David Blackburn confirms he has spoken to a search firm

I listened to his interviews.
My takeaways:
He really loves UT
He really wants the job
He thinks he is qualified after time at UTC as AD.
He respects Fulmer and would like him to be his #2.
He would not come to Knxville as the #2.
He answers questions directly.
He knows the challenges he would face and where all of "the bodies are buried". Therefore, he wouldn't need to be brought up to speedo on UT history and culture.
Only negative: Not a great public speaker. Stumbles around some.

I hope Beverly hires him.

Reactions: 23 people
But, I heard that he did NOT stay at a Holiday Inn Express when traveling to interviews. Keep that in mind.

Reactions: 3 people
Gonna work under the assumption it's Fulmer until they announce otherwise.

This all feels very perfunctory at this point.

Reactions: 1 person
Gonna work under the assumption it's Fulmer until they announce otherwise.

This all feels very perfunctory at this point.

This whole thing looks like due diligence for the sake of due diligence. I am thinking they are going to give it to Fulmer no matter how many people they interview.

The thing that pi$$e$ me off the most about this whole process is that we are only just now doing this "dog and pony show". Should have started and ended much sooner.

Reactions: 6 people
Adams had a pretty negative column today in the KNS about Fulmer and all the cesspool activities that were going on under his coaching tenure. Said the new Chancellor loses sleep at night over the sexual assault issues under Fulmer. FWIW.

I know what this implies, but to look at it another way...

"spoken with a search firm' could mean a school other than UT looking to hire an AD or something else all to gather. I think I am wrong with this train of thought, but that is what the article says.

I listened to his interviews.
My takeaways:
He really loves UT
He really wants the job
He thinks he is qualified after time at UTC as AD.
He respects Fulmer and would like him to be his #2.
He would not come to Knxville as the #2.
He answers questions directly.
He knows the challenges he would face and where all of "the bodies are buried". Therefore, he wouldn't need to be brought up to speedo on UT history and culture.
Only negative: Not a great public speaker. Stumbles around some.

I hope Beverly hires him.

He also has an proven resume.

Reactions: 2 people
I still think Mike Bohn is the best candidate because he embraces the true Cincy work ethic that is demonstrated by Chancellor Davenport and Coach Jones.
I like Blackburn, but UTC is not as big of a program as Cincy. He's a VFL, but I would really love to get BOHNed!! :good!:

Adams had a pretty negative column today in the KNS about Fulmer and all the cesspool activities that were going on under his coaching tenure. Said the new Chancellor loses sleep at night over the sexual assault issues under Fulmer. FWIW.

Adams pointing out and harping on things everyone should be well aware of. But as to the last sentence, I feel Davenport may be keeping it close to her vest, but she may have already crossed Phil off the list. But behind the scenes and in the media, his buddies are going to push the issue. She better have thick skin.

Where does it say Blackburn has spoken with a search firm? Says IF he was spoken to he would be interested. I heard the interview twice and he never said he was spoken to
. CNN news?

I still think Mike Bohn is the best candidate because he embraces the true Cincy work ethic that is demonstrated by Chancellor Davenport and Coach Jones.
I like Blackburn, but UTC is not as big of a program as Cincy. He's a VFL, but I would really love to get BOHNed!! :good!:

I am not really up on Bohn. But from what I have just read, I am not sold on him. At least he has experience.

I keep looking at all of Blackburn's positives. Actually the Cincinnati program is not that much larger than UTC. Cities? Yes. Schools? Not really. But how his coaching hires have performed is what I look at.

Where does it say Blackburn has spoken with a search firm? Says IF he was spoken to he would be interested. I heard the interview twice and he never said he was spoken to
. CNN news?

I think the OP is reading things that aren't there, GEV. His evidence is the same thing we read yesterday.

Not the first time, won't be the last.

I think the OP is reading things that aren't there, GEV. His evidence is the same thing we read yesterday.

Not the first time, won't be the last.

Sec country is the one saying he confirmed. The big picture in the second post.

Op is relaying their story.
As in "per sec country" as the first post says fairly clearly.

edyeary, I just got my copy of Saturday's kns. Adams doesn't have a column in the sports section. You got a link to this?

Sec country is the one saying he confirmed. The big picture in the second post.

Op is relaying their story.
As in "per sec country" as the first post says fairly clearly.

OK. thank for clearing that up, chargervol.

OK. thank for clearing that up, chargervol.

The way the screen shot reads, sounds more like they asked him if he had..

Not anything he said in an interview I read. Maybe they got the answer by phone or text etc.. not sure?

Boooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/b]

:dance2::dance2::dance2::dance2::dance2::dance2::dance2::dance2::dance2:

I know what this implies, but to look at it another way...

"spoken with a search firm' could mean a school other than UT looking to hire an AD or something else all to gather. I think I am wrong with this train of thought, but that is what the article says.

You are correct. He did not specify the firm... Would be great if it was turnkey though. The article didn't really hint.. But he is the best fit for the job. He does done really good things at Chattanooga.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back