Don't write off vandy.

Milehigh_Vol

Don't write this up as a win before the game starts. They have one of the best defenses in the country and one of the best running backs. This could be a scary game. I'm not saying we lose just saying they are better then their record shows..

Go Vols!!

Could not agree more. The way our offense has been playing it may be a 10-3 type of game. Vandy should beat the Gators

I agree that the game could be much closer than expected or even a "crazy upset" pick. But, it would be because TN plays down to Vandy's level and/or doesn't show up - not because Vandy is any good or "better than their record."

If Tennessee loses to Vandy today... I will buy every person who comments on this thread a Petros... LMAO!!! 35-7 VOLS

Reactions: 3 people
Don't suggest Vandy can compete with us, it's not gonna happen.

Easy win for the Vols.

Go Vols!

If you're betting take Vandy and the points. I still say we'll win but not by the 17.5. Their defense is much better than given credit for.

I'm not worried about Vandy. I am worried about TENNESSEE who has played down to their competition...

Mostly I'm worried about the field tho.

Reactions: 1 person
I agree that the game could be much closer than expected or even a "crazy upset" pick. But, it would be because TN plays down to Vandy's level and/or doesn't show up - not because Vandy is any good or "better than their record."

I'm just saying that Florida should've lost that game and they haven't gave up many points this year.

RAIN. The great equalizer.. Sorry to say this but, when playing on a sloppy wet field, you do play conservative. Don't turn the ball over, press the kicking game, avoid mistakes.. Its smart coaching but with the fantasy league philosophies of fans wanting wide open assaults, we are forgetting the basic fundamentals of the game... The Team that makes the fewest mistakes will win.. Protect the ball.

Reactions: 2 people
If you're betting take Vandy and the points. I still say we'll win but not by the 17.5. Their defense is much better than given credit for.

I don't bet on the vols in anything. Not because I think I will win or lose just I want to enjoy the games. But if I did vandy would be a good pick at that spread.

Our D vs theirs? Who ya got?

Vandy's D.

IMO, Mason is one of those coaches who is a great coordinator but an awful HC. Great Ds are essential to have but at some point you got to score points to win games. He is so concentrated on the D the offense is a joke. Hey, but they won 4 games this year which is more than last year so they're on an upward trend in their eyes. :crazy:

With the potential weather and Vandy's D I did a 6 pt parlay with Vandy +23.5 and the under at 47.5. I'd loooove to be wrong and have everyone trash me.

Vandy's QB is good for 7-14 points for the opposing team. They average 14 points a game. We've beaten better defenses this year, including last Saturday.

Vandy is going to get punished by the ground game and our special teams.

Will field conditions play much of a roll in todays game with Vandy, let's hope not, but this field condition issue must be rectified ASAP

I wonder if we are taking them too lightly. Hope the players and coaches are not.
They have surprised us a few times in the past.

I think this game will be a lot like the Missouri game.

I don't think vandys D is all its being made out to be. Theyve lost to several smaller schools, and got man handled by one. Where their defense couldn't stop small teams from scoring. Cant use the Florida game, unless you're gonna claim Florida international has one of the best defenses in country also, cause they bout beat Florida. They've beat nobody, nor stopped any power house teams from scoring. Florida doesn't have a power house offense imo.

I said this the other day: Our Vols will pound them like a flank steak. Black and gold covering black and blue...forget the spread. It's just going to be a fun day in Big Orange Country.

I don't think vandys D is all its being made out to be. Theyve lost to several smaller schools, and got man handled by one. Where their defense couldn't stop small teams from scoring. Cant use the Florida game, unless you're gonna claim Florida international has one of the best defenses in country also, cause they bout beat Florida. They've beat nobody, nor stopped any power house teams from scoring. Florida doesn't have a power house offense imo.

If you mean Houston as the smaller school you're crazy! They have some firepower and they are a good size school.

If you mean Houston as the smaller school you're crazy! They have some firepower and they are a good size school.

I agree, I'm just saying they're not a big 5. I'm just saying vandy hasn't beat nobody, or stopped anybody that's even got a pulse on offense.

VN Store

Back