Bob Shoop discusses Tennessee's defense

dduncan4163

Have at it Hoss
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCBufS3nXik[/youtube]

Shoop is a defensive mastermind and he has never been close to having this kind of talent at his disposal. Our D is going to take over games this season mark my words Nation.

Reactions: 24 people
The 2016 version of the TN D is going to earn the Orange Swarm name. They are going to Attack not React and they are going to make my QBs and RBs fold under the pressure. Our D will win us a few games this seasons you can bet that.

GO VOLS

Reactions: 5 people
We gotta keep recruiting high profile guys for the trenches. If we can do that, we'll remain at the top. The smash mouth defensive football games are what I'd love to see.

Reactions: 1 person
In about 4 decades of watching my beloved Vols, I have never been this excited about waiting for a defense to take the field for the first time. I am pumped!

Reactions: 6 people
"How much do you love a sack?" is not a question you hear every day.

Well, maybe some of you...

Reactions: 6 people
Shoop seems competent.

I know that sounds simple. We have had a hard time tackling since the Sal Sunseri (ranked 107th, allowing 471 yards per game) days.

It's been a gradual improvement. The Joe Adams (Arkansas) punt return against us (I know, that was special teams, but still...) and the UF 4th down play last year along with a half dozen missed tackles that would have won the OU game....

If he's focusing on football 101, meaning tackling - It'll be refreshing to see.

Can't wait to see the product he brings to the field.
GO VOLS!

Reactions: 2 people
Waiting to see what happens on the field.

I will say though, I am hoping he lives up to the billing. That's all I can say. He's young enough that if he is successful we will be good on D. Look at all the D player bodies they just recruited. He has the bodies.

I am beginning to think about the O coordinator position though. Poker Face is only going to hold the position until he is successful I believe. He may even retire after that or if he still has a spark he will look at the NFl. I don't think he will stay long term though. I pose a scenario, Could you imagine Tom Herman as O coordinator? those two would be a force to reckon with.

tumblr_nzis22zWTU1tpn7s0o1_250.gif

Reactions: 3 people
Shoop seems competent.

I know that sounds simple. We have had a hard time tackling since the Sal Sunseri (ranked 107th, allowing 471 yards per game) days.

It's been a gradual improvement. The Joe Adams (Arkansas) punt return against us (I know, that was special teams, but still...) and the UF 4th down play last year along with a half dozen missed tackles that would have won the OU game....

If he's focusing on football 101, meaning tackling - It'll be refreshing to see.

Can't wait to see the product he brings to the field.
GO VOLS!

Indeed, I agree with your assessment of the gradual improved tackling of the Vol defense.....but tackling must improve this year even further if the Vols are to compete for the SEC title

Team 120's defense should be fun to watch with Shoop at the controls

He really seems like a sharp guy. I enjoyed his interview on the sports animal. What I like about him is that he is very open-minded. I believe he will adjust to whatever is thrown his way this year. He loves to pressure the qb, and that is something we have lacked at UT for a long time. I believe he will do an excellent job at UT and seems to fit right in with the staff.

My favorite quote of the off season is still "Nobody will run the football on the Orange Swarm. Nobody will run the football on Tennessee." Every time I think about that line a bright orange flame springs up within me and in my head I see 'Tennessee - 50 rushing yards per game allowed, 2016'

We MUST beat Florida. That is probably my biggest beef with Butch. That game has enormous importance for us...and as a side note...me personally. We were up 27-14 and I was moments away from texting my brother in law the biggest "hahhahhahhahhah...EAT IT" text of my life. I still can't believe we lost that game. I was so completely ticked off...probably as mad as I've ever been about a sports outcome. I HATED Butch for that. I blamed him. Part of me still does.

Please for the love of all that is good and decent.....we MUST beat them this time. A total dominating beatdown is preferred....but I will accept a simple W.

Thanks in advance.

We MUST beat Florida. ... A total dominating beatdown is preferred....but I will accept a simple W.

Thanks in advance.

I really think a hard-fought, competitive win will mean so much more moving forward. I could be wrong, but being as this is the toughest conference, I just don't see us blowing out FL, GA, A&M and AL -- I do see us winning close ones in each of these 4.

VN Store

Back