1599951.jpg

Thayer Munford

4* player, 6'5.5" 339lbs., OT, .8983 composite score, high school senior,
Washington High School, Massillon, OH,
40-yd dash- 5.40
Bench Press- 310
Vertical 25"
Class of 2017

#30th OT & #278th ranked recruit overall by 247 Sports. ESPN has him ranked as the #39th OT overall in the 2017 class & in their top 300.

247 Sports

Hudl

Scout

Max Preps

ESPN

UT offered on 7-1-16 & is in this recruits final top 6 lists. The top 6 schools are Bama, Iowa State, Kentucky, Louisville, Pittsburgh, & UT.

Great replacement guy if we can't get Trey Smith or T.J. Moore of some of the other OL recruits that we are going after. Plus, he's a 4* recruit as well.

Last edited:
I wouldn't be surprised if CBJ took 4 OL in the 2017 class. 3 is the mostly likely number, but the OL needs an injection of talent. The 3 OTs from 2016 will help, but more is needed.

This kid, Trey Smith, TJ Moore and Locklear would make me a happy man.

I agree but other OL I would also like to get would be Ealy, Banks, Wills, & Slaton. We certainly have several to choose from indeed. All of these mentioned including yours are either 4* or 5* too. :good!:

Reactions: 1 person
"Don Mahoney was in Tennessee throughout the week and is scheduled to see Ohio offensive lineman Thayer Munford later this week. Munford could be someone we see on campus in January as an official visitor."

-VQ

And isn't it equally likely that he's a backup plan for Trey Smith or a guy they really want regardless of Smith's decision?

We all want Smith but he wanted to see improvement which we didn't improve, we may still get him but Munford would be an acceptable replacement .

Love how some people have to spew negative in every thread.

We get a commit.... Not good enough.
We drop a commit... even the 3*s don't want to play here.
We have an in home with a instate 5*.... Butch's wall has a lot of holes in it.
We get new information about and out of state kid... why would he want to come here.

Oh my gosh it is exhausting. It's like listening to a bunch of pubescent teenage girls whom nothing is good enough for but at the same time they don't feel that they are good enough for what they truly want!

Reactions: 15 people

We get new information about and out of state kid... why would he want to come here.

Oh my gosh it is exhausting. It's like listening to a bunch of pubescent teenage girls whom nothing is good enough for but at the same time they don't feel that they are good enough for what they truly want!

I like this poster and shall root for him - Lucious Aurelius

I'm assuming this is directed at my post in this thread. I get what you're saying, and I agree there is a lot of unwarranted negativity spewed. But IF we miss on Trey, there's really no way to spin it. I don't care which guy we get to fill his spot.

Strangely enough I like UK's chances. He's visiting and Marrow has done wonders with OH recruits.

I'm assuming this is directed at my post in this thread. I get what you're saying, and I agree there is a lot of unwarranted negativity spewed. But IF we miss on Trey, there's really no way to spin it. I don't care which guy we get to fill his spot.

Yes and no. There are some posters that make it a point to go from thread to thread and be negative. It would stink if we don't get Trey on board but we will still play football next fall and hopefully all of the issues from this year will be resolved and we can get back to being a disciplined football team.

As far as Thayer goes, OL usually need a redshirt year any way. Chance Hall was a 3* and he is arguably one of our better OL now. I just think we, especially lately, are too quick to jump on the negative before we take a chance to see what positive might be there to enjoy. That's all I am trying to get at.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back