Our WRs

led0321

Seem to be coming along and developing into what we need.

Malone is a legit threat that has to be accounted for on every play now.

Jennings is going to catch anything thrown his way.

Bird...my goodness how good that kid can be.

Williams and Smith may not get another start from those three. Competition is beautiful and hopefully those 5 continue to get better and better.

Reactions: 6 people
Smith had a couple nice grabs and got some flow going against Fla. Williams will hit his stride as well. I think all 5 are very talented and can be great.

I am kind of shocked at Williams. I really thought he was going to be a huge threat. He is young and still has time to develop but his ineffectiveness up to this point is kind of puzzling.

I think Williams will come along. He is still trying to figure out what it takes to play at this level IMO. It took Malone a few years.

Jennings is just a dog. He is mean enough to do UFC. He will only get better IMO.

Seem to be coming along and developing into what we need.

Malone is a legit threat that has to be accounted for on every play now.

Jennings is going to catch anything thrown his way.

Bird...my goodness how good that kid can be.

Williams and Smith may not get another start from those three. Competition is beautiful and hopefully those 5 continue to get better and better.

Fire coach Z!!! :p:p:thud::p:p

Reactions: 1 person
with all the WRs on the roster, some should be able to play. I hope they can bulk up and play OL ... or maybe there should be some OL recruited!

At a position like WR where sharp cuts and turns need to be made his knee surgery he had comes in to play. I still don't think he is 100% himself. The thing about Preston Williams is he's big and can go get the ball, but he needs a little more mass and to get a little stronger. Guy will be our go to when Malone leaves, whether that is this year or after his senior season.

I think Williams will come along. He is still trying to figure out what it takes to play at this level IMO. It took Malone a few years.

Jennings is just a dog. He is mean enough to do UFC. He will only get better IMO.

Byrd seems to have figured it out: to catch the ball, turn up-field and hit anyone who's in close-proximity trying to hit you off your feet, and hold on to the ball but give it to the ref after the play and return to the huddle/los.

I am kind of shocked at Williams. I really thought he was going to be a huge threat. He is young and still has time to develop but his ineffectiveness up to this point is kind of puzzling.

Not that shocking consideriing Malone has just now really started to "get it". Takes time for most. Thats why a team full of juniors and sr's is a good thing. Too many people want to look at talent and not the whole picture. PW will be fine if his attitude stays positive.

Jennings is the freaking man. Love his aggressiveness.

Malone needs 123 yards to surpass what our leading receiver had last year over 13 games. That's pretty amazing.

Smith had a couple nice grabs and got some flow going against Fla. Williams will hit his stride as well. I think all 5 are very talented and can be great.

Smith? No he didn't. He didn't have a catch Saturday and has only 2 catches for 8 yards this year. This is year 4 for Smith, don't think he'll ever be great, just serviceable and able to help in a supporting role.

Malone, Jennings and Byrd should start and get the majority of the snaps IMO, with PWill and Smith rotating in to give those 3 an occasional rest. Would be nice to see maybe one more freshman, say Callaway or Johnson, develop a bit more and get a few reps here and there as well. But, IMHO, I'm riding with Malone, Jennings and Byrd going forward.

Last edited:
Was really worried after those drops in the first half, to be honest.

But man, when Jennings made Tabor fall (because that's what he did, and to hell with anyone who says "Tabor just slipped") and then Malone caught that slant over the middle I lost my mind.

Kelly and Ole Miss exploded all over Georgia's face with passing while lacking a solid running back to keep the pup's D honest. In fact, Kelly was Ole Miss's leading rusher.

We have three running threats, and both our RBs double as outstanding receivers when we need them to. The success of those guys is going to allow us to open up the book with some play action or more deep plays against UGA, and I see us scoring big and often now that our WRs have come alive.

Reactions: 2 people
Malone reminds me of Robert Meachem in his style and progress. Meachem exploded on the scene near the back end of his career and became our best playmaker.

Smith did not have a catch and has really not shown up yet this season, makes you wonder where the kid everyone was talking about in practice is, and when he will show up on the field... he's had a lot of dropped balls in previous weeks. 5* Williams seems to be a bit of a head case... on another thread apparently there is a pic of him and Richmond pouting and not taking part in the post game celebration.. "The Resort" needs to grow up and work on his game and the reps and catches will come, pretty simple.

We should take more shots downfield! WR's have proven they can go up and get the ball!

All we need is to force D's to respect the pass a little and read option can go BERSERK!! :rock::rock:

Malone reminds me of Robert Meachem in his style and progress. Meachem exploded on the scene near the back end of his career and became our best playmaker.

Saw glimpses of Malone progressing last year. He was the leading WR in a plurality or even majority of our games last year. I think our horrific passing offense last year aided in stunting his development. It's great to see us finally taking shots now and letting the kid play. I think he's a special talent who could be among our best WRs in program history, especially if he's here all 4 years.

Last edited:
Not that shocking consideriing Malone has just now really started to "get it". Takes time for most. Thats why a team full of juniors and sr's is a good thing. Too many people want to look at talent and not the whole picture. PW will be fine if his attitude stays positive.

I guess I just see Byrd figuring it out quickly and had the same hopes for PW. But I do have to remember that PW had a pretty bad injury.

We should take more shots downfield! WR's have proven they can go up and get the ball!

All we need is to force D's to respect the pass a little and read option can go BERSERK!! :rock::rock:

I really think teams have to respect the passing game now after seeing the UF game. I am not saying we have a truly dangerous passing attack, but teams have to look at what UT did against one of the best secondaries in the country and at least consider it. When the OL plays up to its potential and gives Dobbs some time and the WRs dry the butter from their hands, it shows 2 things. One, Dobbs can make the throws needed to be successful and two, this offense can be deadly.

Jennings and Malone have NFL potential.

Williams is a mystery through 4 games this season.

Tyler Byrd looks like a great prospect, and he has plenty of potential.

If UT keeps throwing the ball as much as they did Saturday, they may get back to being WRU again!!!

Smith? No he didn't. He didn't have a catch Saturday and has only 2 catches for 8 yards this year. This is year 4 for Smith, don't think he'll ever be great, just serviceable and able to help in a supporting role.

Malone, Jennings and Byrd should start and get the majority of the snaps IMO, with PWill and Smith rotating in to give those 3 an occasional rest. Would be nice to see maybe one more freshman, say Callaway or Johnson, develop a bit more and get a few reps here and there as well. But, IMHO, I'm riding with Malone, Jennings and Byrd going forward.

Smith had one catch for 5 yards. Not saying he had a huge impact, but he did have a catch.

Smith had one catch for 5 yards. Not saying he had a huge impact, but he did have a catch.

I stand corrected on that, but still correct on the general point. 2 catches for 8 yards in 3 games in his 4th year. I like Josh and appreciate him, but I think most everybody can see that Byrd needs more snaps, more targets and a higher spot on the depth chart...he's simply a more dynamic, sudden athlete.

Btw, here's why I didn't think Smith had a catch Saturday, because I sure didn't recall him catching anything in the game....didn't know who "J. Walker S" is

Florida vs. Tennessee - Team Statistics - September 24, 2016 - ESPN

VN Store

Back