Here's the latest Sports Illustrated Bowl Projections

Someone needs to tell the Outback Bowl if they want TN and it's fan base then they push the kickoff time to early evening and not 12pm EST or you're going to get a Bloomin' Onion thrown at you.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 people
Someone needs to tell the Outback Bowl if they want TN and it's fan base then they push the kickoff time to early evening and not 12pm EST or you're going to get a Bloomin' Onion thrown at you.

You can't spell Outback without UT

Reactions: 15 people
they beat a good northwestern team 40-10..how'd stanford do against them?

The transitive property doesn't work in football.

Example:

Ole Miss beat Alabama
Alabama beat Arkansas

By your logic Arkansas would lose to Arkansas. However, Arkansas beat Ole Miss.

So you really have no idea if Stanford would beat Northwestern or not.

Reactions: 4 people

Example:

Ole Miss beat Alabama
Alabama beat Arkansas

the transitive property. or comparative scores, is the basis for computer rankings that are used to set the lines each week...

I didn't draw any conclusions about what would happen in a stan-iowa matchup.

Reactions: 2 people
The only bad thing about playing Iowa last bowl season is that we probably won't get to knock them off their perch this season. Seems more likely that we get a team like Northwestern, Michigan, or Wisconsin.

Reactions: 1 person
0.00% chance the Citrus or Outback passes on a Tennessee/OSU matchup. Way too attractively they're still available.

0.00% chance the Citrus or Outback passes on a Tennessee/OSU matchup. Way too attractively they're still available.

It will never happen, but how cool would that be ?

The Skunk Weasels beat THE Cryers, and Tennessee hands them their third consecutive loss in a bowl...

I want Michigan or Penn State.

We owe Coach Franklin a beating, but I'd rather see us go Citrus against Ohio State and avenger ourselves on Urban Meyer while putting the nail in their overrated coffin. We just need Ole Miss and Florida to lose this week (and Florida to predictably get buried in the SECC game).

Here are the latest Sports Illustrated Bowl Projections. They have Tennessee playing Wisconsin in the Outback Bowl,Stanford playing Iowa in the Rose Bowl and Houston playing FSU in the Peach Bowl.

Bowl projections: Predicting the playoff, bowls after week 12 - College Football - SI.com

Please, Please, PLEASE let this happen. My in-laws are HUGE HUGE Wisconsin fans! I would love this matchup, we are all the time saying "I bet my team would beat yours. Oh if this game were to come true, Id buy them tickets to enjoy the expression on there face when we win!@##E#E#@E

Also it will be a travesty if Navy is relegated to some crap bowl like they have projected. They are New Year's Day ready, and I don't think anybody would enjoy playing them right now. Memphis was looking like a playoff team till Navy dismantled them, and their only loss is to Notre Dame who's rated pretty highly (whether or not they should be is another matter) in a rivalry game.

Sorry, had to get my Navy plug in there.

Reactions: 7 people
Also it will be a travesty if Navy is relegated to some crap bowl like they have projected. They are New Year's Day ready, and I don't think anybody would enjoy playing them right now. Memphis was looking like a playoff team till Navy dismantled them, and their only loss is to Notre Dame who's rated pretty highly (whether or not they should be is another matter) in a rivalry game.

Sorry, had to get my Navy plug in there.

At least Houston will be going to the Peach Bowl to play FSU. Good way to represent the AAC:rock:

we would kill Wisconsin. The quarterback forgot how to throw a ball and they don't have their typical running game.

Here are the latest Sports Illustrated Bowl Projections. They have Tennessee playing Wisconsin in the Outback Bowl,Stanford playing Iowa in the Rose Bowl and Houston playing FSU in the Peach Bowl.

Bowl projections: Predicting the playoff, bowls after week 12 - College Football - SI.com

I think we are in the Outback bowl unless miss st. Beats Ole Piss them we might slip into citrus.

Either way pleased with progress and this team.

Happy Thanksgiving!

:)

TennesseeDuke

Last edited:

Example:

Ole Miss beat Alabama
Alabama beat Arkansas

Take it one further. Last year UT beat Utah State, who beat Wake Forrest, who beat Virginia Tech, who beat Ohio State. Just go ahead and award UT last year's championship.

VN Store

Back