Last post til preseason: 5 Reasons its great to be a Vol.

HeyHeyUT

Got to write my thoughts here for volnation to feast on, and then abstain for a while! Spend to much emotion getting worked up at Negavol morons to let it be a year around thing... again :ermm:

End of the day, UT would have been 10-2 with an average number of injuries on the season. We weren't as good as we were hoping, but also absolutely would have beat SC and Vandy (and maybe aTm) with JRM, Sutton, and Kirkland and the likes. Sucks. But season is over now and it's time to win the bowl and look forward to 2017.

So here are 5 things I couldn't have written for the last decade:

1. We are b****ing about being 8-4 and beating UF, UGA, and VT. The last time our coach was on the hot seat we were 5-7. I ain't happy. But I feel more like a UGA fan pissed about Richt not winning the east than a UT fan who can't even go bowling.

2. We are talented and experienced. Assuming injuries don't derail the team... the talent is there to win the east. *Highest ranking of players in each position

JR Experience led, talented DL.
DL 5*
DL 5*
DL 5*
DL 5*

Kirkland should be back to form.
LB 4+* (Did Kirkland get rated 5* by a service?)
LB 4*

Look back for the d*mn football
DB 4*
DB 4*
DB 4*
DB 3 or 4* (depends if Buchanan starts)
DB 2-3* Mosely

Jared Football?
QB 4* (#1 Dual)

A running back who runs as angry as Montario Hardesty
RB 3* (who averaged 6.7 y/c. And a 4+* coming in who fits the system).

Just nasty talent and experience
WR 5*
WR 4*
WR 4*

For some reason no one talks about how rediculous these guys were for the second half of the year. #2 OL in SEC next year.

OL 5*
OL 4*
OL 4*
OL 4*
OL 4*

3. Bob Shoop. Don't care what people say about this year... This guy has and can put together top 15 Defenses with far less talent and next year will show it. Judging him on this year is a fools mistake. I expect there will be a couple staff changes as well I imagine (a db coach who teaches our guys to look for ball when they are stride for stride!!?!)

4. A ****ing chip on the shoulder. Butch's team plays best as underdogs. This year's team didn't resemble anything of the ready-to-play, no mistakes football team that he was known for his first 3 seasons at UT and at Natty. This team is going to be put at 3rd in the east in preseason and everyone is going to be blasting them all offseason... and I love it. News to the world- the only spot that UT will see a dropoff is DE and QB (and not by much).

5. Winning Culture. Jones is committed to the culture he is setting. This year tested it... But if we didn't have injuries we would be sitting at 10-2 and talking about the empire he is building. The players who lived through it will be better for it. So negavols be d*mned.

Bonus: Everyone who talks about Butch being a coach who can't win literally doesn't know sh*t. Unless VFL34 comes on here and says that, or another former player for UT then tune it out...

Last edited:
Reactions: 17 people
Butch lost to vandy. He cant win. And, the 12th grader qb USCe that beat us. And James Franklin is a better coach.

Reactions: 2 people
I agree whole heartily ... it's hard to win with major injuries along with starters slacking and skipping town. My opinion is just overlook the keyboard cowboys and let everything play out.

Butch has lost to Vandy...TWICE in 4 years.

VFL34 posted that "many coaching changes are needed"...and didn't leave a real glowing, supportive post for Butch (but certainly didn't say he should go, either)

Next year will most CERTAINLY be the "Make/Break Year" for Butch.

Your 189th post and you're gone till next year?
tumblr_mxx24a7wMc1qa3pfso1_400.gif

Butch lost to vandy. He cant win. And, the 12th grader qb USCe that beat us. And James Franklin is a better coach.

What our players are going to have to learn is that the bottom dwellers of the east are gunning for us every year now. Lack of motivation lost us two very winnable games. Butch is talking about looking at every game as the toughest. The problem is that he is right and our players don't seem to be responding. We may have to suffer losses like this every year unless our players develop leadership/swagger/confidence/motivation

quoting from a passage of work by an esteemed American female philosopher..."what have you done for me lately"...JJ...:)

GO VOLS...BEAT HUSKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Got to write my thoughts here for volnation to feast on, and then abstain for a while! Spend to much emotion getting worked up at Negavol morons to let it be a year around thing... again :ermm:

End of the day, UT would have been 10-2 with an average number of injuries on the season. We weren't as good as we were hoping, but also absolutely would have beat SC and Vandy (and maybe aTm) with JRM, Sutton, and Kirkland and the likes. Sucks. But season is over now and it's time to win the bowl and look forward to 2017.

So here are 5 things I couldn't have written for the last decade:

1. We are b****ing about being 8-4 and beating UF, UGA, and VT. The last time our coach was on the hot seat we were 5-7. I ain't happy. But I feel more like a UGA fan pissed about Richt not winning the east than a UT fan who can't even go bowling.

2. We are talented and experienced. Assuming injuries don't derail the team... the talent is there to win the east. *Highest ranking of players in each position

JR Experience led, talented DL.
DL 5*
DL 5*
DL 5*
DL 5*

Kirkland should be back to form.
LB 4+* (Did Kirkland get rated 5* by a service?)
LB 4*

Look back for the d*mn football
DB 4*
DB 4*
DB 4*
DB 3 or 4* (depends if Buchanan starts)
DB 2-3* Mosely

Jared Football?
QB 4* (#1 Dual)

A running back who runs as angry as Montario Hardesty
RB 3* (who averaged 6.7 y/c. And a 4+* coming in who fits the system).

Just nasty talent and experience
WR 5*
WR 4*
WR 4*

For some reason no one talks about how rediculous these guys were for the second half of the year. #2 OL in SEC next year.

OL 5*
OL 4*
OL 4*
OL 4*
OL 4*

3. Bob Shoop. Don't care what people say about this year... This guy has and can put together top 15 Defenses with far less talent and next year will show it. Judging him on this year is a fools mistake. I expect there will be a couple staff changes as well I imagine (a db coach who teaches our guys to look for ball when they are stride for stride!!?!)

4. A ****ing chip on the shoulder. Butch's team plays best as underdogs. This year's team didn't resemble anything of the ready-to-play, no mistakes football team that he was known for his first 3 seasons at UT and at Natty. This team is going to be put at 3rd in the east in preseason and everyone is going to be blasting them all offseason... and I love it. News to the world- the only spot that UT will see a dropoff is DE and QB (and not by much).

5. Winning Culture. Jones is committed to the culture he is setting. This year tested it... But if we didn't have injuries we would be sitting at 10-2 and talking about the empire he is building. The players who lived through it will be better for it. So negavols be d*mned.

Bonus: Everyone who talks about Butch being a coach who can't win literally doesn't know sh*t. Unless VFL34 comes on here and says that, or another former player for UT then tune it out...

Excellent post and I agree 100%! See you next season.

:loco:

Tennesseeduke

That "December rain shower" some of you are dancing in is actually USCe and Vandy tinkling on your heads. Bama doesn't even bother anymore. We're an automatic win for them.

But given the absolutely glowing projections for 2017 that the OP blessed us with, even the pumpers will be hard pressed to defend another season like this one, so...

We'll see.

Go Vols.

That was an awesome narrative. Too bad it wasn't exactly accurate. He would have been a freshman in college if he wasn't held back.

That was an awesome narrative. Too bad it wasn't exactly accurate. He would have been a freshman in college if he wasn't held back.

Yeah, freshman QB still using his first razor, starting his first game, against the #18 team in the nation. Goes 15 of 20 for 167 and 2 touchdowns. Sounds like the makings of a Disney football movie.

Awesome narrative. And it's true.

Go Vols.

Worst coached team in the east. They started the year uninspired and finished with less emotion and spark. Even healthy at the first of the year they didn't play worth crap. Scraped wins out over first two opponents and then lost to two lesser opponents at the end of the year. There's nothing negative about the truth. Butch failed this year when his team had the most talent. Injuries ? Check Florida's injury report and yet they beat Vandy and SC. Back to back SEC east championships. Butch failed, that is not negative it is a fact.

Reactions: 3 people
Yeah, freshman QB still using his first razor, starting his first game, against the #18 team in the nation. Goes 15 of 20 for 167 and 2 touchdowns. Sounds like the makings of a Disney football movie.

Awesome narrative. And it's true.

Go Vols.
Merry Christmas Grey.

That "December rain shower" some of you are dancing in is actually USCe and Vandy tinkling on your heads. Bama doesn't even bother anymore. We're an automatic win for them.

But given the absolutely glowing projections for 2017 that the OP blessed us with, even the pumpers will be hard pressed to defend another season like this one, so...

We'll see.

Go Vols.

We had them on the ropes at their place last year. If I recall, we were up in the 4th with under 5 mins left to play. I expect a similar fight in Tuscaloosa next year by team 121.

Reactions: 4 people
We had them on the ropes at their place last year. If I recall, we were up in the 4th with under 5 mins left to play. I expect a similar fight in Tuscaloosa next year by team 121.

Score doesn't count until the clock runs out. Ask UGA about that one.

Next?

Go Vols.

Jared Football?
QB 4* (#1 Dual)

[

I'm just trying to figure out who Jared is?

I hear all of this and I agree for the most part. But it does seem like another "...wait until next year..."

I was watching the MAC championship game and was shocked to learn that Ohio had the 5th best run-defense in the country. Yes, 5th. Also, VT played for their conference championship - so they were/are much better than expected.

So dumping on our OL for not blocking to expectations is somewhat diminished when you consider their level of talent. They were not "cupcakes". If our team could have played the rest of the season (without injuries) like they played in the 2nd half against VT, we'd be easily setting at 10-2 heading to Atlanta to face the evil, ignorant empire.

Worst coached team in the east. They started the year uninspired and finished with less emotion and spark. Even healthy at the first of the year they didn't play worth crap. Scraped wins out over first two opponents and then lost to two lesser opponents at the end of the year. There's nothing negative about the truth. Butch failed this year when his team had the most talent. Injuries ? Check Florida's injury report and yet they beat Vandy and SC. Back to back SEC east championships. Butch failed, that is not negative it is a fact.

I'm disappointed for sure and think some things need to change, but I'm not upset we weren't on the bad end of that ass kicking last night. Our D Line is completely destroyed, we've got nothing right now. We'll have to score at least 45 to beat Nebraska.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back