Now that UCLA guy is saying...

Dougie_D

that Butch Jones was indeed talking to Cal Bears people but was actually looking into Jake Spavital as a candidate for the OC position. He's saying that the AD is most likely going to bring in his own HC and there is a possibility that Jake will be told to look elsewhere.

I'm not here to stir stuff up. Just saying what my friends current boyfriend is saying to me.

Last edited:
that Butch Jones was indeed talking to Cal Bears people but was actually looking into Jake Spavital as a candidate for the OC position. He's saying that the AD is most likely going to bring in his own HC and there is a possibility that Jake will be told to look elsewhere.

I'm not here to stir stuff up. Just saying what my friends current boyfriend is saying to me.

So butch is trying to hire people by saying he is going to be fired..... 1+1 is not equaling 2 here

Reactions: 1 person
Listen I have no idea if this has legs or not.. But Jeff Goff was indeed on Cal Bears last season and I would bet that since hiring Rocky and talked to Weintz, there might have been mumblings with Jake too.

My friend is dating a UCLA football trainer. I only talk football with him when he comes around.

I think he's saying that the Cal AD will bring in a coach who will pick his own OC, and that Spavital should therefore start looking. Or something.

Reactions: 6 people
The title and OP makes it sound like this is part of, or in addition to another thread. Is that not the case?

Listen I have no idea if this has legs or not.. But Jeff Goff was indeed on Cal Bears last season and I would bet that since hiring Rocky and talked to Weintz, there might have been mumblings with Jake too.

My friend is dating a UCLA football trainer. I only talk football with him when he comes around.

Could you clarify what your saying a bit?

The title and OP makes it sound like this is part of, or in addition to another thread. Is that not the case?

I had started a thread that Butch Jones was a candidate for the Cal job according to the same UCLA guy I'm referencing. That was probably more BS... because he wasn't sure what or why what was happening. But now he just gave me more info why he heard Butch Jones name came up about a week ago.

Judging by the first post it would APPEAR that someone started a rumor CBJ was seeking employment at Cal but has since been determined he may be actually gauging their OC's interest for a spot at Tennessee.
I have no idea.

Reactions: 2 people
Could you clarify what your saying a bit?

My friend is dating someone on the UCLA trainer team. And he mentioned that he heard this from some of "his guys"...

Listen I have no idea if it's real or not, but the possibility actually seems legit. I barely know him (UCLA guy) so he could just being a jerk about it. I only talk football with him.

59287295.jpg

Reactions: 7 people

uh,say what...........sounds suspect......who's dating who?:twocents:

Wonder what happened between him and Sumlin at A&M after 2015 season. Wiki says Spavital and A&M mutually parted ways January of last year.

Let me break it down

Doug has a female friend from way back. She is currently in a monogamous relationship with a guy who is on the UCLA training staff. Doug, who is probably a cool dude, was talking football with the trainer. The trainer mentioned that Butch was talking with Spavital concerning our OC position. Doug doesnt know if the info is true, but thought everyone on VN might like to know what he had heard. Doug secretly wishes he was dating the girl

The end

Reactions: 32 people
Let me break it down

Doug has a female friend from way back. She is currently in a monogamous relationship with a guy who is on the UCLA training staff. Doug, who is probably a cool dude, was talking football with the trainer. The trainer mentioned that Butch was talking with Spavital concerning our OC position. Doug doesnt know if the info is true, but thought everyone on VN might like to know what he had heard. Doug secretly wishes he was dating the girl

The end

Photo included....seems legit to me.

Attachments

• ucla.jpg
    ucla.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 835
Reactions: 19 people
We absolutely need Spavital as our OC. That would be a home run hire. He was A&M's OC with Manziel and turned Davis Webb into one of the better QBs in this draft class. Not to mention Cal was 10th in total offense, 4th in passing offense (358 YPG), and 22nd in Scoring offense (2 spots ahead of us). Their rushing offense sucked, but I assume they don't have running backs like we do, so that would improve as well.

VN Store

Back