Does anyone have any info regarding the date of open practice?

KnoxRealtorVOL

First of his name
My wife's work is buying tickets to Feast With the Beasts in Knoxville and they have to have them ordered by Friday. Feast With the Beasts always happens one Saturday in August, as does open practice. If they happen to fall on the same night we are doing open practice instead, but we don't want her work to buy tickets for us only for us to not show up.

Short version: I need to know when open practice will be ASAP so we can make sure we don't make overlapping plans.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Can't have this Q without...

tumblr_me2xj0hXvN1qe1x8qo1_500.gif

Anybody who schedules something that even MIGHT conflict with UT football deserves to have no one show up!

The last two years I believe it has been the day that students move in. So I would expect it to be August 13th.

Last edited:
There is still going to be an open practice it is supposed to be either the 13 or 20 on govols site they say it just has not been announced which date yet.

There is still going to be an open practice it is supposed to be either the 13 or 20 on govols site they say it just has not been announced which date yet.

Hubbs said matter of factly on 104.5 TheZone in Nashville that "for the first time in the Butch Jones Era", there will be no Ooen Practice for the fans. Said part of that was due to the class schedule and that we'd hear Butch talk a lot about how short this training camp will be.

Also, an "Open Practice" wasn't included on the official practice schedule recently released.

Hubbs is pretty tapped into things with the football program. I'd be surprised if he's wrong on this. Guess we'll know pretty soon.

Hubbs said matter of factly on 104.5 TheZone in Nashville that "for the first time in the Butch Jones Era", there will be no Ooen Practice for the fans. Said part of that was due to the class schedule and that we'd hear Butch talk a lot about how short this training camp will be.

Also, an "Open Practice" wasn't included on the official practice schedule recently released.

Hubbs is pretty tapped into things with the football program. I'd be surprised if he's wrong on this. Guess we'll know pretty soon.

Brent may have gotten a further update, but they were hoping to have one on August 20 IF some infrastructure improvements inside the stadium are wrapped up in time to schedule it. Should know something for sure by Monday.

The improvements aren't anything that fans will notice, it's mostly work that's being done so future upgrades can be made.

Reactions: 1 person
I believe DP said it would be Aug 20, if they got some stadium projects done.

I think they were hoping to know something by Monday.

Last edited:
I believe DP said it would be Aug 20, if they got some stadium projects done.

I think they were hoping to know something by Monday.

Should be an official announcement tomorrow, but I'm not expecting there to be one at this point. The practice schedule given to players today has a morning practice set for Sat August 20, which had been targeted for the day if they could make it happen with the facilities work.

Butch won't mention the stadium work because it's all behind-the scenes stuff that fans won't notice. He's going to talk about the class conflicts during the first week of camp and the two fewer days before the opener against Appy State.

something about the school year starting so early.. what I was told

Something about the way the calendar falls put the extra week off between summer school and the regular school year at the start of the summer, rather than the end the last two years. So instead of there being two and a half weeks between the end of summer school and the start of fall, it's only a week and a half.

VN Store

Back