Dormady Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

KB5252

Repeat Forward Progress Victim
Seeing some chatter on social media about Dormady looking to leave.... Social media so tifwiw. Any insiders have info?

Sorry I looked around but saw no other thread. My apologies if this has already been posted/discussed.

Relax folks...he's a smart kid...he will work through spring ball. If after spring ball he thinks he's not going to see the field then he might...but that's the nature of college football these days...we got Kamara because he was the 4th back in his class. Granted, that was in part to some injuries he had during his initial fall campaign, but he found himself pretty far down the depth chart and transferred out...

With Jones and Guarantano also competing for the job, I think we will have good talent playing QB next year regardless if one transfers out...of course I would rather all three stay

Reactions: 6 people
Not according to Swain and TS. But they haven't said he's transferring immediately either

Swain may be a former player, and a VFL. But he is now part of the local media. It may buy him some levity other media types will never enjoy, but if this is just a crap rumor, this isn't the time to rile up the staff.

Reactions: 2 people
Dormady got some playing time against O Bama and he even was allowed to throw the ball. My opinion is that the job is his to lose during spring practice and during fall practice.
He has the weapons at receiver to succeed but needs more time from the O-line.
I would rather have a pro style passer any day of the week IF that pro style passer can really throw the ball.....and not be an incompletion or interception king.
A pro style passer can give you 20 or 30 yards per play but a running q.b. usually throws above average and is not that accurate. A running q.b. will run for the first down and in doing so will risk injury and keeps the clock running rather than throwing the ball and getting more yardage and stopping the clock and avoiding unnecessary hits.

Dormady got some playing time against O Bama and he even was allowed to throw the ball. My opinion is that the job is his to lose during spring practice and during fall practice.
He has the weapons at receiver to succeed but needs more time from the O-line.
I would rather have a pro style passer any day of the week IF that pro style passer can really throw the ball.....and not be an incompletion or interception king.
A pro style passer can give you 20 or 30 yards per play but a running q.b. usually throws above average and is not that accurate. A running q.b. will run for the first down and in doing so will risk injury and keeps the clock running rather than throwing the ball and getting more yardage and stopping the clock and avoiding unnecessary hits.

Dormady can run

Reactions: 1 person
Dormady better bring his A game in spring. From what ive read, the coaches are selling recruits JG's practice tape and not Dormady's.

Dormady better bring his A game in spring. From what ive read, the coaches are selling recruits JG's practice tape and not Dormady's.

I don't have anything to back up my theory but here it is :
It was never in jones's mind that QD would be the next starting QB.
Why do I think this? He wouldn't be going in the game at garbage time the last 2 years he would redshirt , like 2 years ago peterman would get the garbage time and the future (Dobbs ) would have not played if not for Worley getting hurt!

Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back