Hyams on Alexis Johnson

Big Gucci Sosa

Sniper Gang.
ff1900ddfb4f09fb441c4e4082297d77.png

df6f1b05f805c8726c1f9612a6d6351b.png

Reactions: 1 person
I just hope these are very mature individuals.
College-age seems to bring out a social justice tendency.

Reactions: 12 people
Come on Butch, put the kid on the field... this off season we have seen plenty of kids do MUCH worse at other programs and not even have to run bleachers, much less suspended for any amount of time. Get him in shape and on the field... He's learned his lesson.

Reactions: 4 people
With Johnson possibly getting cleared before the season and Tuttle's outlook getting more positive by the day, Tennessee DT depth problem is becoming less and less significant.

Reactions: 8 people
Come on Butch, put the kid on the field... this off season we have seen plenty of kids do MUCH worse at other programs and not even have to run bleachers, much less suspended for any amount of time. Get him in shape and on the field... He's learned his lesson.

That's a dangerous precedent to set. Gotta set rules and standards inside the program and not worry about the business of other programs. Butch has seemingly done a good job implementing and sticking to that very plan. Not to mention that Johnson's charges were domestic violence related and Tennessee can't afford to err on the side of too much leniency with issues involving violence against women, because of the Title IX stuff.

Reactions: 21 people
So Alexis has requested a hearing that should take place some time in August? Is there more to it or is that all that's being reported?

Also, does anyone know if he has been allowed to work out/do skill drills with the team this summer or not?

So Alexis has requested a hearing that should take place some time in August? Is there more to it or is that all that's being reported?

Also, does anyone know if he has been allowed to work out/do skill drills with the team this summer or not?

Hasn't been allowed to workout with the team this summer due to his indefinite suspension.

This reporting from Hyams gave us no new information at all.

Reactions: 3 people
Hasn't been allowed to workout with the team this summer due to his indefinite suspension.

Thanks KB. It was a dumb question I guess but I was outside and it was hard to see JH's tweets on my phone. I thought he was suspended from all team activities but I wasn't sure.

IF his request is approved, and IF they expedite the process and have him restored to the team in August, getting ready for SEC play is gona be kinda tough, rite?

1st year at DT is tough for EE's, very difficult for SE's, so would be a tough row to hoe for Alexis IMO.

Had he already asked for the student judicial hearing, instead of the judge?

Thanks KB. It was a dumb question I guess but I was outside and it was hard to see JH's tweets on my phone. I thought he was suspended from all team activities but I wasn't sure.

IF his request is approved, and IF they expedite the process and have him restored to the team in August, getting ready for SEC play is gona be kinda tough, rite?

1st year at DT is tough for EE's, very difficult for SE's, so would be a tough row to hoe for Alexis IMO.

Not a dumb question at all. This stuff has been hard to keep up with. Hopefully he's reinstated and can get up to speed ASAP so he can help out by the time we get to the 4 game stretch that's gonna make or break our season. We need him IMO.

Couldn't agree more. Need Tut hitting 100% and Alexis rounding into form and both with some full speed live games reps under their belts when that 4 game stretch arrives.

Hopefully itll work out that way. In the meantime DO, QP, KV, even Kongbo, Cave, and Bain should be holding it down and getting plenty experience leading up to "murderers row"

Thanks again KB

If he gets reinstated, it'll be refreshing to have another body there regardless if he isn't in great form.

That's a dangerous precedent to set. Gotta set rules and standards inside the program and not worry about the business of other programs. Butch has seemingly done a good job implementing and sticking to that very plan. Not to mention that Johnson's charges were domestic violence related and Tennessee can't afford to err on the side of too much leniency with issues involving violence against women, because of the Title IX stuff.

Exactly. What had me shaking my head on this was Alexis Johnson had just got here. Had he even been here more than two weeks? The night this happened, he should have been finishing unpacking and introducing himself to women. No, this guy definitely does not waste time for this to happen this quickly.

Butch needs to think very carefully before he re-instates this guy. Another arrest would be a PR nightmare.

Reactions: 2 people
https://vimeo.com/145751086

I think he could come in and contribute right away. Kamara only had exp. against JUCO players as well (and made them look silly). When I watch Kongbo and Johnson highlights I think "Ok, they aren't playing against D1 athletes, but they also aren't playing against high schoolers either." He is just a freaking wrecking ball..fingers crossed

Any FB player who gets in trouble these days for doing anything with/to a woman is too stupid to play anyway. Before long, people will be suing for glancing their way!

I keep hearing that most likely he will redshirt and will fulfill his obligation of staying clean for 6 months. That doesn't end until mid-October so he his reinstatement not likely until then.

Reactions: 3 people
I'm sure he's still going to get at least a 4 game suspension or so out of this. He might even get the entire season. Can he take a redshirt if they were to suspend him for the season?

I keep hearing that most likely he will redshirt and will fulfill his obligation of staying clean for 6 months. That doesn't end until mid-October so he his reinstatement not likely until then.

Was afraid of that. That 6 month probation period seems to be the wildcard, especially in the current Title IX climate on campus. Doug Mathews mentioned that a few weeks ago.

TOTALLY agree, and Butch has had a zero tolerance policy since he's been here and I love it... This case however, has gone on long enough I believe and he should get a shot to redeem himself...

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back