Georgia Game comments

MurphyVol

I'm in the minority and mostly enjoy Jimmy Hyams. Anywho, Jimmy said he as an acquaintance that is very connected to the UGa program.

They have shared with Hyams that the feeling in the program is that they have the least talent on campus that they've had in 20 years. In particular, they feel their lines are very weak.

Thought it was interesting and hope it's true

Reactions: 6 people
Their lines are pretty weak. Oline can't open running lanes. Dline can't get pressure. WRs also can't catch.

We should handle them next week.

Reactions: 3 people
Based on yesterday's game their O line makes ours look All SEC. Eason has a heck of an arm but the receivers are inconsistent. The running game is surprisingly weak, but with no blocking up front the backs have no chance. Chubb's play against UNC was a mirage.

Defensive line is unGeorgialike and I couldn't tell if their secondary is soft or Hotty Toddy receivers are awesome.

Special teams are not good.

Again this is based on yesterday's game.

Our D line will need to come up huge again this week. Get Eason rattled. Take him out of the game and wrap Chubb, Michel or whoever lines up back there. If the front 7 plays well we run away with it.

Based on yesterday's game their O line makes ours look All SEC. Eason has a heck of an arm but the receivers are inconsistent. The running game is surprisingly weak, but with no blocking up front the backs have no chance. Chubb's play against UNC was a mirage.

Defensive line is unGeorgialike and I couldn't tell if their secondary is soft or Hotty Toddy receivers are awesome.

Special teams are not good.

Again this is based on yesterday's game.

This is just my opinion from watching ole miss this year. At times they are every bit as good as Bama.

Reactions: 2 people
I hope our players and coaches treat this game like their going against the #1 team in the nation. UGA is wounded. They will have their season on the line when we show up. They will have their backs against a wall. Those kind of teams can be dangerous whether their weaker or not.

Reactions: 24 people
Their OL got dominated by Nicholls and their RB's get hit in the backfield virtually every play.

Their defense is pretty mediocre all over. The db's are bad and the lb's are average. The DL has been getting zero push and Hurd should have a huge day.

I live in Lawrenceville, Ga.... Decked out in Orange today and took me a 5 mile walk on the sidewalk along a busy road. Saw lots and lots of cars. Not one was flying a georgia flag. Did see several G license tags on the front of vehicles. I kept thinking, "The Vols are coming after you next"...

Reactions: 9 people
Their OL got dominated by Nicholls and their RB's get hit in the backfield virtually every play.

Their defense is pretty mediocre all over. The db's are bad and the lb's are average. The DL has been getting zero push and Hurd should have a huge day.

Same could have been said for our OL and Appy State/Ohio. I don't expect the Dawgs to lay down and I hope our players don't.

Reactions: 5 people
This sets up like last years game in reverse. We were coming off a bad loss to Arkansas and lots of fans gave us no chance against the mighty Bulldogs.

We fell way behind early but roared back for a great win. This year we need to take care of business and not let them ever get comfortable.

Reactions: 8 people
This sets up like last years game in reverse. We were coming off a bad loss to Arkansas and lots of fans gave us no chance against the mighty Bulldogs.

We fell way behind early but roared back for a great win. This year we need to take care of business and not let them ever get comfortable.

Can't argue with you there. Vols are the better team but need to come in with the right mentality for this one.

Reactions: 1 person
Their lines are pretty weak. Oline can't open running lanes. Dline can't get pressure. WRs also can't catch.

We should handle them next week.

Any update on the health of Chubb? I didn't think he was 100% before yesterday and he tweaked an ankle it looked like.

Thought maybe that's why their run game wasn't all that great. But Ole Miss made their line look very weak yesterday. Made their whole team look weak.

I live in Lawrenceville, Ga.... Decked out in Orange today and took me a 5 mile walk on the sidewalk along a busy road. Saw lots and lots of cars. Not one was flying a georgia flag. Did see several G license tags on the front of vehicles. I kept thinking, "The Vols are coming after you next"...

I live in Loganville, and I've been wearing my TN cap. A lot of trash talking by Bama fans already.

Reactions: 1 person
Would this be a testament to hurds grinding yards compared to ga's running backs grind behind a bad o line?

Last edited:
I've got feeling, the second half may jump start us like LY UGA game. If we've got our mojo working, we can hang with anyone...but we also have the unfortunate ability to play uninspired ball. If we show up ready to play, I think we're in good shape against UGA. If we hit UGA hard early, have a feeling they'll fold.

I'm in the minority and mostly enjoy Jimmy Hyams. Anywho, Jimmy said he as an acquaintance that is very connected to the UGa program.

They have shared with Hyams that the feeling in the program is that they have the least talent on campus that they've had in 20 years. In particular, they feel their lines are very weak.

Thought it was interesting and hope it's true

Jimmy has great sources.. Lol

I hope our players and coaches treat this game like their going against the #1 team in the nation. UGA is wounded. They will have their season on the line when we show up. They will have their backs against a wall. Those kind of teams can be dangerous whether their weaker or not.

Well said. We're heading into a rough place to play. UGA is going to be fired up. We either show up or watch a golden opportunity go up in smoke. We need to put UGA away and out of the SEC race. They're down...put them out.

Reactions: 2 people
If the Tennessee team that I saw in the second half yesterday at Neyland shows up we will destroy Georgia.

VN Store

Back