Danny Sheehan SS San Diego State

Top Prospects 2018 Draft
Jordan Verdon 3B San Diego State
Dean Nevarez C San Diego State
Harrison Pyatt RHP San Diego State

Top Freshmen
Avery Tuck OF San Diego State
Kellen Strahm OF San Jose State

• After struggling to one of the worst records (21-38) in school history, San Diego State is hoping to bounce back and that starts with the core of their team bouncing back individually. Outfielder Chase Calabuig went from hitting .305 as a freshman to .221, 1, 17 last season. Danny Sheehan missed the season and took a redshirt due to personal issues. Pitchers Marcus Reyes and Cody Thompson both saw their ERAs take drastic two-run jumps, rising above 6. Corner infielder Andrew Brown’s average dropped nearly 50 points.
The return of Sheehan at shortstop should help shore up a defense that was in the bottom 25 percent of all Division I schools with a .962 fielding percentage last year. His return allows Alan Trejo to shift back to second base where his defense plays up more. The corner infield spots are being highly contested with David Hensley, Jordan Verdon, UC Irvine graduate transfer Andrew Martinez and Brown all battling. Martinez and Verdon give the lineup a power threat from each side of the plate. Calabuig found his stroke during the summer playing in the Jayhawk League (.421, 4, 31) and is the one constant in an outfield with several talented youngsters vying for playing time. Freshmen Julian Escobedo and Avery Tuck could swipe the spots Denz’l Chapman (.283, 0, 5), Justin Wylie (.305, 4, 39) and Tyler Adkison (.302, 6, 40) were originally slated for. Chad Bible also represents another power option after hitting 15 homers in junior college last year. Dominic Purpura returns to perplex hitters once again. The 6-foot-5 lefty went 4-2, 3.25 last year as he moved his way up the totem pole from the bullpen to the Friday night role. Another lefty, Brett Seeburger (1-3, 4.81) could be the key to the Aztecs’ season. If healthy, he gives San Diego State an ace it can use either to swing the series on Saturday or move into the Friday spot.

Reactions: 2 people
Vanderbilt drops Game 1 to University Illinois-Chicago, 5-3 :)

Awful loss I suppose, I've never heard of the school so I guess they aren't too relevant in College Baseball.

Edit:
Awful awful loss!!! they are in the Horizon Conference, so irrelevant D1 Baseball didn't even review the teams or conference.

Dropped to 231 in the RPI

I know, its early and they will be good but I do enjoy their misery at the moment!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Moberg just picked up where he left off last year, unbelievable start again.

Moberg scores on the RBI Ground out...1-0 Vols...RISP for ALip, 2 outs

VN Store

Back