Hard times at UT

TN Outlaw

I mean we have a coach that can't coach, a recruiting class that sux, a QB that can't throw, an AD that's the devil, an OC that coached the dinosaurs(and lost) etc. Idk how us fans can still muster the enthusiasm to put on our orange hats everyday. I guess cuz we know we can always just blame Dooley for it all.

Heck we have a coach that's built us up from vandy levels to being picked to win the east and even beyond, and has shown to be a master closer on the crutin' trail, one of THE most dynamic QB's in the nation that lots of solid teams would kill for, 2 asst coaches that 1 has proven to be one of the best at his craft and the other that proved last year that he could take our weakness(oline) and make it a strength and scheme around the teams skillsets and score alot of points. Hart may be the devil but he has made some good hires it seems so I'll reserve judgement on him.

In other words, you would think we were going downhill by reading a lot of folks feelings on here. Greatness hasn't been achieved yet but this program is in better shape than it's been in lots of years and the whole nation is hyped over what Jones has done thus far and they all like our chances with Dobbs at the wheel. Give Jones the benifit of the doubt until Feb with reguards to the 2017 class before "the sky is falling" takes place.

Great time to be a Vol, just like old times. Hold on, smile, and enjoy the ride brothers and sisters.

Reactions: 51 people
I mean we have a coach that can't coach, a recruiting class that sux, a QB that can't throw, an AD that's the devil, an OC that coached the dinosaurs(and lost) etc. Idk how us fans can still muster the enthusiasm to put on our orange hats everyday. I guess cuz we know we can always just blame Dooley for it all.

Heck we have a coach that's built us up from vandy levels to being picked to win the east and even beyond, and has shown to be a master closer on the crutin' trail, one of THE most dynamic QB's in the nation that lots of solid teams would kill for, 2 asst coaches that 1 has proven to be one of the best at his craft and the other that proved last year that he could take our weakness(oline) and make it a strength and scheme around the teams skillsets and score alot of points. Hart may be the devil but he has made some good hires it seems so I'll reserve judgement on him.

In other words, you would think we were going downhill by reading a lot of folks feelings on here. Greatness hasn't been achieved yet but this program is in better shape than it's been in lots of years and the whole nation is hyped over what Jones has done thus far and they all like our chances with Dobbs at the wheel. Give Jones the benifit of the doubt until Feb with reguards to the 2017 class before "the sky is falling" takes place.

Great time to be a Vol, just like old times. Hold on, smile, and enjoy the ride brothers and sisters.

Not a very busy day for you, is it?

Reactions: 9 people
I will give Butch credit. I thought the "brick by brick" thing was a load but he has more talent on the field than I have ever seen, proven SEC level talent. Experience, speed and for the most part depth everywhere and another great class in place for 2017. This is the job he was hired to do. Hard to believe it could happen for a school with no recent championships. There were too many weak links to rate the coaching ability the last 3 years. This will actually be our first look at how these guys coach on game day with equal or better talent than all opponents.

Reactions: 3 people

Glad u found time in ur hectic schedule to comment.

Every thread is about how sh*tty the 2017 class is or how Dobbs can't throw during some of the best times for UT football in a decade. Just thought folks would enjoy it a lil more.

But how you can tell its a slow day for me is that I actually took the time to try and explain myself to you when if you asked me why, I really don't have a clue why I did. As u say, not a very busy day I guess.

Now carry on with your extremely important and busy day with no more interruptions from me! Maybe

Reactions: 7 people
Glad u found time in ur hectic schedule to comment.

Every thread is about how sh*tty the 2017 class is or how Dobbs can't throw during some of the best times for UT football in a decade. Just thought folks would enjoy it a lil more.

But how you can tell its a slow day for me is that I actually took the time to try and explain myself to you when if you asked me why, I really don't have a clue why I did. As u say, not a very busy day I guess.

Now carry on with your extremely important and busy day with no more interruptions from me! Maybe

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink. Might want to stop wasting your time with the Negative Nancies on here. They aren't happy unless they are unhappy.

Reactions: 6 people
I will give Butch credit. I thought the "brick by brick" thing was a load but he has more talent on the field than I have ever seen, proven SEC level talent. Experience, speed and for the most part depth everywhere and another great class in place for 2017. This is the job he was hired to do. Hard to believe it could happen for a school with no recent championships. There were too many weak links to rate the coaching ability the last 3 years. This will actually be our first look at how these guys coach on game day with equal or better talent than all opponents.

Yeah, I'm excited to see what he can do now that he has veteran talent and Shoop on the staff.

Spent several seasons looking at the schedule wondering how we could get to 6-6 and make a bowl and sometimes not really being able to find 6 wins.

Now most people have 10-2 or better but hard to find a thread that's not turned to doom and gloom about Dobbs or recruiting or Butch's coaching. Guess I made a huge mistake posting such nonsense during the off season.

Good day to you

Reactions: 1 person
You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink. Might want to stop wasting your time with the Negative Nancies on here. They aren't happy unless they are unhappy.

Slow learner I guess, but now I know.

Fahr butch, bench Dobbs, this class sucks!

Better?

Dave Hart may be the devil incarnate, but the devil doesn't exist.
So, Dave may take comfort in the fact that he, therefore, does not exist.

Last edited:

Nah, winning makes us happy, just like you

Reactions: 2 people
Times are tough,
My auntie's got enough
Problems of her own.
Brother, you're supposed to be grown.
I agree!
I gotta be the man I'm s'posed to be!
But negativity is all you seem to ever see!
I admit
I've done some dumb $h!+
And I'm probably gonna do some more,
You shouldn't hold that against me though
(Why not?)
Why not? Vol football is all that I got!
But some time must be invested
For this to be manifested.
I know you know, but I'm gon' say this to you
I, get fly but I don't get too fly.
So what's the limit s'posed to be?
That must be why you can't get your @$$ up out the bed before three.
You need to get up, get out,
Cut that bullish out.
Ain't you sick and tired of having to do without?
Man, what's up with all these questions you asking?
Do you know something I don't?
Do have any suggestions?
'Cause every job I get is cruel and demeaning.
Sick of taking trash out and toilet bowl cleaning.
But I'm also sick and tired of struggling.
Never thought I'd have to resort to drug smuggling.
Nah, that ain't what I'm about.
Coach Z is just gon' keep on traveling this route,
Without any doubt or fear.
I know the Lord and ain't brought me this far so he could drop me off here.
Did I make myself clear?

Thank you for taking that vital moment from yours. :salute:
tumblr_nxo1y67TGA1qfy8apo1_400.gif

Reactions: 2 people
Times are tough,
My auntie's got enough
Problems of her own.
I agree!
I admit
I've done some dumb $h!+
(Why not?)
Cut that bullish out.
Do have any suggestions?
Did I make myself clear?

^^Replacement for 3rd Down for What :post-4-1090547957:

Now that we have clawed our way from the depths of irrelevance, we can go back to discussing what matters the most. How great can our offense be? How great can our defense be? Special teams, how great will they be?

2016 is a good year to see how great can a team be? I expect many records to be broken(starting with the number of wins in a season) on our NC run.

Times are tough,
My auntie's got enough
Problems of her own.
I agree!
I admit
I've done some dumb $h!+
(Why not?)
Cut that bullish out.
Do have any suggestions?
Did I make myself clear?

My problem is when something starts to rhyme, it goes from Dr. Suese , to Vanilla Ice. What's your intentions here?

VN Store

Back