Our opponents have won 85% of their games

Sarms58

Watching VT win tonight I went back and looked at records. If you take us out of the equation, our opponents are 39-6...

Glad to be 5-2 but we need to go 5-0 against the remainder of the schedule.

Reactions: 5 people
Virginia Tech is now 6-2 and in complete control of the coastal division. Ohio and App State both look like they're gonna win as well. That should make Ohio (6-3) and App State (6-2). Georgia (4-3) plays Florida (5-1) so no matter what their combined record will be 10-5 after the game. And with Alabama (8-0) off and Texas A&M (6-1) playing a cupcake their combined record will be 15-1 after this week.

So after this week, our first 7 opponents will have a combined record of: 43-13 (.767 win %)

If you take out games played against us their combined record is: 41-8 (.836 win %).

Our first 7 games were CRAZY.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 people
Every team we have played thus far (with the exception of Georgia) is either in their division lead or just a game behind.

By the end of the season it's possible we could have faced 4 division and/or conference champions (App State, Virginia Tech, Ohio, and Alabama).

Reactions: 4 people
Watching VT win tonight I went back and looked at records. If you take us out of the equation, our opponents are 39-6...

OH, VA Tech, and Appy State all won tonight, and all are bowl eligible.

The Gators would have 2/3 more losses with our schedule. I am certain they will lose again while we win out. I am booking my travel for Atlanta.

Every team we have played thus far (with the exception of Georgia) is either in their division lead or just a game behind.

By the end of the season it's possible we could have faced 4 division and/or conference champions (App State, Virginia Tech, Ohio, and Alabama).

5 is possible

Ohio and Appy St's records are meaningless. They are vastly less talented than us and yet we struggled to put both teams away at home.

Reactions: 1 person
As Kyler Kerbyson guaranteed last mid-season, don't think we lose another game all year.

As Kyler Kerbyson guaranteed last mid-season, don't think we lose another game all year.

We shouldn't. And even with some poor performances, 10-2 is better than last year. Every year has been better, I just have to keep reminding myself of this when I see Hurd run 3 steps to his left to take a handoff and be stuffed at the line.

Reactions: 4 people
We shouldn't. And even with some poor performances, 10-2 is better than last year. Every year has been better, I just have to keep reminding myself of this when I see Hurd run 3 steps to his left to take a handoff and be stuffed at the line.

Same here.

Just eight weeks into the season, five of the seven teams we've played so far are already bowl eligible; a sixth one (FL) would be if it hadn't been for us whuppin' them.

That's a pretty crazy stat, for sure. In all of the FBS, there are only 23 teams that are bowl-eligible this early, sprinkled among the 10 conferences. We've played 5 of them.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
Just eight weeks into the season, five of the seven teams we've played so far are already bowl eligible; a sixth one (FL) would be if it hadn't been for us whuppin' them.

That's a pretty crazy stat, for sure. In all of the FBS, there are only 23 teams that are bowl-eligible this early, sprinkled among the 10 conferences. We've played 5 of them.

And we survived that gauntlet with an epic amount of injuries.

That should tell you how good this team is.

If we can get to December with a healthy roster, I like our chances to win the SEC and national championship.

I keep telling myself it's part of the chess in football and it's not as bad as it looks, it serves a purpose. The throws for 5 yards when it's 3rd and 12 is worse than the Hurd runs.

Time to blast some lesser teams and stroll on into Atlanta 10-2(with help on florida).

I keep telling myself it's part of the chess in football and it's not as bad as it looks, it serves a purpose. The throws for 5 yards when it's 3rd and 12 is worse than the Hurd runs.

Time to blast some lesser teams and stroll on into Atlanta 10-2(with help on florida).

I honestly think UF loses to both UGA and LSU. Don't think this is going to be a problem for us, could be wrong though.

I was looking at this a few days ago after hearing from a delusional wvu fan about how great they are. For example, their opp record is 22-21, baylors is 10-32!! Didn't look at any others, but it's says a lot! About the rankings...

Reactions: 1 person

Could also be a big part of the reason 90% of our starters are in Intensive Care!! :blink:

Hint: I know its not really 90%, Turn sarcasm detector ON.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back