Redemption for Jalen Hurd

bigl3327

The last I heard, he hadn't signed with an agent and hadn't requested a release to go to any particular destination. I know that some will roast me for this but it's cool. A group of friends were discussing where he might possibly go in the upcoming draft (if at all) and this thought came to me. The best possible situation for him at this point is to go to CBJ and the team and apologize, and beg to be given another chance. He needs to explain that he let some people get in his head and that he made a huge mistake. He also needs to let it be known that he will do whatever it takes to earn the trust of his teammates and coaches, as well as show a willingness to do whatever he can for the benefit of the TEAM. If he came back for his senior year and played inspired, unselfish football, splitting carries as John Kelly's back up, he could redeem himself in the eyes of his team, most of Volnation, and NFL GM's. He would also still become UT's career rushing leader. Flame away.

Reactions: 46 people
I agree, that would be the best for him...but not the best for the team. Once you quit on your brothers, there's no going back.

Reactions: 42 people
Yeah. As stated...should be up to his teammates. But I don't think Hurd will do such as a thing anyways though.

The last I heard, he hadn't signed with an agent and hadn't requested a release to go to any particular destination. I know that some will roast me for this but it's cool. A group of friends were discussing where he might possibly go in the upcoming draft (if at all) and this thought came to me. The best possible situation for him at this point is to go to CBJ and the team and apologize, and beg to be given another chance. He needs to explain that he let some people get in his head and that he made a huge mistake. He also needs to let it be known that he will do whatever it takes to earn the trust of his teammates and coaches, as well as show a willingness to do whatever he can for the benefit of the TEAM. If he came back for his senior year and played inspired, unselfish football, splitting carries as John Kelly's back up, he could redeem himself in the eyes of his team, most of Volnation, and NFL GM's. He would also still become UT's career rushing leader. Flame away.

One option is to take a year off, work out, and go to another top school for a year before going pro. I really don't know why he would have liked that option, but good luck to him. I would hate to have to think to myself the rest of my life "dude, you could have been the best running back in history at Tennessee"

Reactions: 3 people
One option is to take a year off, work out, and go to another top school for a year before going pro. I really don't know why he would have liked that option, but good luck to him. I would hate to have to think to myself the rest of my life "dude, you could have been the best running back in history at Tennessee"

He was never going to be the best. Maybe statistically, but not by impact or general ability. But retrospective Hurd talk aside...Hindsight is 20/20. It would take major steps and actions to repair the bonds he has broken. I don't know if Hurd expected a lot of schools to be in contact, or if he was banking on waiting to go pro. Weird spot to be in.

Reactions: 4 people
Hurd most definitely has NFL potential, IMO. His best bet is to try to get a slot at the combine and/or hope that the Vols allow him to participate in our pro day with NFL scouts. He'll get his shot.

I'm all about second chances, but from what I hear, it may be his 3rd or so. I think the issue is trust. He would have to demonstrate maturity, showing that when the team is depending on him, he won't whine and quit on them.

I just think this is a situation that is best to leave be. Let both parties move on.

Reactions: 9 people
man if decisions I made at that age were held against me I would be dead....mercy is the name of this house and we need the WR TE depth

Reactions: 22 people
It would be totally a 100% team decision
You must have trust and loyalty on any
Team.

His not coming back Butch removed that
Brick:thumbsup::no:

I agree, that would be the best for him...but not the best for the team. Once you quit on your brothers, there's no going back.

Yes there is a second chance, if you have true brothers in friends then redemption is always an option, but you gotta do what it takes.

Wouldn't want him back even if he did want to return. Hard to forgive somebody who quit on the team.

Meh, it's hard to forgive somebody that shot your dog or burned your house down, most folks have quit on something or somebody and realized their problems, fixed it and got back to a better point than where they left it. It takes effort and forgiveness on both parts but don't call a decision cancer, we can't stop cancer but we get better at treating it everyday.

Reactions: 2 people
To me, it would be a great thing if he apologized to the players, coaching staff, college and fans for what happened. Even if he didn't want to come back. If he does want to come back though, agreed it should be up to his team mates.

It would be a huge distraction if he came back. I don't think I could stomach watching a game with the sound on. Every announcer every week would talk about it every other offensive snap.

Reactions: 3 people
It would be a huge distraction if he came back. I don't think I could stomach watching a game with the sound on. Every announcer every week would talk about it every other offensive snap.

This exactly, we don't need any more loss of focus about what we doing here ... this would make or break butch for sho ... doubt he will hitch his fate to a temperamental TE tryin to play RB

VN Store

Back