Where to stay for Bristol?

Z06VolinWV

Just found out today that I scored some free tickets to the game at Bristol. What would be the best place to try to get in to stay? Hopefully, it's not too late to find a decent place!

Also, as another option, I could pull my 5th wheel down, anyone know how the camping situation is?

Just found out today that I scored some free tickets to the game at Bristol. What would be the best place to try to get in to stay? Hopefully, it's not too late to find a decent place!

Also, as another option, I could pull my 5th wheel down, anyone know how the camping situation is?

Campgrounds may be full or close to it.

I'd start calling campgrounds if I were you.

Chattanooga.

Reactions: 4 people
Most of the places in Bristol are probably booked. Johnson City or Kingsport might be as well. We only have one hotel in Elizabethton and that's not much. Somewhere like Boone or Gatlinburg wouldn't be too far.

You could check out Erwin as well. There are some motels and hotels there.

Most of the places in Bristol are probably booked. Johnson City or Kingsport might be as well. We only have one hotel in Elizabethton and that's not much. Somewhere like Boone or Gatlinburg wouldn't be too far.

Yeah the ole travelers inn isn't much to talk about haha... You could check out Meredith valley cabins or camping is probably your best option at this point.

Not sure if South Holston has a campground anymore, but, you could check there. Abingdon may have something. You can probably get a room in Kingsport or Johnson City, but, last I checked you are looking at $300-400 range for a Hampton Inn type room.

Good luck

I'm from Bristol. Went to VHS. This is like a race weekend, meaning, look south and north (or non-traditional sites) to stay. Look as far north as Wytheville and even down I-77 to Hillsville on the VA/NC border. Easy drive to but hell getting out(of the track). Abingdon has B&Bs but VT fans have/will eat these up.

I'm in Chapel Hill, NC and will watch on TV 'cause there's no way the track view is better.. but!! being part of an attendance record might be your draw but not mine as I fought that traffic for years.

BTW, go 'Heels' vs Dawgs in the Chicken Kickoff Classic

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
I'll check around tomm. I'd really rather not pull my 5th wheel down and deal with setup and the traffic getting out pulling a 38' 5th wheel.
Like I mentioned, just found out yesterday that we are getting tix, they're box seat tix at that.
I had planned to just watch it at home after reading about how horrible the seating will be, but oh well, might as well take advantage of the tickets!
Thanks for the info!

Rogersville, TN might be a good option. I just checked for 9/9-9/11 and found rooms at Comfort Inn ($96) and Quality Inn ($64 through Expedia). Comparable rooms in Kingsport are in the $230-300 range.

With normal traffic the drive from those Rogersville hotels to BMS is 65-75 minutes; of course, that won't be the case on game day.

Oh, life is so hard. I just got free box seat tickets to the biggest football game ever and now I have to find a place to stay. :)

KnoxVegas..........

stay there; take a bus there & back

enjoy the stay the night before and the night after

get to know some new ORANGE friends on the bus trip.

I have a spare room for $1,000 a night. You will have to pay for your back ground check and leave a credit card # for incidentals.

There is a KOA and another campground on the west side of exit 63 on I-81 (opposite side from the Cracker Barrel). There are four motels at exit 4 of I-26 near Kingsport and a Marriot at exit 3 in Kingsport. Check Hampton Inn, Jamimson Inn, or Holiday Inn Express at the exit 4. Easy drive of about 4 miles to I-81N, then about 12 miles to exit 69 at Blountville. Good luck.

VN Store

Back