Final 4 Predictions

On somewhat related topic...a few weeks ago bought elite 8 tix for MSG today. Brackets came out and looked like Villanova/Duke matchup, but came out to be a SEC E matchup. Torn on who to cheer for....prob SC...I may just wear my UT gear., and cheer for Vern.

I'm picking Baylor to take out Uconn. Uconn had trouble containing Jordin Canada. And UCLA was in the game for the most part. Baylor is rolling teams over at the right time.

Reactions: 3 people
I'm picking Baylor to take out Uconn. Uconn had trouble containing Jordin Canada. And UCLA was in the game for the most part. Baylor is rolling teams over at the right time.

They have the talent but I'm not convinced Baylor will be able to take capitalize on their size advantage. I expect early foul trouble for the Baylor posts and a tough time passing out of double teams.

They have the talent but I'm not convinced Baylor will be able to take capitalize on their size advantage. I expect early foul trouble for the Baylor posts and a tough time passing out of double teams.

Their size advantage kills them on defense. I can see now why FSU gave UConn their toughest game of the season. Their posts are athletic, quick, can rebound and can defend on the perimeter and inside. Brown is too slow to be chasing Collier all over the court without fouling her. She would have to get Napheesa in foul trouble first on the other hand if she's going to take advantage of her size.

Reactions: 2 people
I have Notre Dame in there regardless some good competition for UConn.

I'm conflicted. I want to root hard for MSU and SC tonight, but I know that Baylor and FSU will be the toughest road to the championship for UConn.

I think that the 4 #1 seeds will ultimately prevail.

:eek:lol::eek:lol::eek:lol::eek:lol::eek:lol::eek:lol::eek:lol::eek:lol::eek:lol::eek:lol::eek:lol:Maybe in 2020 they can't be beat this year or next year.:eek:hmy:

Turner's injury may be the best thing that happened to Notre Dame. It has allowed sophomore star Arike Ogunbowale to assert herself offensively. She scored a career-high 32 points in the Sweet 16 and has already netted 21 points in the first half of the Elite 8 vs Stanford.

Arike seems to like the big stage. UConn may be in trouble.

Reactions: 1 person
Turner's injury may be the best thing that happened to Notre Dame. It has allowed sophomore star Arike Ogunbowale to assert herself offensively. She scored a career-high 32 points in the Sweet 16 and has already netted 21 points in the first half of the Elite 8 vs Stanford.

Arike seems to like the big stage. UConn may be in trouble.

Talk about freshman to sophomore year leap. Ogunbowale has been incredible, scoring in so many different ways.

Great win by Stanford. I would love to see Tara win another NC before she retires, but the odds are against it.

If Baylor gets by Mississippi State, they have a chance against UCONN, but will have to be disciplined to get the win. UCONN is so well coached and precise in all phases of the game, there is not much room for error.

Reactions: 2 people
Great win by Stanford. I would love to see Tara win another NC before she retires, but the odds are against it.

If Baylor gets by Mississippi State, they have a chance against UCONN, but will have to be disciplined to get the win. UCONN is so well coached and precise in all phases of the game, there is not much room for error.

Right now Nate Silver gives UConn a 44% chance of winning it all, with Baylor right behind at 42%. Baylor's superb NCAAT play so far has significantly shifted those odds (in BU's favor). Best shot anyone's had at upending UConn probably since 2013.

MSU leading Baylor 21-19. Vivians and Williams shouldering the scoring for MSU so far. After getting behind early, they have played very well. Kristy Wallace picked up two fouls in the first half.

Shaping up to be a great game. Hope they both keep up this level of play.

MSU 43-40 at the half. Good Vivians showed up. Kalani Brown dominating the paint, but MSU forcing turnovers and Wallace with 3 fouls in the first half.

Today's games have not disappointed.

MSU has 1 turnover and Baylor has 9 in the first half in a close game. Mississippi State is playing really aggressive defense. That little point guard is getting great penetration.

Mulkey is not happy!

MSU has 1 turnover and Baylor has 9 in the first half in a close game. Mississippi State is playing really aggressive defense. That little point guard is getting great penetration.

Mulkey is not happy!

If MSU wins, how do you think they'd fare against UConn?

MSU 43-40 at the half. Good Vivians showed up. Kalani Brown dominating the paint, but MSU forcing turnovers and Wallace with 3 fouls in the first half.

Today's games have not disappointed.

Very exciting Elite 8 so far. Really impressed with MSU's offense in the tournament.

Right now Nate Silver gives UConn a 44% chance of winning it all, with Baylor right behind at 42%. Baylor's superb NCAAT play so far has significantly shifted those odds (in BU's favor). Best shot anyone's had at upending UConn probably since 2013.

Aren't these the same guys who gave Hillary a 70.4% chance of winning the election?

VN Store

Back