NFL Combine invites

RockyTop22

Curt Maggit and Marquez North have been invited to the NFL Scouting Combine on Feb 23 - 29.

Happy for both and hope Marquez showcases that athletic ability we know he has and gets drafted. Curt we all know what he can do, it's just how long can he do it. Hope for the best for both, go vols!

Oh and SIAP I looked and did not see it but I am on mobile.

http://www.rockytopinsider.com/2016/02/11/maggitt-north-invited-to-nfl-combine/

Reactions: 9 people
I would definitely burn a late round pick on Maggitt. North could be a sleeper too. He's just been so injury slowed the past 2 years, it's hard to remember how he can make plays. Both a physical specimens no doubt.

Good success to you both!

I would definitely burn a late round pick on Maggitt. North could be a sleeper too. He's just been so injury slowed the past 2 years, it's hard to remember how he can make plays. Both a physical specimens no doubt.

Good success to you both!

It only takes a couple of years to be injury free and make an impact.
For instance, look at all of the UGA tailbacks who are injured in college but do well in the NFL. Terrell Davis, Robert Edwards, The tail back from the Rams this year, Garrison Herst, etc. etc.

A little surprised no Von, Brian Randolph, Owen Williams, and Kerbyson. Move Kyler in to G and I think he could be an NFL guy.

For instance, look at all of the UGA tailbacks who are injured in college but do well in the NFL. Terrell Davis, Robert Edwards, The tail back from the Rams this year, Garrison Herst, etc. etc.

You can recover from an ACL injury like the aforementioned UGA tailbacks. Does anyone know for sure what has ailed North over the past 2 years?

Reactions: 1 person
good luck to the VolsForLife! Hope they can both find homes on a roster.....

GBO

You can recover from an ACL injury like the aforementioned UGA tailbacks. Does anyone know for sure what has ailed North over the past 2 years?

:eek:lol:to CZA.

I have read that it's recurring back issues a couple of places. North could definitely be like those mentioned above IMO.

It is surprising some of the others are not invited. Especially Pearson. He was our best receiver last year IMO. Too slow? IDK.

What if your not invited. Private workouts, Vol Pro Day, and maybe a private workout if asked?

Reactions: 2 people
I have a really hard time seeing Kerbyson as an NFL guy.

At T, no. At G, I can. Remember, G was his natural position. He played T the last couple years bc he was the best of some less than stellar options. After a rough 2014 I thought his play at LT improved in 2015.

Again, I don't think he's an NFL OT... but could be a G. JMO.

I have a really hard time seeing Kerbyson as an NFL guy.

As a left tackle, maybe. As a guard though, not at all. If he was athletic/good enough to be an effective LT in the SEC, I think there's a very good chance he makes an NFL roster as an interior lineman.

Edit: should've read ahead. I've been Falcon'd. Pretty much took the words out of my mouth.

Last edited:

Todd Gurley, was a beast the last half the season. If Peyton retires, i'll move my fan card to the Rams. I really like Jeff Fisher , he's a good coach.

I knew North would get invited even though some people doubted me on here lol. I think Randolph could be a decent special teams guy that plays safety if there's an injury

To me Owen Williams will be the most successful at the next level. Curt would be a good player but I think his body just will not allow him to stay healthy.

At T, no. At G, I can. Remember, G was his natural position. He played T the last couple years bc he was the best of some less than stellar options. After a rough 2014 I thought his play at LT improved in 2015.

Again, I don't think he's an NFL OT... but could be a G. JMO.

He would be destroyed by speed rushers at T in the NFL

VN Store

Back