New Name Emerges in AD Search

Can't say hed be a bad candidate. Don't mind that name popping up at all.

At this point, I just don't give a damn anymore. Hire someone....anyone....just get it over with. UT is going to screw it up anyway so why the dog and pony show? Is the BOT trying to convince the masses that the UT ship actually has a captain and a rudder? Hell, we've been listing and drifting aimlessly as an athletic department in every sport for nearly a decade now. Same song and dance....big things are coming. It's a new day at UT. Exciting times. Send us your money and watch this program ascend to great things! BS. Nothing has changed. Nothing will change. Same ol' UT.

Reactions: 17 people
At this point, I just don't give a damn anymore. Hire someone....anyone....just get it over with. UT is going to screw it up anyway so why the dog and pony show? Is the BOT trying to convince the masses that the UT ship actually has a captain and a rudder? Hell, we've been listing and drifting aimlessly as an athletic department in every sport for nearly a decade now. Same song and dance....big things are coming. It's a new day at UT. Exciting times. Send us your money and watch this program ascend to great things! BS. Nothing has changed. Nothing will change. Same ol' UT.

Is it really that big of a deal? It seemes like the only mistake was Hart announcing it. Had they done it behind the scene noone would be saying anything

Reactions: 4 people
i had a feeling his name would pop up when he stepped down from the Panthers.

Reactions: 2 people
I'm done with bringing in more outsiders. With a big stack of cash as bait you can catch a lot but the question will keep coming up if the catch will walk for a bigger payday. With PF or DB I don't see them chasing the money as much as some stranger.

Reactions: 1 person
I'm not worried about outsiders as much as age. If UT can't make a decision any faster than this, I'd hope they at least get a younger guy. This AD search seem like it has taken longer than Hart actually had the job before announcing his retirement. When you're talking about the "final" chapter of your life, that's a little concerning to me.

Is it really that big of a deal? It seemes like the only mistake was Hart announcing it. Had they done it behind the scene noone would be saying anything

Bingo...

These transitions happen all the time. Alabama, for example, knew Battle was retiring for months.

Reactions: 2 people
I'm not worried about outsiders as much as age. If UT can't make a decision any faster than this, I'd hope they at least get a younger guy. This AD search seem like it has taken longer than Hart actually had the job before announcing his retirement. When you're talking about the "final" chapter of your life, that's a little concerning to me.

Why did the decision need to happen faster than this? There's a guy doing the job. Before he retires, there will be another guy doing the job. I don't get all the hand wringing.

Reactions: 15 people
Hyams said he was told by an insider yesterday that the process has started over since Davenport got here Wednesday, that we're pretty much back to square one, with interviews happening this weekend. Said he wasn't sure he agreed with that assessment and he still thinks Fulmer is front runner, but that his source is credible. Tifwiw.

Hyams said he was told by an insider yesterday that the process has started over since Davenport got here Wednesday, that we're pretty much back to square one, with interviews happening this weekend. Said he wasn't sure he agreed with that assessment and he still thinks Fulmer is front runner, but that his source is credible. Tifwiw.

Hyams has zero clue what is going to happen.

Reactions: 1 person
Name dropping to try and legitimize this as a real and open search for whatever reason. Just hire DB or PF. Jeez 6 + months absolutlely insane.

Why did the decision need to happen faster than this? There's a guy doing the job. Before he retires, there will be another guy doing the job. I don't get all the hand wringing.

Because there is a lame duck AD, Signs pointing to the need for a coaching change this season, and an absolute no brainer homerun hire 1.5 hours down the road.

Reactions: 3 people

Well the thought is it hurt us getting asst. coaches, but now that is done I guess (unless Azzani leaves I guess), that is not a concern now. Still looks incompetent since they knew Hart was leaving well in advance.

So my question to you is what was point of him announcing ahead of time he was leaving if not take advantage of it by searching for replacement once announced? They could have already had someone lined up to take his place once he officially left.

Reactions: 3 people
Hyams has zero clue what is going to happen.

Yeah he has zero clue. Why don't you catch us up? Iirc, when 247 reported the hire was a done deal last month and that Fulmer was the guy sooner rather than later, it was Hyams who said "no, that's not true, nothing will happen until after the new Chancellor is on board".

So question for you.....did he have a clue there? Was the hire made before she started on Wednesday or has he been proven right?

Reactions: 4 people

VN Store

Back