Softball drama

I am sure she always has wanted to be just like LJ. He is such a model for all colors of young ladies if you can call her that.

Reactions: 1 person
The Florida coach should be suspended. If the young lady had decided to not shake hands with another coach that is her choice. Her family had previously dealings with this coach. The coach extended his arm to push her. She acted like the adult and he acted like a petulant child

Reactions: 7 people
I'm glad neither of them is affiliated with UT. Just put your hand up like the rest of the team, keep moving, then go use a disinfecting wipe if you feel the need.

Reactions: 4 people
The Florida coach should be suspended. If the young lady had decided to not shake hands with another coach that is her choice. Her family had previously dealings with this coach. The coach extended his arm to push her. She acted like the adult and he acted like a petulant child

The coach should have NEVER put his hands on her but that doesn't make her right in this situation either. Shake hands and move on, both should be suspended.

Watched the game and it was a great win for the Tigers! I see no issue with this "incident", like someone else posted there is history between the players family and UF's coach. Not sure of the exact story but I think her sister(s) played at UF and the coach either suspended her or kicked her off the team. The player did nothing wrong in this case. She didn't say anything pre push just ignored him and went on until he pushed her...

I just started getting addicted to college baseball/softball and we already have "drama"! lol

Last edited:
The coach should have NEVER put his hands on her but that doesn't make her right in this situation either. Shake hands and move on, both should be suspended.

Suspended for not shaking hands? That's idiotic. Her family had a history with the guy. She didn't cuss him or anything. She told the players good game and then put her hand down without shaking the coaching staffs hands or saying a word to them. Then the coach pushes the young lady, using bully tactics. That is nothing for her to be suspended over.

If I were the head coach at Auburn I would have shown him what a push should look like at the end of the line. No one treat an opposing player like that. He is a douche.

Reactions: 4 people

Shaking hands is not mandatory for the player. She and her sisters have a contentious history with this coach. He was totally out of line by putting his hand on her. If that were my daughter, dude and I would have had a reckoning....

Reactions: 3 people
She comes across as a spoiled child. Need to go to the WW chocolate factory.

Nonsense. She has a personal dislike for this coach which involves her two sisters. Knowing what she knew, I probably would not have shaken his hand either. He had absolutely no right to put his hands on her. None.

Reactions: 5 people
Coach was the adult in this situation and failed to act like it. As a former softball coach, I will tell you for certain that you don't put your hands on any player for any reason, especially a player from an opposing team.

The jerk should be suspended for multiple games at the least. :realmad:

I would also talk to the player about retaliation in any situation. If she had a problem with the coach or another player she should have taken it to her coach to deal with.

Reactions: 6 people
Nonsense. She has a personal dislike for this coach which involves her two sisters. Knowing what she knew, I probably would not have shaken his hand either. He had absolutely no right to put his hands on her. None.

took all the way to post 14 to get some sense on the issue - why am I not surprised ?

Maybe Tim Walton should have been paying attention more and not hit her shoulder. The problem for people who are familiar with the softball world is that the accident will be filtered through the fact that this girl and her entire family all the way up to papa Fagan have always had a tremendous attitude problem.

Maybe Tim Walton should have been paying attention more and not hit her shoulder. The problem for people who are familiar with the softball world is that the accident will be filtered through the fact that this girl and her entire family all the way up to papa Fagan have always had a tremendous attitude problem.

More so a reason to not touch her. As I have stated before she was being a b**** but he is the person making all the money and should have been above her attitude!!

Sounds like you're quite knowledgeable about this family's "attitudinal problem". Care to share with the rest of us?

That's false...they're a great family

Rather odd how this happened after the 3rd game of the series and she is a 5 th year senior so obviously not the first time she had to face Walton

Rather odd how this happened after the 3rd game of the series and she is a 5 th year senior so obviously not the first time she had to face Walton

What did she do after the first two games? If she had put her hand down at the coaches those times:

1) he knew she would again and what he did was planned and intentional,
2) her refusing to have her hand up (plain bad sportmanship) is a matter between her and her school/coach's rules,
3) he was wrong regardless; I looked at the video and no way that was accidental or unintentional. Agree wasn't much of a touch, but he had NO business putting his hands on her. Especially in an opposing coach-player situation. He needs some serious talking to from his superiors.

Inexcusable no matter what kind of BS he comes up with to attempt to explain/justify it.

Jmo...as the mother of a daughter who played competitive sports.

Reactions: 3 people
"Auburn coach Clint Myers declined to comment on the situation."

Let it sink in....

What did she do after the first two games? If she had put her hand down at the coaches those times:

1) he knew she would again and what he did was planned and intentional,
2) her refusing to have her hand up (plain bad sportmanship) is a matter between her and her school/coach's rules,
3) he was wrong regardless; I looked at the video and no way that was accidental or unintentional. Agree wasn't much of a touch, but he had NO business putting his hands on her. Especially in an opposing coach-player situation. He needs some serious talking to from his superiors.

Inexcusable no matter what kind of BS he comes up with to attempt to explain/justify it.

Jmo...as the mother of a daughter who played competitive sports.

True but its UF - coaches do nothing wrong there

VN Store

Back