Manning on AD search committee

ChiroVol

Reports have stated that Peyton is on AD search committee. Personally, this make me feel better. I think Peyton has enough business acumen to know we need someone with experience. He also knows we need someone who loves UT. What say ye? This ease anyone's mind?

Last edited:
Reactions: 17 people
Reports have stated that Peyton is on AD search committee. Personally, this make me feel better. I think Peyton had enough business acumen to know we need someone with experience. He also know we need someone who loves UT. What say ye? This ease anyone's mind?

No. The fact we are only building committees is laughable.

Worse - any committee in place since the beginning is more laughable.

In short - this process is a joke.

Reactions: 10 people
Search firm and search committee.

Paralysis by analysis.

This couldn't be more ****ed up if it were in a movie.

Who on the committee tells Manning he's full of **** when he recommends Phillip Fulmer?

Reactions: 5 people
Reminds me of being in the Navy. There's a problem. Seasoned NCO offers to fix problem immediately with minimal cost. Officers set up a committee to decide who's going to be on the committee to find a solution to the problem.

Reactions: 15 people
If this is true, then we probably know the origin of the 'hire Phil' movement. Is PM going to say no to Fulmer? Is anyone going to overrule PM--major UT benefactor/HOF'er/celebrity? Not a chance. Everyone will LOVE PM's choice!

My favorite part of this online community has always been all the people (especially the negative people) who think they know f*** all about any of this.

CPF knows UT, knows football, and knows how to AD. Dude's been around it like a million years.

Get over it. Or better yet go find meaning in your life outside of UT football.

Boom. Roasted.

Reactions: 45 people
My favorite part of this online community has always been all the people (especially the negative people) who think they know f*** all about any of this.

CPF knows UT, knows football, and knows how to AD. Dude's been around it like a million years.

Boom. Roasted.

Oh man you sure burned everyone with that post... Wow....

Reactions: 9 people

Boom. Roasted.

That's one of the problems of the off-season. The pumpers lean a little more negative and negas are a bit more positive. It can get confusing to the casual poster.

Reactions: 3 people
Y'all just need to get off of your high horses and chill out. Please don't let people on this board influence your opinions about this University. Some act like they know everything (know it alls) and sell it as fact, but truth is they know nothing more than you and I.

Reactions: 10 people
Not sure why Manning is such a great choice here but people will say the Fulmer is a bad choice. If one has no experience, neither does the other.

Reactions: 2 people
Search committee could end up being too political which may or may not end up with the best hire. No offense to anyone on the search committee - but to be effective and do the best for UT, they must all be able to leave personal feelings at the door.

Sometimes an independent group is able to put aside the personal aspect of those they are evaluating to make a better decision.

I think all on the committee probably has UT's best interest at heart - but I suspect they will find it difficult if they have to evaluate long time friends objectively.

Reactions: 1 person
No. The fact we are only building committees is laughable.

Worse - any committee in place since the beginning is more laughable.

In short - this process is a joke.

Why is it a joke? Because we don't have a successor already in place for a man who doesn't even retire until later on this year? Is it because you think Blackburn is the obvious hire but the school is too stupid to know this?

This school cares...... money is at stake and they know that. They can talk about student athletes but it comes down to money. This hire may turn out bad but don't act like this process is a joke and it is not being taken seriously by the ones in charge (none of us know what the process even is.....).

Reactions: 8 people

Boom. Roasted.

You had a pretty good post going until "boom, roasted". Then I realized you were 11 years old.

Reactions: 8 people
Y'all just need to get off of your high horses and chill out. Please don't let people on this board influence your opinions about this University. Some act like they know everything (know it alls) and sell it as fact, but truth is they know nothing more than you and I.

I'm confused.. From your post I can't tell if I'm supposed to get off a high horse and chill, not be influenced by people, know everything or nothing more than you or I....

Reminds me of being in the Navy. There's a problem. Seasoned NCO offers to fix problem immediately with minimal cost. Officers set up a committee to decide who's going to be on the committee to find a solution to the problem.

Ain't just the Navy. It's all branches of the military. Also throw in local, state and federal government. And only the Lord above knows how many businesses.

Boom. Roasted.

You get points for Boom. Roasted.

Reactions: 3 people

what the hell does any of this have to do with being in a gay bar?

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back