Vols #7 2018 Class / 247

WiseOlVol

Reactions: 10 people
It's May, Kansas has a top 25 class at this point.

True but we are setting up to have a really great class. Emerson and Litaker are two highly rated guys in state and we are in the driver seat. We have a couple guys that are going to get major bumps in the rankings. I really think we end up with a top five class.

Reactions: 5 people
right now, no doubt, Butch and the boys are killing it on the recruiting trail...just let it continue...:rock:...:)

GO BIG ORANGE!

Reactions: 1 person
Still extremely early but lots to be optimistic about. Lots of teams are just now coming around to taking commits for exampe Missouri - 1 commit, Bama and Ole Miss - 2 commits, UGA and Vandy 3.

Meanwhile Richt at Miami has 11 4 stars and 1 5 star already on top of 5 3 stars. Makes you wonder if he's going to be able to hold onto all them before NSD. James Franklin also looks like he's bringing in his best class to date.

Gonna be an interesting recruiting season...

Reactions: 2 people
I think this class finishes close to top 10 like 12-14 .

Last year's class finished 11th in 247 and everyone said it was horrible. This class is way better than what we started with last year and has potential for more and you think it will end up at 12-14? To me that doesn't add up or happen unless this season goes very bad and we have a ton of guys who go decommit.

Reactions: 4 people
Last year's class finished 11th in 247 and everyone said it was horrible. This class is way better than what we started with last year and has potential for more and you think it will end up at 12-14? To me that doesn't add up or happen unless this season goes very bad and we have a ton of guys who go decommit.

Last year class was ranked 17th .

Hopefully the season isn't a dumpster fire and recruiting falls apart. As long as we win 8 or more games, we should be good

It's awesome to see some other SEC schools starting slow. Really hoping that holds up.

Would be great too be top 10 on signing day and only have a couple other SEC schools up there with us instead of 7 or 8.

I see this being our best "quality" class yet and a 5-8 ranking on signing day.

Ahhh yes....any excuse to not give Butch and staff any credit. Give it a rest.

Lol because recruiting rankings matter in May? Yes good job butch and staff you're racking up, give me a break Northwestern and Kansas are ahead of Bama right now. If this trend continues into the first Wednesday in February then I'll give butch a ton of credit until then these rankings are as worthless as preseason bowl projections.

Reactions: 2 people
Also everyone shrugging this start off cracks me up. For example if our class was flipped with UGA and all we had was 3 3* and half our top in state guys were committed elsewhere right now I am telling you this place would be a crap show.

I was worried at the end of last yr and I hope I'm not blindsided but with the coaching moves Butch made and was able to make along with how well our program is being received on the trail I don't even think Butch is on the Hot Seat in the eyes of our AD. It's time as fans to root for this staff to breakthrough during the best two years because we are VERY close and we have great people leading this program again who love TN!

Sorry fired up this AM!

Reactions: 23 people
Oh, you have to love our Fanbase… We whine when we have no commitments in the spring time and complain about what in the world is going on with recruiting… Then, we start landing high-end commitments and shoot up the rankings, and now rankings don't mean a thing, because it's only May. Talk about legion of the miserable with some of our fans. If you can't enjoy the success we are having on the recruiting trail right now, find a new program, because this one isn't for you.

Reactions: 19 people
Also everyone shrugging this start off cracks me up. For example if our class was flipped with UGA and all we had was 3 3* and half our top in state guys were committed elsewhere right now I am telling you this place would be a crap show.

I was worried at the end of last yr and I hope I'm not blindsided but with the coaching moves Butch made and was able to make along with how well our program is being received on the trail I don't even think Butch is on the Hot Seat in the eyes of our AD. It's time as fans to root for this staff to breakthrough during the best two years because we are VERY close and we have great people leading this program again who love TN!

Sorry fired up this AM!

Nothing to be sorry about… Spot on, in my opinion.

Reactions: 7 people
Oh, you have to love our Fanbase… We whine when we have no commitments in the spring time and complain about what in the world is going on with recruiting… Then, we start landing high-end commitments and shoot up the rankings, and now rankings don't mean a thing, because it's only May. Talk about legion of the miserable with some of our fans. If you can't enjoy the success we are having on the recruiting trail right now, find a new program, because this one isn't for you.

So true. Sad thing is, the Negavols would be bashing Butch if recruiting was slipping but now since we have a Top 10 Class, rankings don't matter? If Bama switched places with us, they'd be giving Saban a ton of credit but since it's Butch, it's too early and rankings don't mean a thing? Talk about being a hypocrite.

Reactions: 3 people

"Miserable" not the right word.
"Stupid" is.

Reactions: 8 people
Some people just aren't happy unless they have something to complain about.

For me, although I realize it's a long time until NSD, I'll bide my time and be glad to have something to feel optimistic about. And I'll celebrate every commit and let the chips fall where they may.

Reactions: 5 people

VN Store

Back