Ht: 6'5"
Wt: 210 lbs
Class: 2018

Joe Milton, 2018 Dual-threat quarterback - Rivals.com

Joe Milton, Olympia, Dual-Threat Quarterback

Joe Milton - Hudl

Vols offered.

Reactions: 4 people
Unless he has Tyler Bray's cannon, Peyton Manning's football knowledge, Josh Dobb's Character/ running ability, Al Wilson's bravado and leadership, Will Overstreet's motor and the 1998 Team's uncanny ability to snatch Victory from the jaws of defeat, then we don't need him!

PS he needs to be an Aerospace Engineer or Nuclear Physicist major too.

Three-star Orlando (Fla.) Olympia quarterback Joe Milton has seen his stock rise over the past few months.

It will continue to do so after a solid performance at the Orlando Opening regional on Sunday. Milton was among the top-3 quarterbacks at the camp, and showed a great combination of size, ability, and speed - He ran a 4.8 40 at the camp - that is sure to have college programs intrigued.

“I think I did very well,” Milton said.

“I had a few bad passes, but at the end of the day you’ve still got to make it up. My rating was a 99 so I think I did very well.”

One of those schools that find the 6-foot-4, 221-pound quarterback intriguing is Florida State. The Seminoles have already been by to see him numerous times.

“They have,” Milton said.

“They’ve come to the school like five times. Coach Trickett. I think I’m going to junior day, but I’m not sure yet. I’ve got to talk to my mom.”

FSU hasn't offered Milton yet, but that's the way quarterback recruiting goes under head coach Jimbo Fisher. Fisher doesn't offer a quarterback unless he's seen him throw in person. He threw for 1,543, 17 touchdowns, and 7 interceptions as a junior in 2016.

Milton wants to get back up to FSU to throw this summer, but isn't sure when he will be able to make it up there to do so yet.

The Seminoles aren't the only in-state team interested in the fast rising prospect.

“It’s kind of back and forth,” Milton said.

“It’s out of Florida State, Florida, and Miami. All three of them have been going at it.”

He isn't in any hurry to make a decision, and everyone is on equal footing right now.

“There’s no schools that are specifically standing out right now,” Milton said.

Milton is rated as the No. 16 dual threat quarterback and the No. 401. player overall in the 2018 247Sports composite rankings.

-Tallahassee Democrat

There were several quarterbacks that made a strong case to get invited to the Elite 11 finals down the road. In drills, the most consistent signal-caller was Orlando (Fla.) Olympia quarterback Joe Milton, an intriguing 6-foot-6, 220-pound strong-armed passer that spun it very well. That carried over to 1-on-1s and half-skelly where he typically hit receivers in stride and also threw a nice deep ball.

-Opening Regional in Orlando

So, he went from 6'4" to 6'6", but 247 has him at 6'5". Funny.

I know, I was going to say the same thing, which one is it! Not that it matters a whole lot even 6'4" is plenty tall enough, but its like listening to Bob Keeling call down and yardage in a game! "Kamara for 4 across the left side...2nd and eight!"

All the FL St, FL, and Miami talk was before we offered correct? If not, sounds like we have a lot of ground to make up....

Mr. Milton just received a ratings bump from 247 Sports after The Opening in Orlando. Makes him a middle range 3* now & closer to that possibility of making it to that 4* rating.

The 4* in the 1st post is from Rivals I believe. He's still a 3* from 247 Sports composite. This bump though gets him closer to that 4* from 247 Sports. Thanks.

Last edited:
That's not good then if we end up both wanting him

Milton just found they were cousins so not a super close relationship, they hail from the same area. It is very unlikely that any school gets both of them the way they are blowing up.

Milton just found they were cousins so not a super close relationship, they hail from the same area. It is very unlikely that any school gets both of them the way they are blowing up.

What is funny about this is while Seider was at WVU coaching every damn kid kid from Florida they were recruiting here he was related to him. Like 20 to 25 every year lol.

Ah so that's how that guy is a good recruiter. Tells everyone they are 18th cousins lmao

I hope he gets that 4th star so he can feel better about himself, Thanks!

Actually, there are probably plenty of posters here who would feel better about him if he got that fourth star. I think he looks pretty good.

VN Store

Back