Brent Hubbs discusses Brandon Johnson

KBVol

Hubbs said he has been the most impressive incoming WR this summer athletically. He's been the biggest surprise and has "wowed" folks. Said he's also grown since last year. Others have shown well, but he's definitely been the one who's stood out thus far.

Last edited:
Reactions: 24 people
Interesting.. He was definitely an under-the-radar guy in this past recruiting class, maybe a diamond in the rough?

Also, his offer list was pretty impressive for a 5.6 RR - Including Arky, Clemson, UGA, Louisville, LSU, Miami, MS St, USCe and Wisconsin.

Reactions: 7 people
How is this possible....only a 3* on Rivals which means he needs a couple more years training before he's ready to play?

Reactions: 8 people
Hopefully he keeps up the good work. Especially once they are in pads and hitting. We need the WRs to make more of an impact and I believe they can if DeBord has Dobbs toss it around a bit more.

Reactions: 1 person
If the talent he has obviously displayed at practice translates to the field on gameday, this offense has the potential to be even more potent than I had originally thought. I've been counting on the team taking a step foward and been pretty sure George, TB, & MC would make positive impacts this year but if BJ puts the kind of product on the field that everybody has been raving about, as much as I don't like playing so many wr's per game no matter which group is on the field the Offense should be explosive and dangerous!

Just make sure to keep them away from CZA so they will be good! (said in an almost joking mannor)

Hubbs said he has been the most impressive incoming WR this summer athletically. He's been the biggest surprise and has "wowed" folks. Said he's also grown since last year. Others have shown well, but he's definitely been the one who's stood out thus far.

Any idea how much he has grown?

Any idea how much he has grown?

Oddly enough, he didn't say. I think he came in listed at 6'3", so he was already a long, lanky kid. Perhaps he's yet another 6'4 or so WR in the arsenal? Sooner or later one of these guys have got to hit.

Reactions: 2 people
John Brice, recently on 104.5 the zone in Nash, said Byrd was the most impressive incoming freshman by far, and had enough athletic ability to start as a true freshman somewhere either on defense or offense (and he's being used as a WR obviously).

These are obviously good things to hear about Johnson and Byrd.

VN Store

Back