THE University of Tennessee Volunteers 2017 Football Recruiting Class

flowd82

Renegade
2017 Tennessee Recruiting Class:

Offense:

QB: N/A.

RB: MS 4* Cam Akers & TN 4* Chase Hayden.

WR: TN 5* Tee Higgins, TX 4* KD Nixon, GA 4* Jeremiah Holloman, & TN 3* Princeton Fant.

TE: MS 3* Chase Rogers.

OL: TN 5* Trey Smith, GA 4* Tony Gray, CA 4* Jalen McKenzie, & WV 3* Riley Locklear.

Defense:

DL: VA 4* Eric Crosby, VA 4* Jordan Williams, TN 4* Rutger Reitmaier, & GA 3* Marquez Bembry.

LB: FL 4* Santino Marchiol, GA 4* Chandler Wooten, & GA 3* Jaquan Henderson.

DB: GA 4* DeAngelo Gibbs, LA 4* Cheyenne Labruzza, TN 4* Gentry Bonds, & TN 3* Theo Jackson.

Athletes:

ATH: TN 5* Jacoby Stevens & TN 4* Maleik Gray.

Class Statistics:

-24 Total Recruits (11 Offense, 11 Defense, 2 ATH).

-5*: 3 Recruits.
-4*: 15 Recruits.
-3*: 6 Recruits.
-2*: N/A.
-NR: N/A.

-Ranking: #5-Rated National Class (#3-Rated SEC Class).

Reactions: 9 people
I would gladly take that class but I do believe Solon Page sticks and I don't think we take Theo Jackson. Also I think we take one interior Offensive lineman.

Last edited:
I can dig it DW

nJnOgo4.gif

Reactions: 5 people
I have been thinking that UT will not take a QB in this cycle as well. Dormady, Jones, and Guarantano will be on the roster next year. Sears could be a possibility, but I don't think it would be necessary with Trevor Lawrence hopefully coming in the fold in 2018.

I have been thinking that UT will not take a QB in this cycle as well. Dormady, Jones, and Guarantano will be on the roster next year. Sears could be a possibility, but I don't think it would be necessary with Trevor Lawrence hopefully coming in the fold in 2018.

That's a dangerous game.

Reactions: 3 people
Nice class but would be disappointed with the following:

-No QB taken
-Missed on Ty Chandler
-No elite DT's (second straight year)

I like it, flowd82. Nice overall class. I'd probably change a few areas, but that's jmo. Guesses in bold.

For Offense - I think they still need to get a QB, even if it's more of a project-type player. If Jones or Dormady transferred, having just one of them along with Guarantano would be a disaster if the injury bug hit. CJ Lewis

In terms of how many OL, I'm guessing 3, since only Weisman and Blair are graduating (maybe one goes to the draft between Robertson and Thomas, or maybe one transfers). Trey Smith, Obinna Eze, Tony Gray

In the same fashion, I think we'll see 3 RB's, since Kamara & Hurd are both likely gone, plus Joe Young's injury concerns are still apparently serious. That leaves just Kelly & Fils-Aime, so depth would be scarce. Cam Akers, Chase Hayden, Trey Coleman

With a projected 12 WRs for this season, and only Blanc graduating, I'd be surprised to sign over 3 WRs. Tee Higgins, KD Nixon, Princeton Fant

At TE, Croom leaves and maybe Wolf if he has a great season. That would leave Jakob, Pope, a rehabbing-Brooks, and lil Wolf. I'd guess they take 2 there. Chase Rogers, Tre McKitty

On Defense - Probably my biggest disagreement with OP would be DL. I don't see any way they take less than 6. You've got at least 3 DE's leaving (Lewis, Vereen, Barnett), O'Brien at DT gone, and 3 DT's probably gone the next year. You've got to get some DT's in that can be get acclimated to SEC play before Tuttle & McKenzie leave the next year. I'd guess 4 DT's and 2 DE's. Eric Crosby, Jordan Williams, Rutger Reitmaier, Brandon Jones, Latrell Bumphus, Marquez Bembry

LB is confusing, to me. I didn't think we needed more than 2-3, but the staff apparently wants 10 or something at the rate they're recruiting these guys. I'm guessing 4 total here, but I think OP is too with Gray potentially playing OLB. Maleik Gray, Solon Page, Santino Marchiol, Chandler Wooten

Last, at DB, I'd guess 4 total. Definitely need some true corners with Sutton, Foreman & potentially Martin leaving early. Plus side- safety is LOADED with Gaulden, TKJr, Ev.Berry, Abernathy, Warrior & Griffin. Deangelo Gibbs, TJ Carter, Theo Jackson, Cheyenne Labruzza

So overall, I think that adds up to 26. With only 12 scholarship seniors, there will have to be a lot of attrition, but I'm just guessing that Butch will want to take a full, loaded class. Good enough for 7th, according to last year's rankings.

Reactions: 1 person
Nice class but would be disappointed with the following:

-No QB taken
-Missed on Ty Chandler
-No elite DT's (second straight year)

I think that has more to do with the fact there aren't elite DTs this year. Outside of Marvin Wilson and Tyler Shelvin (who will both be going to LSU), the DT class this year is lacking elite prospects.

I think it's the reason we're targeting players like the Gaddy twins.

I like it, flowd82. Nice overall class. I'd probably change a few areas, but that's jmo. Guesses in bold.

For Offense - I think they still need to get a QB, even if it's more of a project-type player. If Jones or Dormady transferred, having just one of them along with Guarantano would be a disaster if the injury bug hit. CJ Lewis

In terms of how many OL, I'm guessing 3, since only Weisman and Blair are graduating (maybe one goes to the draft between Robertson and Thomas, or maybe one transfers). Trey Smith, Obinna Eze, Tony Gray

In the same fashion, I think we'll see 3 RB's, since Kamara & Hurd are both likely gone, plus Joe Young's injury concerns are still apparently serious. That leaves just Kelly & Fils-Aime, so depth would be scarce. Cam Akers, Chase Hayden, Trey Coleman

With a projected 12 WRs for this season, and only Blanc graduating, I'd be surprised to sign over 3 WRs. Tee Higgins, KD Nixon, Princeton Fant

At TE, Croom leaves and maybe Wolf if he has a great season. That would leave Jakob, Pope, a rehabbing-Brooks, and lil Wolf. I'd guess they take 2 there. Chase Rogers, Tre McKitty

On Defense - Probably my biggest disagreement with OP would be DL. I don't see any way they take less than 6. You've got at least 3 DE's leaving (Lewis, Vereen, Barnett), O'Brien at DT gone, and 3 DT's probably gone the next year. You've got to get some DT's in that can be get acclimated to SEC play before Tuttle & McKenzie leave the next year. I'd guess 4 DT's and 2 DE's. Eric Crosby, Jordan Williams, Rutger Reitmaier, Brandon Jones, Latrell Bumphus, Marquez Bembry

LB is confusing, to me. I didn't think we needed more than 2-3, but the staff apparently wants 10 or something at the rate they're recruiting these guys. I'm guessing 4 total here, but I think OP is too with Gray potentially playing OLB. Maleik Gray, Solon Page, Santino Marchiol, Chandler Wooten

Last, at DB, I'd guess 4 total. Definitely need some true corners with Sutton, Foreman & potentially Martin leaving early. Plus side- safety is LOADED with Gaulden, TKJr, Ev.Berry, Abernathy, Warrior & Griffin. Deangelo Gibbs, TJ Carter, Theo Jackson, Cheyenne Labruzza

So overall, I think that adds up to 26. With only 12 scholarship seniors, there will have to be a lot of attrition, but I'm just guessing that Butch will want to take a full, loaded class. Good enough for 7th, according to last year's rankings.

The Gaddy brothers will be part of the DT haul. We'll hopefully also land Jacoby Stevens in the secondary.

Lamont Wade is a guy folks keep forgetting but he's loved us through the process. Wouldn't be surprised if we land him.

Here's my dream class.

Offense:

QB: FL 4* N'Kosi Perry

RB: MS 5* Cam Akers, TN 4* Ty Chandler, & TN 4* Chase Hayden

WR: TN 5* Tee Higgins, GA 4* Jeremiah Holloman, TX 4* KD Nixon & TN 3* Princeton Fant

TE: MS 3* Chase Rogers

OL: TN 5* Trey Smith, CA 4* Jalen McKenzie, TN 3* Obinna Eze

Defense:

DT: VA 4* Breyon Gaddy, VA 3* Brandon Gaddy, VA 4* Eric Crosby, VA 4* Jordan Williams, & TN 4* Rutger Reitmaier

DE: TN 3* Latrell Bumphus & GA 3* Marquez Bembry

LB: TN 4* Maleik Gray, NC 4* Justin Foster, & GA 3* Solon Page III.

DB: GA 5* DeAngelo Gibbs, TN 5* Jacoby Stevens, PA 4* Lamont Wade, LA 4* Cheyenne Labruzza, TN 3* Gentry Bonds.

Class Statistics:

-27 Total Recruits (12 Offense, 15 Defense).

-5*: 5 Recruits.
-4*: 14 Recruits.
-3*: 8 Recruits.

-Ranking: #3-Rated National Class (#2-Rated SEC Class).

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Three thoughts:
-qb, take one every year, especially in Jones' system
-really hate to miss on Chandler
-another talented body for the dline

That class is elite without those three things just adding a perfect scenario.

Here's my dream class.

Offense:

QB: FL 4* N'Kosi Perry

RB: MS 5* Cam Akers, TN 4* Ty Chandler, & TN 4* Chase Hayden

WR: TN 5* Tee Higgins, GA 4* Jeremiah Holloman, TX 4* KD Nixon & TN 3* Princeton Fant

TE: MS 3* Chase Rogers

OL: TN 5* Trey Smith, CA 4* Jalen McKenzie, TN 3* Obinna Eze

Defense:

DT: VA 4* Breyon Gaddy, VA 3* Brandon Gaddy, VA 4* Eric Crosby, VA 4* Jordan Williams, & TN 4* Rutger Reitmaier

DE: TN 3* Latrell Bumphus & GA 3* Marquez Bembry

LB: TN 4* Maleik Gray, NC 4* Justin Foster, & GA 3* Solon Page III.

DB: GA 5* DeAngelo Gibbs, TN 5* Jacoby Stevens, PA 4* Lamont Wade, LA 4* Cheyenne Labruzza, TN 3* Gentry Bonds.

Class Statistics:

-27 Total Recruits (12 Offense, 15 Defense).

-5*: 5 Recruits.
-4*: 14 Recruits.
-3*: 8 Recruits.

-Ranking: #3-Rated National Class (#2-Rated SEC Class).

Weak Sauce LB class right there.

Personally don't think young Mckenzie will be a part of this class due to knee concerns. Will land himself a good spot on a west coast team IMO

Which sucks b/c he's a great kid

The 2017 QB class sucks in general while 2018 is supposed to be lights out so no its not dangerous.

If we can't get Lawrence, Emory Jones is no consolation. He's a prize himself.

If we take no one in '17, and strike out on Lawrence and Jones in '18, then yes, it's dangerous.

VN Store

Back