'm going to in mid or late December. Definitely some time in December." "It's about me feeling at home, just finding a second home," Thomas said. "I just want to feel comfortable."

-VQ

Reactions: 3 people
Keir? Is that like an asian saying Kyle?

don't worry I'm asian, I'm allowed to make these kinds of jokes

Reactions: 5 people
He is quick off the snap. Great offer list. Film looks pretty good. Yeah Sanddune, I said it :eek:lol:

Hope his team wins state. He won't visit anywhere till his team is done, and we're the only place he's said will get an official (besides the one he had to auburn)

Look in his eyes. Read the quotes. This is an Al Wilson-style leader. Need a kid like this to give us an edge.

Keir? Is that like an asian saying Kyle?

don't worry I'm asian, I'm allowed to make these kinds of jokes

I'm a foreigner myself. My people came in on the Mayflower. It's been difficult to live that down...:)
Happy Thanksgiving, and as always...

GO VOLS!

Per Hubbs

Finally, Florida defensive lineman Keir Thomas is scheduled in for an official visit. The former Florida State commitment from high school powerhouse Miami Central High School has quickly become a legitimate target for the Vols.

He's already visited Auburn and depending on how his high school season plays out the Vols could get his last official visit as he's expected to enrollee at mid-term. Auburn is believed to be the team on top right now, but that's mostly based on his official visit. Oklahoma and Miami are also schools to watch out for if he takes another visit.

Also, we hear that Tennessee feels like they made a big move with Miami defensive lineman Keir Thomas. He's an early enrollee and someone we'll be watching over the next two weeks. He doesn't leave campus until Monday morning as he didn't arrive until Saturday, so we will be interested to hear what he says.
-Fortenberry

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
the three-star senior defensive end from miami (fla.) central high school recently referred to auburn as his leader, but he said monday morning that tennessee “pretty much pulled even” with the tigers by impressing him this weekend during his official visit to knoxville.

“it was great. It was phenomenal,” said thomas, who’s ranked the nation’s no. 391 overall prospect and no. 20 strongside defensive end in the 247sports composite for the 2016 class. “the atmosphere was nice. The environment was nice, (and) the fans. It was just nice.”

“everything’s even,” he said. “i’m just going to take it slow until that time comes.” so far, he only has taken official visits to auburn and tennessee. And he said he liked what he saw from the vols this weekend, although his family wasn’t able to accompany him on the trip. “i didn’t know it was going to be this nice. I learned that it’s actually nice up there,” thomas said. “it was nice. I thought it was going to be super cold, but it wasn’t.”

“they were just saying i would fit in fine at tennessee. That’s something i wanted to hear,” thomas said. “the coaches, they’re more like father figures when a family’s not around. (i like) the atmosphere. Everything was just great.”

but he said he knows he will have to hit the road again soon if he plans to explore any of his other options before making his decision and enrolling at the school of his choice in january. And he soon will have to figure out where he wants to go. “it’s going to be tough,” thomas said. “i’m just going to have to pray on it and hope i make the best decision.”

Reactions: 3 people
“The coaches called me and they worked around my schedule. That made it open my eyes,” Thomas said. “They changed my expectations. It was a great visit. I thought it was going to be super cold, but it wasn’t.”

“The environment was good," Thomas said. "At the game, they had loud, crazy fans. That’s a thing I like to see."

“They showed me that they cared for me," he said. "They knew I was up here alone without my parents. One of the coaches always stayed next to me. That was very important. They made me feel like I could come up here and have another home.”

Scout

the three-star senior defensive end from miami (fla.) central high school recently referred to auburn as his leader, but he said monday morning that tennessee “pretty much pulled even” with the tigers by impressing him this weekend during his official visit to knoxville.

“it was great. It was phenomenal,” said thomas, who’s ranked the nation’s no. 391 overall prospect and no. 20 strongside defensive end in the 247sports composite for the 2016 class. “the atmosphere was nice. The environment was nice, (and) the fans. It was just nice.”

“everything’s even,” he said. “i’m just going to take it slow until that time comes.” so far, he only has taken official visits to auburn and tennessee. And he said he liked what he saw from the vols this weekend, although his family wasn’t able to accompany him on the trip. “i didn’t know it was going to be this nice. I learned that it’s actually nice up there,” thomas said. “it was nice. I thought it was going to be super cold, but it wasn’t.”

“they were just saying i would fit in fine at tennessee. That’s something i wanted to hear,” thomas said. “the coaches, they’re more like father figures when a family’s not around. (i like) the atmosphere. Everything was just great.”

but he said he knows he will have to hit the road again soon if he plans to explore any of his other options before making his decision and enrolling at the school of his choice in january. And he soon will have to figure out where he wants to go. “it’s going to be tough,” thomas said. “i’m just going to have to pray on it and hope i make the best decision.”

Best not take it too slow. If he wants on board the Big Orange train, he better get on while we have a seat available. This train is moving out.

VN Store

Back