Tom Fornelli: Vol's SEC Most Overrated Team, Will Finish 3rd in the East

Breaking out the BS-o-meter, scanning...

scanning...

Whoops, found this, further down the page:

Most underrated team

Vanderbilt
: Don't sleep on Vanderbilt. Seriously.

Site busted. BS-o-meter through da roof. Ineptitude oozing from all the pores of that article.

Go Vols! :)

Reactions: 27 people
I laugh at the term "expert". These writers putting out these predictions are absolutely no more equipped to predict anything than the average VN poster. I'd say the same thing if this "expert" had us winning the SEC East.

Reactions: 3 people
Not once do they mention this years roster or talent. using generalities as your entire explanation shows how little you actually know.

Reactions: 7 people
Fornelli also states that this is just "the same TN team from years past that hasn't beaten Florida since 2004." How can you even make that statement as a supposed professional sports writer? So this is the exact same team as the 2004-2015 teams? Same players? Same coach?

He really thinks our talent level/experience is the same as the 2011/2012 TN teams that played Florida? I mean this is some quality ignorance right there for a major sports network writer.

Reactions: 13 people
Pandering to the naysayers. I can understand the "prove it" attitude to a degree, but this is NOT the "same team" thats lost 11 in a row to UF.

Reactions: 2 people
Nothing to see here...........move along. Imagine that! another media outlet saying UT is overrated.........wow!

The sports media is as full of crap as the main stream media. Too lazy to dig for the truth and too stupid to know when they do run across some bit of truth.
Don't just make up stuff like the so-called political journalists.

"It's just, this is the same Tennessee team that hasn't beaten Florida since 2004 and hasn't won against Georgia in Athens since 2006. It's also 3-13 against ranked teams under Butch Jones, so while I see the potential, I'm still approaching with caution."

This is not the same, actually it is Team 120. We don't have all the injuries that we had last year.............all that being said, I think the word he should have used in optimistic, because we did have one of the youngest teams, the turnover has been second to none and now UT has the elite players on both sides of the football......AND this is FRICKEN! TENNESSEE! One of the Top 15 best performing schools in the NCAA for all time........this is not our first rodeo, we might have had our dips, but who hasn't? Alabama, FSU, Miami, Norte Dame, Penn State, USCwest, etc. etc, have all experienced the same thing and rebuilt.........why can't UT be one of those teams this year?

Go Vols!!:rock::rock::rock:

Reactions: 4 people
Breaking out the BS-o-meter, scanning...

scanning...

Whoops, found this, further down the page:

Site busted. BS-o-meter through da roof. Ineptitude oozing from all the pores of that article.

Go Vols! :)

Ha yea - the halfway decent years of Franklin recruits are about to be all gone too, the last few years of Vandy recruiting have been absolutely brutal.

I recently was on a plane from LA to ATL with several Rams players (including Brian Randolph, who seems lie a very nice guy), and spoke to a former Vandy player about both James Franklin and Derek Mason. He said James Franklin was an A-hole but was a pretty damn good football coach and knew how to win. He also liked Derek Mason a lot too, but was very unsure if he was ready to be a head coach.

Vanderbilt is currently favored to beat South Carolina in the opener. I find that highly unlikely, and my money is where my mouth is, I bet heavy on USC moneyline. Muschamp has something to prove and will pull out all the stops to ensure he isn't last place in the SEC. The talent is still there for USC, who has averaged about 25 spots higher than vanderbilt on 247 team rankings over the past few years.

"It's just, this is the same Tennessee team that hasn't beaten Florida since 2004 and hasn't won against Georgia in Athens since 2006. It's also 3-13 against ranked teams under Butch Jones, so while I see the potential, I'm still approaching with caution."

This is not the same, actually it is Team 120. We don't have all the injuries that we had last year.............all that being said, I think the word he should have used in optimistic, because we did have one of the youngest teams, the turnover has been second to none and now UT has the elite players on both sides of the football......AND this is FRICKEN! TENNESSEE! One of the Top 15 best performing schools in the NCAA for all time........this is not our first rodeo, we might have had our dips, but who hasn't? Alabama, FSU, Miami, Norte Dame, Penn State, USCwest, etc. etc, have all experienced the same thing and rebuilt.........why can't UT be one of those teams this year?

Go Vols!!:rock::rock::rock:

Didn't you know? This is the same exact team that's been playing Florida since 2004. Nothing has changed. :rolleyes:

I get the "prove it" attitude as well, as another posted had mentioned, but the idea that we'll do worse than last year, which I've seen some clowns online predicting, is asinine. The whole of Tennessee would burn if we do.

This is the kind of thread that I wish could be stickied so we could revisit it in a few weeks when these guys are prove to be fools.

Any comparison to teams between 2006 and 2014 loses all credibility.

Concur. The national writers are too lazy to take a closer look at recent UT history and the miserable state of our roster between 2008 and 2014, in particular. Those were some of the worst teams UT has ever fielded, which has culminated in two straight years without an NFL draft pick.

This is the first year we have a healthy, stable program in a decade. I think the Vols prove all the naysayers wrong this fall.

The skeptics always just point to the Florida streak and sometimes mention things like records vs ranked teams and such but never discuss the upgrade in talent this program has seen since Butch arrived. It kinda pi$$es me off but the season starts next week and a month or so from now, I believe crow will be served. I can't wait.

Reactions: 1 person
I laugh at the term "expert". These writers putting out these predictions are absolutely no more equipped to predict anything than the average VN poster. I'd say the same thing if this "expert" had us winning the SEC East.

That's true. But I have sensed a pattern here on VN of late where, when a commentator picks you to be in the SEC cship game, he's an excellent judge of talent and knows what he's talking about; whereas, if he is a skeptic of the Vols, he's a hack.

Just sayin.'

That's true. But I have sensed a pattern here on VN of late where, when a commentator picks you to be in the SEC cship game, he's an excellent judge of talent and knows what he's talking about; whereas, if he is a skeptic of the Vols, he's a hack.

Just sayin.'

Naturally.

Not because we're home boys for the orange team, but because we know Team 120 is going to kick major butt.

So we're just comparing what we know to be true with that these writers think is going to be true. Where they're right, we say they're right. Where they're wrong, we call them funny names. :)

It's all very logic-based.

Don't laugh but this guy may actually literally hate us.

Last year:
Tom Fornelli

Most underrated team: Missouri. It's always Missouri. The Tigers have won the division the last two years and a lot of pundits have them finishing behind a Tennessee team that hasn't done anything of consequence in a long time.

2015 Tennessee (5-3), (9-4)
2015 Missouri (1-7), (5-7)

:salute:

Reactions: 10 people

Just sayin.'

You're just now noticing this trend? FYI, we also landed on the moon.

Naturally.

Not because we're home boys for the orange team, but because we know Team 120 is going to kick major butt.

So we're just comparing what we know to be true with that these writers think is going to be true. Where they're right, we say they're right. Where they're wrong, we call them funny names. :)

It's all very logic-based.

giphy.gif

The skeptics always just point to the Florida streak and sometimes mention things like records vs ranked teams and such but never discuss the upgrade in talent this program has seen since Butch arrived. It kinda pi$$es me off but the season starts next week and a month or so from now, I believe crow will be served. I can't wait.

The only "good" point made was that UT has to actually get it done now The Vols should have beaten UF last year. Had they done so then they would have been the East champ.

UT has to beat UF to win the East. UF's schedule is just too easy. UGA's is about the same.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back