9-1-16? (Vols' season opener moved to Thursday)

#Vols opener against Appalachian State moving to Sept. 1. Confirmed.
-@WesRucker

#Vols moving opener vs Appy State to Thursday, Sept 1. TV game, too
-@JohnBrice

Reactions: 3 people
Opener moved to 9-1. @GoVols247: #Vols opener against Appalachian State moving to Sept. 1. Confirmed.

m.twitter.com/GoVols247

Reactions: 1 person
This sucks. I make fun of the Carolina fans for having their opener on Thursday every year. I believe this will be the first game at Neyland on Thursday.

Reactions: 7 people
Well that stinks. The 3rd is our anniversary. Neyland Stadium is the worlds best place to celebrate anything! Dammit.

Reactions: 6 people
Why are they doing this?

Won't there be tons of people from Tri Cities, Chattanooga and Nashville that won't be able to come now because its during the week? Plus, normal people even in Knoxville have to work during the day and aren't going to want to go home after work then come to the stadium.

Someone didn't think this through.

Reactions: 4 people
I hope no one already made hotel reservations. I'm still gonna be there. Last year was the first time I made two games since I lived in Ktown. First game in Nashville, and the Bowl game. Opened and closed the season with my Vols. Gonna do it again.

Reactions: 2 people
Hart said SEC approached him after ESPN asked SEC to move another game to Thursday night.

Surely a lot of $$$ incentives here for TN and I bet we can get more recruits to the game since all of them will want to go to Auburn Clemson, Bama-USC, UGA-UNC ect on Saturday.

Reactions: 5 people
Is kinda cool to open the CFB season, but do agree that attendance will suffer. I'll be there though

Anyone not convinced that it's all about money now should have their head examined. This will be a logistical nightmare. Sunday night would have been better.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people

VN Store

Back