Orange and White game

TNJOKER

I know this is not for another 4-5 month's.. but.. hopefully we will see some improvement in terms of defense. Defense was basically Swiss cheese. Offense could use some improvement too.

However, a scrimmage does no justice compared to a real game.Soo... here comes season 2017-2018 September 2017..

Gonna be a looooong 9 months..

I know this is not for another 4-5 month's.. but.. hopefully we will see some improvement in terms of defense. Defense was basically Swiss cheese. Offense could use some improvement too.

However, a scrimmage does no justice compared to a real game.Soo... here comes season 2017-2018 September 2017..

What, from last spring, indicated the defense would be this bad?

Reactions: 1 person

Seriously, could a thread about an intrasquad scrimmage that is 5 months away not have waited until at least after the bowl game?

Hell, might as well go ahead and start the UT -vs- GT Official Game Thread. No reason to wait until the last minute.

Good Lord.

Go Vols.

Reactions: 3 people
So there isn't much info on UTsports.com for the 2017 spring game, the wife and I are looking to take the boys to Knoxville for the first time, we have connections with Hampton/ Hilton hotels and trying to get a head start.

Any links or info?

Would you say the defense was always swiss cheese.... or became more swiss cheese like when injuries started piling up and the team spent practices teaching 3rd stringers basic plays versus evolving the defense to add new, unscouted plays for the next opponent?

I'm just looking at the bowl game... and I feel just fine about what Bob Shoop can do with a consistent group of defenders.

I do hope that they will reevaluate how they plan for mitigating injury situations in the future through practice reps. That was my only complaint this year, but you can't alter that in the middle of battle...

Reactions: 3 people
So what's the autograph session like?
Do you need any special ticket or pass?
I know it's before the game, will there be a time limit?

I'm not big on autographs but I would like my 3 yo son to meet a player and get a picture and autograph. He's got this little UT football I'd love to get signed for him so he has something cool from UT growing up like I did when I met Fulmer at the state swim meet in Nashville.

What would be the ideal time to get there?

Will be interesting to see who dresses 4/22/17??

Kahlil, Tuttle, Phillips, Berry, Kirkland, Hall Etc.???

Vol Family,

As a life long avid vol fan, I plan to take my wife and kids to the O&W game. I have never been to one but have 3 boys under 6 that I think would love it. Can you guys give me some ideas of what to watch out for and what are some of the best things to do that day.

Thank you

Vol Family,

As a life long avid vol fan, I plan to take my wife and kids to the O&W game. I have never been to one but have 3 boys under 6 that I think would love it. Can you guys give me some ideas of what to watch out for and what are some of the best things to do that day.

Thank you

Go at least two hours early. Take kids to Vol Village.
Get autographs from players and pix with Smokey before the game.
Kids will b bored. Leave at halftime.

Vol Family,

Thank you

Take a football and throw it around with them on Shields-Watkins Field.

Vol Family,

Thank you
Take em to Dollywood. You'll have a better time.

Unless the O&W game format changes I don't think I'll ever attend another one. It's just....different, to put it diplomatically. Not worth the 8 hours of overall drive time IMO

We are going to come down for 3 or 4 days, maybe go to pigeon forge or gatlinburg while we are there. Are there any can't miss activities for the kids that day?

VN Store

Back