The UT admin needs to understand

CountVolcula

Eternal Vol
that UT fans are tired of losing to Alabama every year

I know some of you youngsters think that Florida is our biggest rival, but it will always be Alabama to a majority of us

Im sick and tired of hearing Bama fans rattle off and having to smell cigarettes and cheap liquor on their breath

I'm sick and tired of hearing Roll Tide and seeing every other redbeck in Tn wearing an Alabama shirt and a frickin gray penis on their head

I'm tired of hearing about how they will never lose again

I'm tired of having to explain to 70% of their fans that before Saban, we owned their ass for 11 years in a row( I stand corrected. I had forgot 2002 and 2005 were Bama wins)

I'm tired of their smug ass attitudes

Most of all, I'm tired of a UT AD that doesnt recognize how important beating Alabama is to this school and going out and doing everything necessary to see it comes to an end

Go Vols

Last edited:
Reactions: 53 people
I'd like to see them one time surprise us and do something that shows they're committed to being a contender in the conference instead of a pretender. I doubt it though. Just hasn't been anyone up there worth a shat since Dickey left. But lets bring up the fact he left UT back in the 60's to coach UF by all means. I knew we were ****** when Fulmer bucked so hard to get yes man Hamilton in there.

As far as Bama goes no one is in their league right now. I'd settle for winning the crappy east. We can't even do that.

Reactions: 7 people
I understand your anger, but dang man they have a NFL minicamp over there in Tuscaloosa. I hate Alabama as much as anybody, and I am also tired of Tennessee not getting its share of respect and success, but what do you do? Alabama has built a dynasty. Six years in a row with the #1 recruiting class and it seems like no matter who gets injured or is drafted they always have another stellar playmaker to step up. They aren't just beating up on Tennessee, they are beating up on the country. I feel like the only thing we can do is sit and wait until it ends. I hate them, but I respect Nick Saban.

Anyways I assume you're alluding to the fact that we need to open the bank and go pay whatever it takes to get a proven winner and staff. I agree. We need somebody who can give us a Xs and Os advantage until our depth and talent level can catch up. Then create our own dynasty and go on a run of our own.

Reactions: 8 people
I see more red loafing around than orange, and I live one exit up from bucksnort, it's like a disease spreading, if bucksnort goes down the entire state of Tennessee is doomed... :crazy:

Reactions: 7 people
It also doesn't help that we have a whole section of our fan base that doesn't believe we deserve better, can't do better or will ever do better.

Butch Jones actively pursued the Purdue job. That in itself should be a fireable offense.

It's time for Tennessee to upgrade in a big way. The entire SEC is down except for one team. Now is the time.

Reactions: 12 people
Give yourself a chance, either hire a coach with NFL experience or hire a coach that will hire coordinators with NFL experience. For the love of god, it's not that difficult.

Reactions: 6 people
It also doesn't help that we have a whole section of our fan base that doesn't believe we deserve better, can't do better or will ever do better.

Butch Jones actively pursued the Purdue job. That in itself should be a fireable offense.

It's time for Tennessee to upgrade in a big way. The entire SEC is down except for one team. Now is the time.
Did he really actively pursue the Purdue job? Do you know this as fact? If so the people on this board defending this guy should be flogged.

Reactions: 3 people
I wish the old school folk would understand the younger folk could care less about playing Alabama every year. Cancel the series and play a rotating opponent. Giving ourselves an automatic SEC loss every year kills our SEC title hopes.

Reactions: 2 people
I wish the old school folk would understand the younger folk could care less about playing Alabama every year. Cancel the series and play a rotating opponent. Giving ourselves an automatic SEC loss every year kills our SEC title hopes.

Blasphemy

Then you would hear nothing but "UT was scared". Screw that

We dont back down to nobody

Reactions: 8 people
that UT fans are tired of losing to Alabama every year

I know some of you youngsters think that Florida is our biggest rival, but it will always be Alabama to a majority of us

Im sick and tired of hearing Bama fans rattle off and having to smell cigarettes and cheap liquor on their breath

I'm sick and tired of hearing Roll Tide and seeing every other redbeck in Tn wearing an Alabama shirt and a frickin gray penis on their head

I'm tired of hearing about how they will never lose again

I'm tired of having to explain to 70% of their fans that before Saban, we owned their ass for 11 years in a row

I'm tired of their smug ass attitudes

Most of all, I'm tired of a UT AD that doesnt recognize how important beating Alabama is to this school and going out and doing everything necessary to see it comes to an end

Go Vols
All it takes to fix the problem is convincing some big money boosters to fork over enough of their money to pay a coach and staff about 10-12 million per year. I hate losing too but it all comes down to getting other people to spend large amounts of their money. Unless, of course, we get lucky and find the next unknown phenom for a cheap price.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back