Johnathan Kongbo rti interview

Dallasbowlin

Everything woke turns to sh*t
On the trash talk from Florida’s Jalen Tabor:

“Well I mean, I just kind of laughed at it because I know we’re going to beat Florida. I know we’re going to beat Alabama. We’re going to beat all those teams. So I’ll say right now, we’re going to beat every team we play next year. I just really laughed at it, especially the comments that Jalen made. It was funny. We’ll see what Jalen Hurd does to him though.”

RTI Exclusive Interview With Jonathan Kongbo III | Rocky Top Insider

Reactions: 44 people
I'm not a big fan of trash talk, but you gotta like this kid! :)

And if he can back it up on the field.....! :rock:

Our stable of DE's will hopefully go MEDIEVAL on QB's this year! :salute:

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 people
like the confidence. not sure how much it matters in April....lol. the good news....we get our chance to back it up.

but these are the kind of guys this team needs. you can't be scared of it. you have to embrace it and know you're gonna win. can't hope and want....gotta know you can do it, know how and why you're going to do it...and then....do it.

Well, at least his goals aren't to try to make a bowl game. Give the kid some credit. He's never experienced the Doolittle years.

Reactions: 4 people
The thing that jumps out here is his confidence and work ethic, but the fact that he's weighed in at 280, says he'll be reporting in in a few weeks, and might play inside some is huge as well.

With Johnson's future being uncertain and Tuttle still recovering from injury, having a couple versatile DEs who can play inside situationally for us will be HUGE.

Reactions: 2 people
like the confidence. not sure how much it matters in April....lol. the good news....we get our chance to back it up.

but these are the kind of guys this team needs. you can't be scared of it. you have to embrace it and know you're gonna win. can't hope and want....gotta know you can do it, know how and why you're going to do it...and then....do it.

Exactly. Team 120 hold themselves to championship standards. I know many on VN have unsteady knees when it comes to UF and Bama. But if you're a true competitor you walk into that stadium with solid belief you've done your preparation to win, now you go out and perform at whatever level it takes to win, not surprised when you do. It's all in or your beaten before ever taking the field. Team 120 is all in, they could care less about streaks, predictions, or shaky knees by VN posters.

Reactions: 4 people
The lack of trash talk and confidence is part of the reason we haven't beaten Florida in 12 years. For the first time, we don't seem afraid of them. Our team knows what they are capable of.

The lack of trash talk and confidence is part of the reason we haven't beaten Florida in 12 years. For the first time, we don't seem afraid of them. Our team knows what they are capable of.

You dont have to have one to have the other.

Kongbo and Barnett and Vereen are going to be a lethal trio coming off the edge this year! wish the season started tomorrow! Go Vols!!!!

You dont have to have one to have the other.

i agree. personally, i like the "speak softly, carry a big stick" approach.

but either way, i like the confidence. as long as it is that....confidence, not cockiness or over confident.

they still have to be hungry. b/c we haven't proven anything on the field with those teams yet.

if i'm fl or bama, my attitude would be "talk is cheap".

so, we get to go out next season and find out.:thumbsup:

The whole stadium doing the Gator chomp as the band plays their dumb little gator chomp jingle while we are up on them like 35-7 would make my season.

Reactions: 3 people
i agree. personally, i like the "speak softly, carry a big stick" approach.

but either way, i like the confidence. as long as it is that....confidence, not cockiness or over confident.

they still have to be hungry. b/c we haven't proven anything on the field with those teams yet.

if i'm fl or bama, my attitude would be "talk is cheap".

so, we get to go out next season and find out.:thumbsup:

I agree with all of that.

The whole stadium doing the Gator chomp as the band plays their dumb little gator chomp jingle while we are up on them like 35-7 would make my season.
i'd be extremely disappointed if that happened under that circumstance.

I'd rather our guys tell them they are gonna whip them all year and then go whip them, all year.

I agree, I don't think I've heard a player in the past several years come out and say "we are going to beat UF/Bama." It's a mentality to have because even games when we should've beaten them the players weren't confident (aka the last 4 years we've played them).

Reactions: 1 person
Last year before the UF game we had Butch giving sound bites about how many players had never flown on a plane before. That's weak sauce. The enemy sees you making excuses for a loss before you even play the game. With talk like this, it tells them you aren't afraid. When we go up on UF by 14 and Kongbo is living in their backfield, then that tiny voice in the back of their heads will start to think "maybe this guy was right".

Reactions: 9 people

VN Store

Back