BASEBALL CENTRAL: Tennessee Hosts No. 1 Florida (May 6-8)

VN News

The Tennessee Volunteers (24-21, 6-15 SEC) play host to the No. 1-ranked Florida Gators (38-7, 14-6 SEC) this weekend, with a three-game set slated for Friday, May 6 - Sunday, May 8 at Lindsey Nelson Stadium.

More...

Discuss.

The Tennessee Volunteers (24-21, 6-15 SEC) play host to the No. 1-ranked Florida Gators (38-7, 14-6 SEC) this weekend, with a three-game set slated for Friday, May 6 - Sunday, May 8 at Lindsey Nelson Stadium.

More...

Discuss.

Discuss what?

how bad the Gators are gonna sweep us...time for a new coach

It seems the better the team the better we play like happened against Vandy. Sweeping UF is very very unlikely but we are going to need it to even have a shot at making the SEC tournament.

Even if we sweep them we're not guaranteed a spot in the SEC tournament. I'd be happy to get 1 win against UF because right now they're probably the best team in the country & deservedly so.

Tennessee came to Gainesville and absolutely rocked Logan Shore on Friday and the Tennessee starter (name not recalled) almost threw a no hitter.

There is a reason you play the game.

However, having said that, Florida has every advantage one can think of.

Reactions: 1 person
Tennessee came to Gainesville and absolutely rocked Logan Shore on Friday and the Tennessee starter (name not recalled) almost threw a no hitter.

There is a reason you play the game.

However, having said that, Florida has every advantage one can think of.

That was Bret Marks. He gave up his first hit in the 9th and after that FL made it interesting.

It seems the better the team the better we play like happened against Vandy. Sweeping UF is very very unlikely but we are going to need it to even have a shot at making the SEC tournament.

Even if we sweep them we're not guaranteed a spot in the SEC tournament. I'd be happy to get 1 win against UF because right now they're probably the best team in the country & deservedly so.

Sweeping(I have no idea why we are even talking about it) would absolutely give us a great chance to make Hoover. 2/3 does as well which is possible

It seems the better the team the better we play like happened against Vandy.

Not exactly.

The best team we played so far RPI-wise was South Carolina. They swept us.

The next best team we played was Ole Miss. They won 2 of three.

Vanderbilt was the third best team we've played.

Either way, alot of talent will be on the field this weekend...Looking forward to watching Shore pitch tonight. Hopefully we can get one or maybe the series. I won't hold my breath however.

Not exactly.

The best team we played so far RPI-wise was South Carolina. They swept us.

The next best team we played was Ole Miss. They won 2 of three.

Vanderbilt was the third best team we've played.

Well, the Vandy series anyhow makes it seem that way at least of late.

I think Soto has been suspended...Neely gets the start tonight...geez...

VN Store

Back