"SC Wins Tomorrow" - Tony Morrell

zidanefan

Senior Junior Member
I know, I know... Who's Tony Morrell? SC's 247 writer.

Anyway, what are your thoughts on his thoughts, VN? I have two:

1) Muschamp has owned Butch. Some will say Florida has owned him... fair enough, but even Muschamp's crappy FL teams beat us.

2) This is all about recovery from AL, and focus on execution, in my opinion. We have several "easy to overlook" teams coming up, starting with SC, coached by a guy who just might be in Butch's head. Do we have the talent to embarrass them? Yes. This is a bigger game than it seems, IMO.

Five Keys to Victory - Tennessee

Reactions: 1 person

1) Muschamp has owned Butch. Some will say Florida has owned him... fair enough, but even Muschamp's crappy FL teams beat us.

2) This is all about recovery from AL, and focus on execution, in my opinion. We have several "easy to overlook" teams coming up, starting with SC, coached by a guy who just might be in Butch's head. Do we have the talent to embarrass them? Yes. This is a bigger game than it seems, IMO.

Do the Vols have talent to embarrass SC, probably not, but should have enough talent to win a very close game.
Being an SEC road game, the Vols had better come to play or they will get beat by a more determined SC squad......how much do the Vols want this game?

Reactions: 1 person
Do the Vols have talent to embarrass SC, probably not, but should have enough talent to win a very close game.
Being an SEC road game, the Vols had better come to play or they will get beat by a more determined SC squad......how much do the Vols want this game?

Whole lot of cliches in that post

Reactions: 20 people
I think the team SC meets will be different than the team Ala met. With so many returning starters playing in a hostile environment, I think you'll see a determination not seen since the 2nd halves of UF and UGA.

A few different offensive sets wouldn't hurt either - nor some blitz packages not seen much (or at all) this year.

Reactions: 6 people
We could play with same guys that played against Alabama, next day after the Alabama game and also rest Dobbs ..still i would have hard time believing SC beats us !!

Reactions: 9 people

Disagree with your #1 point.
Much more about what each coach inherited IMO.
FL got worse each year while TN got better.
TN dominated that last game in Knoxville - really bad O-line and Worley at QB is what cost the game.
Muschamp is headed for multiple years of getting embarrassed and losing it on the sidelines.

Reactions: 5 people
SC blows..if they even make it a close game there are a lot of problems with the coaching staff at UT.

Reactions: 5 people
This is a must win for the Vols or the season begins to look like a bust. SC will be ready for our Vols and I hope we are ready for them!!!

I think the team SC meets will be different than the team Ala met. With so many returning starters playing in a hostile environment, I think you'll see a determination not seen since the 2nd halves of UF and UGA.

A few different offensive sets wouldn't hurt either - nor some blitz packages not seen much (or at all) this year.

And quit running Hurd up the middle on every 1st down.

Reactions: 2 people
The cocks are going to take us to the wire with a kid QB and it's going to suck monkey balls. We simply don't have the kind of mature depth we need to have the season we want. Mods feel free to revive my SC preseason thread.

The cocks are going to take us to the wire with a kid QB and it's going to suck monkey balls. We simply don't have the kind of mature depth we need to have the season we want. Mods feel free to revive my SC preseason thread.

So you're saying we don't have the depth to compete with South Carolina?

41346231.jpg

Reactions: 6 people
A lot of idiocy in this post along with Tony Morrell. At no point in this thread has logic or realities been applied. The reality is that UT played a very tough, physical four game stretch that UT hasn't played in several years without an off date. The other reality is we were missing a lot of really good players but for some odd reason many on this board seem to think that we should have been able to overcome those injuries against a team that UT couldn't beat even if everyone were healthy much less several key injuries. Another reality is that SC has beaten absolutely no one of consequence and hasn't scored more than two touchdowns against a single SEC opponent including such defensive powerhouses as Kentucky, Mississippi State, Georgia, and Texas A % M. The other reality is that SC only beat 1-7 UMass because they turned the ball over 4 times something SC fans conveniently forget. Has UT played some close games? Yep, but they have also proven that they can score against just about any team not named Alabama including over 700 yards against A & M, and nearly 40 points against UF. As far as the whole "Muschamp is in Butch's head" nonsense, those UF teams were loaded with talent on defense despite the excuses made by SC fans. Should UT have won last year? Yep but not the previous two meetings, many UT coaches wet the bed against UF including CPF and Majors. It had more to do with the name on their jersey than the moron coaching them. To say that UT had any where near the talent UF had in 13' or 14' and CBJ just got out-coached is laughable. UT is superior to SC at nearly every measurable category including coaching and winning at SC isn't the obstacle that most home stadiums present including a much more talented Spurrier coached team in 14'. Even the moron CDD had every chance to win there with a terrible 12' team. I guess if they want to hang their hats on beating a waining 08' CPF team and a couple of moron led Dooley teams then more power to them but when UT has had the superior team UT has won. This year will be no different. Those SC teams that beat terrible UT teams were much more talented and better coached than the current SC team ever dreamed it is. The 2010 and 2012 SC teams won 9 and 11 games respectively.

Reactions: 11 people

VN Store

Back