2017 QB CJ Lewis commits

KnoxRealtorVOL

First of his name
Here's the thing guys.........

The 6-foot-3.5, 205-pound Lewis chose the Vols over scholarship offers from Boston College, Connecticut and Buffalo, giving Tennessee its 23rd commitment for the 2017 class shortly after he picked up an offer from the Vols.

Lewis is ranked the nation’s No. 1,633 overall prospect and No. 40 dual-threat quarterback in the 247Sports Composite for the 2017 class

I'm not sure what we're doing right now.

Reactions: 6 people
Here's the thing guys.........

I'm not sure what we're doing right now.

Me either. Especially with a top 5* 2018 QB saying just yesterday we would benefit from not taking a QB this class. We really don't need one, especially a 3*. Not to disparege the kid, but we need to be a bit smarter than to take every 3* guy that wants to jump on the train.

Reactions: 3 people
We have got to live up to expectations on the field this season it's as simple as that. If we are in Atlanta in Dec then the top recruits will come

Reactions: 1 person
Anyone remember the QB's name from GA who is supposedly choosing between us and Ohio State? He is rated the #2 duel threat. Not sure of his class classification though.

I hate being the pessimist, but I do not like the way this class is unfolding.
Hurts us either way...either we:

1) Tear it up on the field this fall and make the SECCG, a ton of four and five star guys come calling and we cut all of these 3 star guys loose...mkaes us look like we don't honor our commitments, which other programs will use against us.

2) We are don't live up to expectations this fall and we have this class full of 3 star guys (lesser talent) that is CBJ does get canned in the next year or two will leave the cupboard pretty empty for teh next guy.

Keep in mind I am not a huge fan of the stars system, and I believe anyone can be coached up. BUT at some point in time you just have to have sheer talent on the field and so far I don't see it in this recruiting class.

Some perspective.

1. I fully admit I have no clue about this recruit or why we chose him. Not exciting.
So everything else I say does not include this qb.

2. You guys are going a little far with many others in this class.

Just quickly.
Fant was dropped a star due to being injured his Sr year.

McDaniel was lowered due to waiting on his clearinghouse approval.

Murphy was left at 3 only because of academic issues. Jones took him the same week that he told a higher rated wr transfer from TX that we didn't have room.

Unfortunately, some of the guys lower, will be replaced later.
But the guys above were wanted and are talented.
If you are just wanting to boast to friends, these kids will not help your cause.
However, if you are wanting talent on the field, good chance you will be surprised by the kids I listed and a few I didn't.

Reactions: 6 people
WTF...is this class full already? What are we supposed to talk about from the end of our national championship to NSD?

I just hope this doesnt hurt our chances with Emory Jones. I didnt even know we was recruiting CJ Lewis for a QB in this class. The way this 17 class is coming together, leaves me scratching my head. Thoughts?

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back