Apparently something is going on?

Doubtful. I dare say that if they make a change, there are a whole lot of former Lady Vols in coaching. Would going outside of the "family" be out of the question? No, but a certain level of patience would not be there.

However, it is not surprising if some LV boosters and donors might be talking, and someone who might get wind of it would throw out this rumor.

This is either nothing at all, or some might see it as a beginning. Who knows?

Why on earth would he even consider Tennessee? No offense, but they are going in a great direction under Walz, and he's brought that program to the top, or close to it. Also, L'ville has great facilities, play at the Yum center - an amazing arena. 2 programs going in different directions for sure.

Having said that, he doesn't deny at all that he's considering Tennessee. "We're focused on Pitt right now"? Good grief. That's the standard line of a football coach just before he quits to go to a new program. We can only pray.

BTW Walz makes about $800,000 per year not counting all the other endorsements. Tennessee certainly could afford that, but I have to think they'd need to give him $1.3-1.5M to lure him away. Unless he thinks our history is enough to make the jump...

Reactions: 1 person
Not really caring if it is him were after just the hope that were after someone is great news to me. Hope it is true. If the boosters want a change there will be a change and
AD Hart will definitely fall in line. These people have the money to make it happen and let's hope they are actually moving towards another coach.

Reactions: 4 people
What's interesting is he says, "Tennessee's athletic department has not directly reached out to him." This implies that someone has. Booster? Search firm?

This is great news in my opinion. It suggests there is a very real possibility that Warlick is gone if we don't close strong!

Reactions: 2 people
I heard from a drunk in a bar who is a cousin to Jerry from Bulls Gap. Jerry said that JOHN GRUDEN is a top candidate. And it makes sense. Jerry said he owns some property in E TN, his wife was a UT cheerleader and he wears orange ties on MNF. Let's all get behind Big John.

Reactions: 9 people
Not really caring if it is him were after just the hope that were after someone is great news to me. Hope it is true. If the boosters want a change there will be a change and
AD Hart will definitely fall in line. These people have the money to make it happen and let's hope they are actually moving towards another coach.

:good!: Agree. Holly needs to go.

I would let Holly go today and let the assistants finish out the season. Maybe one of them will turn it around if they can make the right changes and have a shot at the coaching job. If not, then bring in a new coach.

I just like the fact that Hart has Waltz on his list of replacement coaches he always keeps!!! He doesn't want the Lady Vols to be terrible and become irrelevant!!!

Doubtful. I dare say that if they make a change, there are a whole lot of former Lady Vols in coaching. Would going outside of the "family" be out of the question? No, but a certain level of patience would not be there.

However, it is not surprising if some LV boosters and donors might be talking, and someone who might get wind of it would throw out this rumor.

This is either nothing at all, or some might see it as a beginning. Who knows?

I bet there are Bama fans still pissed because they chose Saban and didn't go with another candidate from the Bama "family".

Sometimes the best candidate is the best candidate.

Reactions: 7 people
I would take coach Waltz in a second!!! No only can he coach but he can also recruit....something that Holly can't do. As most of you know, we have ZERO commitments next year....not 1 girl. They don't want to come here anymore. Pretty sad.

Reactions: 8 people
Does the official Athletic Department have the power to actually make any such change this year? First, you have the buyout. Second, I feel their are $editiou$ players at work that can create havoc if there emotionally charged interests are not taken care of. We just had the State Legislature get involved in the One Tennessee change for Christ's sake.

:popcorn:

Does the official Athletic Department have the power to actually make any such change this year? First, you have the buyout. Second, I feel their are $editiou$ players at work that can create havoc if there emotionally charged interests are not taken care of. We just had the State Legislature get involved in the One Tennessee change for Christ's sake.

:popcorn:

Yes Tennessee has the money to buyout Holly and staff you're looking at a top max of 5 million for everyone

Louisville is currently ranked #12 and has great recruits. They have also played in two final fours recently. Why would he give that all up to coach an unranked team with no future prospects? It makes absolutely no sense unless a lot of money was being thrown at him. Women's basketball does not make enough (if any) money at Tennessee to justify the outlays. Hiring a top (expensive) coach would put the program deeply into the red. I cannot see that happening.

And if the program remains out of the top 25, how many offers of televised games (and revenue) will be coming from ESPN next year? Success means money. A lack of success means the TV revenues dry up. How many times a year is Middle Tennessee or ETSU on national TV? Probably only when they are cannon fodder for someone really good.

I want someone who is hot looking, a great recruiter who doesn't commit ncaa violations, top notch trainer and the best game day coach this side of Gen Neyland! That is all!

If they were to make him an offer, I'd hope that it would include a bonus so he could buy a tie & sport coat.

Or at least a pressed white shirt.

Very entertaining, but i do not believe the rumor at all...... the timing alone is not right.... and LVille is a better gig than KVille, at least now

UT Boosters be tryin to bust a move on Holly!

It would be a great day to be a LV fan if this actually happen. If bad coach Holly will at least get the message that something have to change. She needs to figure out real quick who or what the weak link is. If it's her she needs to step down if not then she must shake up her assistants. That will exemplify what true leadership is. Even though I doubt if she knows what that is.

It will be awesome for the admin to clean house and start over. That program right now is full of negative AURA.

VN Store

Back