Pathetic Loss

bnhunt

to an awful, awful Ole Miss team. No excuse not to win this game. UT has the better team. Barnes has got to start getting more out of these guys.

Reactions: 7 people
How could they collapse this bad down the stretch? It was 2-3 point game. Damn!

I'm not sure why you think UT is any better or worse than Ole Miss. Record wise - Ole Miss is better

This sucks, but it's not surprising

I'm not sure why you think UT is any better or worse than Ole Miss. Record wise - Ole Miss is better

Ole Miss has 2 decent players and one of them is out. This was a 1-4 SEC team with very little talent.

I would agree except we were up 12 in the second half and had them on their heels, and we stopped playing.

Reactions: 4 people
Can't close out games, fouling guys and letting them make layups, Hubbs complaining to the ref after a turnover while his guy makes a layup on the other end because he didn't get back, other team switches to a 1-3-1 and we act like we have never seen it before.

Some things are youth and some are effort/basketball IQ. This team makes too many fundamental mistakes that they shouldn't. Youth is not the only reason for them.

Reactions: 2 people
Can't close out games, fouling guys and letting them make layups, Hubbs complaining to the ref after a turnover while his guy makes a layup on the other end because he didn't get back, other team switches to a 1-3-1 and we act like we have never seen it before.

Some things are youth and some are effort/basketball IQ. This team makes too many fundamental mistakes that they shouldn't. Youth is not the only reason for them.

Hubbs needed to complain. It was awful. If they aren't careful, they may lose a fan of college basketball, and it's not the players' fault.

Reactions: 1 person
Unfortunately this is a young team, we got up 13 and they quit playing, nobody really showed a lot of fight tonight which is disappointing.

Should have been able to finish this game with a 13-point lead. Not that this team is going anywhere this season anyway.

Hubbs needed to complain. It was awful. If they aren't careful, they may lose a fan of college basketball, and it's not the players' fault.

What he needed to do get his a** back on defense and talk to the ref at an appropriate time, not allow Ole Miss to continue their run.

Should have been able to finish this game with a 13-point lead. Not that this team is going anywhere this season anyway.

Oh I agree, not sure what was up with tonight but very early I got the vibe they guys weren't focused or very interested in playing. Not sure if the guys looked and saw Burnett out and thought Ole Miss would roll over or what, but that was a major missed opportunity.

Not sure there is enough talent difference to argue about but there was in effort, intensity and concentration.

Freshmen may be hitting a wall. This isn't high school ball. Every game is tough and intense. No bums to take it easy at this level.

Last edited:
It was an ugly game on both of our performance and officiating. We couldn't close out the game but with a young team like ours, mistakes are going to happen. It is what it is and I'm already tired of stressing over it. Just move on and hope our team plays better in the next game.

VN Store

Back