Vol Calls Tonight

Hey Butch,
Is Paul Bain going to play in the opener? I will hang up and listen.

I know you are just trying to be very funny but I don't understand the need to bash these players. I don't know Paul and have never seen him play but I do know that if he just got out camp, he has just busted his tail for this team and university to either earn some playing time or to make the offense better in the team sessions and scrimmages.

Reactions: 7 people
Bain decides when Bain plays. My guess is he will be busy in the box instructing Shoop on what defensive calls to make until the 4th quarter when he decides Shoop no longer needs him and he can go have some fun with the guys.

Reactions: 1 person
Just in the very unlikely chance that Paul does check in here...I'd just say that I'm very proud of him..it would be awesome if Butch could give him a scholy like he did for Alex Ellis the grind is hard enough when you get meals and books much tougher when you are a walk-on.

I know you are just trying to be very funny but I don't understand the need to bash these players. I don't know Paul and have never seen him play but I do know that if he just got out camp, he has just busted his tail for this team and university to either earn some playing time or to make the offense better in the team sessions and scrimmages.

maxwell_smart__confused.gif

Reactions: 27 people
I can think of 3 or 4 callers that have been on hold since last Thursday.

"Hey coach. I don't know if you remember me or not, but you waived to me in the Vol Walk before the UTC game 2 years ago. Anyway, I just wanna say Go Vols! I'll hang up and lissen."

Reactions: 13 people
Hi coach, this is Jim from Vonore, I just want to say Go Vols and I'll hang up and listen to your comments.

Reactions: 2 people

Im pretty sure the joke is because the guy looks terrifying in his pic and has a great name. Pretty sure that's not bashing.

You're not from round here are ya boy?

Reactions: 15 people

You're doing it wrong.

Reactions: 3 people
Can't wait for the,

Hey coach how are they gonna get the grass to grow in the Battle of Bristol in time?

You know its coming. Lol

Bob:"Let's go to.... Jim. Jim, welcome to Vol Calls."

Caller:"......."

Bob:"Jim, are you there?"

Caller:"Hello??"

Bob:"Yes, Jim. Go ahead"

Caller:"Hey uh, how are y'all doin tonight?"

Bob:"Great, Jim. Do you have a question?"

It never fails. A good 10-15 seconds are wasted with seemingly every caller.

Reactions: 12 people

So the Chuck Norris memes are "bashing"? You're overreacting.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back