Joshua Dobbs contract details

Peyton Berry

Didn't see a thread on this, if so merge, but wanted to share Dobbs official contract details. Very proud that he played here, what he did here I feel is not as appreciated by some as it should be. He seems like a very well rounded man, great person, and a great ambassador for the university, a true VFL. I wish him the best and hope that one day gets an opportunity to lead an NFL offense, would be exciting to see. Congrats Joshua on joining the millionaire club!

http://www.knoxnews.com/story/sport...ns-4-year-deal-pittsburgh-steelers/338975001/

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 people
Not a bad deal IMO.

"According to sportrac.com, Dobbs’ contract is for four years and worth $2.94 million, including a $554,295 signing bonus"

Reactions: 6 people
Me neither. I honestly at the beginning of the season thought he wouldn't be drafted and have to earn his way in the NFL. Well done young man. :hi:

Reactions: 3 people
Congratulations Dobbs. One of my fav VOLS.

On a side note : That signing bonus itself would be what he would earn total in 5 after Masters in Aerospace, that too even if he landed a great job right out of college !! That 3 Millions is more than what most college graduates will make in a lifetime. So yes, it is a pretty decent money!!

Reactions: 4 people
That is awesome! I bet he is ecstatic. I can't imagine calling my mom and telling her I just signed a work contract for 3 mil.

Reactions: 2 people
I'd buy a $250,000 house. No need to get ridiculous. :)

Seriously? In Pittsburgh or Atlanta? You oughta see what that would buy you where I live. He could do a little better than that without being extravagant. How about $250K down and finance $250 or $300. That would still be very very conservative.

Reactions: 4 people
I would rent a house

Never rent. Buy an affordable 2 bedroom condo downtown Pittsburgh (he will probably do this or has). 350k downtown condo gets you what 800k downtown Nashville would. Live there until you meet someone and start a family. Then buy a house on nice lot. His parents probably will have him keep his riches.

Max out an Ira every year and other retirement accounts. If he does this he will have millions and millions and millions of dollars. He will be eligible for an NFL pension before too long.

Dobbs will be set. This, I'm confident of. His parents have done a wonderful job raising and supporting a fine and intelligent young man.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 people
My guess is that Dobbs will pass Landry Jones on the depth chart by season's end. Jones led Pittsburgh to a win two seasons ago but the following week against San Diego, he was benched and Vick had to lead us to a win.
Landry Jones will see 2017 as his last season in Pittsburgh...........

Great for Josh. Hope he hangs around 9-10 years in the NFL and has a ton of seed money when it's time for "Dobbs Aernautic Engineering Firm, Inc".

Reactions: 1 person
Not a bad deal IMO.

"According to sportrac.com, Dobbs’ contract is for four years and worth $2.94 million, including a $554,295 signing bonus"

So by the looks of it, he gets $465,000 plus $138,573 from the signing bonus this year, presuming nothing drastic happens (injury-wise or whatever) and he's still on the roster when the season starts. (So $603,573 this year.)

Last edited:
giphy.gif

Reactions: 1 person
Not sure how much money f-you money ammounts to but that is a pretty sweet paycheck to be holding a clipboard for a few years IMO.

I don't disagree with you. But after tax that will be about $2 million and taking out what he spends he'll probably have about $1.5 million left. F-you money means not having to work anymore. That is not enough for someone who will be 28 at the end of the contract. Mike Glennon just got his f-you contract from my Bears.

VN Store

Back