Kongbo's NLOI

illvol

Eternal optimist
Just curious and hoping those more "in the know" than me can shed some light but any idea why Kongbo hasn't signed his letter of intent yet? I know he's turned in the financial aid papers and I know he's sending positive tweets to indicate support for his decision but what's the hold up on making it "officially official"?

@King_Kongbo: Laughing at these rumours and the "sources". It's simple we going to win championships at Tennessee #GBO

That's all you need to know. Kongo will playing for the University of Tennessee.

Reactions: 26 people
Just curious and hoping those more "in the know" than me can shed some light but any idea why Kongbo hasn't signed his letter of intent yet? I know he's turned in the financial aid papers and I know he's sending positive tweets to indicate support for his decision but what's the hold up on making it "officially official"?

his parents won't sign it and he has to be 21 to sign without parents signature. He will be 21 next month. in the meantime, all schools can continue to try and recruit him

Reactions: 11 people
Kongbo said hid dad hasn't signed the LOI yet because he's out of town. He also said he's not going anywhere but UT and just tweeted that (paraphrased) that he's laughing at these rumors and sources. "it's simple we going to win championships at Tennessee. GBO"

That last bit was NOT paraphrased.

Reactions: 5 people
I call BS. There's no way the NCAA compliance guys would have let Butch show Kongbo's jersey and use his name on NSD if all the paperwork weren't in.

EDIT -- didn't see the LWS comment. In that case, how is that not a violation?

Kongbo said hid dad hasn't signed the LOI yet because he's out of town. He also said he's not going anywhere but UT and just tweeted that (paraphrased) that he's laughing at these rumors and sources. "it's simple we going to win championships at Tennessee. GBO"

Yeah, I read that but just didn't understand why he hadn't signed yet. Had me a little worried despite the tweets. If his dad hasn't signed it, and has been unable to, and that's necessary, it makes sense.

I call BS. There's no way the NCAA compliance guys would have let Butch show Kongbo's jersey and use his name on NSD if all the paperwork weren't in.

He signed financial aid agreements which ensure we will give him a scholarship. this allows Butch to talk about him. Same thing Osborne did in December. That is all that is needed to talk about him.

the National Letter keeps other schools from recruiting him until he enrolls.

Reactions: 4 people
his parents won't sign it and he has to be 21 to sign without parents signature. He will be 21 next month. in the meantime, all schools can continue to try and recruit him

Got it! Thank you. Are his parents not happy with his choice? Out of the country?

Kongbo is a sunshine pumper. Glad to have him on the team.

Jump higher Vols.

Go Vols!

Reactions: 1 person
He signed financial aid agreements which ensure we will give him a scholarship. this allows Butch to talk about him. Same thing Osborne did in December. That is all that is needed to talk about him.

the National Letter keeps other schools from recruiting him until he enrolls.

Thanks. That's why I only got a 70% on that NSD 101 quiz last month.

Reactions: 4 people
My guess is that there is a job or something for one of them that's contingent on him signing with Ole Miss

Reactions: 3 people
My dad has been away,” Kongbo told SEC Country. “He will sign it when he gets home.”

When asked if he was looking at other schools, Kongbo said, “I’m not looking around. I’m not interested in anybody else.”

Maybe we shouldn't roast anyone yet.

Apparently the parents haven't realized ITS NOT THEIR LIFE!

yhafBxD.gif

VN Store

Back