Ben Fennell of NFL Network on Reeves-Maybin

Fingers

If you believe strongly in player instincts (defensively)-and that they really can't be taught

You'll love Tennessee LB Jalen Reeves-Maybin

You can tell Reeves-Maybin was a 2,000yd rusher in high school - understands blocking schemes. Sees it VERY quickly...And hits it

Jalen Reeves-Maybin's '15 tape is outstanding.. Injured thru most of '16.

Instincts. Natural in space. Aggressive/Physical. Athletic SL-SL.

For 6'0 230, JRM has no problem sticking his face into big RBs 1on1 - Derrick Henry, Perine, Mixon, Alex Collins, Rawleigh Williams, etc

Tennessee LB Jalen Reeves-Maybin is a screen killer..

Instinctive, fluid athlete, and physical.. Sneaky combination. I'm very intrigued..

Quick tallies...

I have Jalen Reeves-Maybin down for 19 tackles, FF, PBU, Sack, and a nice tackle on punt coverage vs Sterling Shepard.

Had to text some scouts about Jalen Reeves-Maybin for some feedback..

Feel like I just ran to call my mom after meeting my future wife..

Reactions: 18 people
I love Jalen Reeves-Maybin. Don't think he'll be an elite NFL player. But should be able to work himself into a reliable starter down the road. 4-3 teams that run cover 2 should covet him as a weakside linebacker.

I would draft him in the 4th round. That's a good spot for him given the injury concerns.

Loved watching him play here, but, injury prone and a 'tweener. UDFA is where he will land, not sure he sticks anywhere.

Reactions: 2 people
I wonder what the NFL scouts/teams see him as. I think he has the size for an OLB, he may need to get gain a little more weight a d strength. Also, I'm thinking he could possibly transition to a safety smoothly.

Reactions: 1 person
JRM was a heat-seeking missile. At the very least JRM will be a great special teams player for any NFL team early in his career. After a few season I think he can get in on the LB rotation for teams once they see his value.

nah...should'a been 11-1 with 3rd & 4th stringers littering the field.

The off season!

Every year the ridiculous excuses for why the VOLS didn't do as expected last year are only shattered by the rosy, more ridiculous expectations for next year.

We got beat by a USCe team that was just awful, and a Vandy team that completely outplayed us with even less talent on the field than we had. I'm sure next year the excuses will include Donald Trump conspiring with the Soviets against us.

The off season!

Every year the ridiculous excuses for why the VOLS didn't do as expected last year are only shattered by the rosy, more ridiculous expectations for next year.

We got beat by a USCe team that was just awful, and a Vandy team that completely outplayed us with even less talent on the field than we had. I'm sure next year the excuses will include Donald Trump conspiring with the Soviets against us.

You know , I am neither a kid nor an athlete but you would think when the 4th Qtr started these guys would have thought ' for all of history these guys will be able to gloat over beating UT and I am part of that' . That alone should have caused them to wratch it up several notches. Guess not.

JRM was a huge loss for the defense last season.

My first thought is that he was our biggest individual loss. But then I'm not sure even he would have been as successful given our pathetic tackle play (due primarily to injuries). It's just really hard for a linebacker to flow to the fill spot when tackles are getting knocked two yards deep on run plays.

JRM is just a fantastic player though. I wish him the best.

You know , I am neither a kid nor an athlete but you would think when the 4th Qtr started these guys would have thought ' for all of history these guys will be able to gloat over beating UT and I am part of that' . That alone should have caused them to wratch it up several notches. Guess not.

And you're assuming the guys on the field aren't giving 100% effort already? As horrible as people around here want to think Vandy was last year, they were more like us in being inconsistent than a bad team. Wins over Ole Miss, UGA, and UT show that.

The off season!

not an excuse...just a simple fact that many don't want to address or have honest dialog about.

I've said adnauseam that last year's team appeared soft, undisciplined and unmotivated throughout the year. Still managed to win early, but once multiple (not just one or two) 1's and 2's started dropping...well....the rest is history.

I can 100% agree w/ USC, but Vandy wasn't nearly as bad as everyone wants to make them out to be. They had a couple more quality wins than just against our guys...3 teams scored 30 or more against them during the reg season - including our VOLS. D couldn't hang in the second half...quality depth most likely, and their D rucked-up.

Yeah we really should have needed JRM to beat a bad SC with a HS QB and the ultra powerhouse Vanderbilt.

you are correct of course...that HS QB shtick is getting old. Dude was held back a year so he'd be more competitive in HS...he was actually a true freshman...that should have been a...true freshman...dude's going to be 20 this year.

IMO, that doesn't make it much better, but is at least intellectually honest when discussing the young man.

I hold JRM up there with Peyton and other greats that chose Tennessee for a 4th year because they truly loved it. Hindsight being 20/20, I wish he had left after the 2015 season to go pro. I'm afraid that he permanently damaged that shoulder trying to play through the injury. He should have never been in that Florida game.

But JRM will always be a VFL and a legend of the game in my book. He exemplified giving his all for Tennessee.

VN Store

Back