Will DLine depth be Vols Achilles heel

Nocleats

Will lack of bodies on the DLine be Tenns Achilles Heel this season? Depth at LB also is a concern.. Thoughts?:unsure:

Reactions: 1 person
Should be fine, as long as it isn't an Achilles' tendon involved. Had enough of those with Dooley.

We need Tuttle and Johnson to be ready to overcome the problem - and still may need to slide over a DE for help.

Reactions: 2 people
We've got so much depth at DE that we should be fine. Barnett is good enough and strong enough to move inside and can play a Kongbo/Vereen/Phillips/Lewis rotation at DE if things go really bad at DT.

We have plenty of depth at DE. For DT we got Vickers, Danny Brian, KMac and Quay Picou ready to play. Shy is progressing well to be healthy to play by first or second week. Alexis Johnson is up in the air right now but Charles Mosely can help if needed in DT and so can some big DEs like Kongbo or Lewis.

I could be wrong, but I think someone mentioned Butcher sliding inside. He looked like he had added weight and muscle in the picture of him with the other DL.

I am concerned with depth with defensive interior lineman. We need Tuttle to be full go come Florida game. I think Vickers and O'Brien are both underrated and neither one is talked about enough but we are going to need both of them to make plays and stay healthy.

At DE I think we have good depth.

At DT, our depth is concerning until Tuttle is full go and/or Johnson is reinstated. If Tuttle has setbacks and Johnson isn't ready to go, Shoop will probably have to find ways to get creative to make up for our lack of depth at DT.

My personal hope is that the reports of Kongbo being 6'6 285 are true and that he's able to play both DE and DT situationally. That could round things out for us nicely.

DL will be more than fine.

11244554.jpeg

Reactions: 4 people
All I know is this new DC better pan out like ya'll want it to because he has a whole mountain on his shoulders right now and ever single year we lose key players at key positions... EVERY single year, and it turns the season into a genuine cluster. As soon as linemen start dropping on both sides of the ball we are going to find out what's real and what's hype.

Dline depth isn't concerning at all, Just DT depth. But Kongbo, Barnett, Phillips will likely all line up at DT on certain plays

All I know is this new DC better pan out like ya'll want it to because he has a whole mountain on his shoulders right now and ever single year we lose key players at key positions... EVERY single year, and it turns the season into a genuine cluster. As soon as linemen start dropping on both sides of the ball we are going to find out what's real and what's hype.

Thanks for sharing all you know...it was more than enough

Reactions: 5 people
There is no Achilles heel for Team 120. There is only Win. For the Tennessee coaches it's SECC and Play-Offs or this:

K8xRUaA.gif

I am concerned with depth with defensive interior lineman. We need Tuttle to be full go come Florida game. I think Vickers and O'Brien are both underrated and neither one is talked about enough but we are going to need both of them to make plays and stay healthy.

and we have that other little guy...Big Mac...plenty bodies to go around...just don't see any problems except ones we create...:)

GO VOLS!

You said "like y'all want". Do you not want things to go well with Shoop and UT?

The amount of pressure we will bring from the edge and blitzes from the LB's, Corners and safties will soften the middle up.
In short, don't worry we will be fine.

VN Store

Back