Marvin West nails it....again

i hope more of this keeps coming to light. there's no one being held to account up there.

Reactions: 1 person
Yep, very thoughtful article. Spot on. Too bad our program just can't get things together. So much potential. Unfortunately, we have too many indians in positions of power without a true chief to lead them. We continue to shoot ourselves in the foot.

Reactions: 5 people
Very good writ-up. He hit key points and shed light on issues that are uncontrollable by CBJ. His hands are truly tied, and we wonder why he can't get a quality OC......

Reactions: 4 people
Never good to focus all efforts around 1 candidate...then they have all the leverage

Great article. Many have said that the job requirements required a sitting AD. Are they changing it so Fulmer can qualify or is Phil trying to sabotage David's opportunity. I just wish Deprito would have hit the road with his two buddies. Oh there are still hanging around sucking the life out of the Big Orange. A total cluster****!!!

Reactions: 2 people
I can't be certain he is correct.
I offered the idea in a thread about a week ago that some people may not want the job because of these reasons.
Posts following mine, quickly pointed out that they don't really care about this stuff, it's all just because Jones wants someone he can totally control. Or because he's an idiot.

Given those same people once tried to convince me he runs down the line gut punching kids, I'm going back to my original stance. I hold Jones completely responsible for our record this past season, I give him a little leeway on who he's able to hire at the moment.

A poster on here summed it up perfectly. He made a military analogy....I know I'm paraphrasing but it went something like this. See a problem, fix it. But not in the military. In the military you point out the problem to your superiors. They form a committee to determine what the problem is and go from there.

Still Butches biggest problem is himself. He could have brought in some of the nations top OC's last time, but instead brought in debord.

Reactions: 8 people
If you think the offense was our problem last year, you are truly insane

It was a huge problem at times. A horrible SC defense shut it down, App State gave it fits, and Ohio slowed us down. We got fat off of big plays and horrible competition at the end of the year.

We were an extremely talented team that didn't execute very well or have strong fundamentals, and it cost us at least two games.

Reactions: 15 people
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volst53 View Post
Still Butches biggest problem is himself. He could have brought in some of the nations top OC's last time, but instead brought in debord.

That's right. And even if there's no problem, last year was Butch Jone's senior year -- everything was his, including the $220k sports car (I think he was driving it last year, maybe not).

But let me ask: does anyone know what kind of vehicle(s) CBJ drove during the 4 seasons( or the seasons leading up to the seasons) he won his 4 championships?

I don't know why CMD left. I do hope CBJ can make for a great 2017 season.

Did you watch any of the games? We set records for many categories on that side of the ball. Not sure if serious

Reactions: 3 people
Blackburn is the best decision. Fulmer could turn out fine, but would be a political decision. Anyone else and we are asking for another decade of mediocrity or worse for UT sports. Butch isn't the biggest problem the entire administration is.

Reactions: 6 people

I would add, if it were a big-time OC, chances are they're getting the calls for a head coaching job this year anyway(like Lane and Bama). Still puts us back where we are.
You're going to have to weed through the bashing posts to find discussion of the actual thread topic.

If I didn't know better, I would think that there is an element at our beloved university that actually does not want the athletic department to excel. However, that's crazy. Or is it?

Either that, or certain individuals care more about protecting their egos and fiefdoms than they do promoting the best interests of the university.

Either way, this has become the mother of all cluster*****.

Reactions: 3 people
I would add, if it were a big-time OC, chances are they're getting the calls for a head coaching job this year anyway(like Lane and Bama). Still puts us back where we are.
You're going to have to weed through the bashing posts to find discussion of the actual thread topic.

Scott already got calls this off season
It's highly likely he gets calls and takes a job next off season so Tennessee is still in this boat

If I didn't know better, I would think that there is an element at our beloved university that actually does not want the athletic department to excel. However, that's crazy. Or is it?

Either that, or certain individuals care more about protecting their egos and fiefdoms than they do promoting the best interests of the university.

One other possibility, they are just truly completely inept at running and athletics department.
Decision after decision, year after year, I lean toward this conclusion.

Egos will keep Blackburn away as long as Anderson is on the committee

Reactions: 1 person
Scott already got calls this off season
It's highly likely he gets calls and takes a job next off season so Tennessee is still in this boat

Maybe given a year, they can sort this out. But I'm not holding my breath.

It's like we have an entire group of people who are successful but in their own way, now, they can't get out of each other's way to accomplish anything.

VN Store

Back