4_5308030.JPG

Buford, GA (Buford)
Running Back
Ht 5-11
Wt 174
CLASS OF 19

247 - http://247sports.com/Player/Derrian-Brown-46042323

OFFERS - Cincy, Oregon, UF, FAU, KanSt, L'Ville, USCe, Cuse, Toledo, WF, VOLS

We have offered Buford's entire backfield now. Brown '19, Grant '18, and Turner '18.

Buford has 3 D-1 backs . Man , they are going to kill teams with their runing game .

Last edited:
4_5308030.JPG

Buford, GA (Buford)
Running Back
Ht 5-11
Wt 174
CLASS OF 19

247 - http://247sports.com/Player/Derrian-Brown-46042323

OFFERS - Cincy, Oregon, UF, FAU, KanSt, L'Ville, USCe, Cuse, Toledo, WF, VOLS

We have offered Buford's entire backfield now. Brown '19, Grant '18, and Turner '18.

Buford has been a very good football program for years in the Atlanta metro area. A lot of their players have gone to Alabama. I believe it is a good thing that their players are beginning to show interest in our VOLS.

Reactions: 1 person
Buford has 3 D-1 backs . Man , they are going to kill teams with their tuning game .

Probably a rematch with Rome for the state title. Buford will be interesting to watch with their coach jumping up to the Falcons as a DL coach.

Buford High School in Buford, Ga. has long been a hotbed for football talent. Each and every year multiple power five level players come out of that school. The same can be said for the class of 2019. Running back Derrian Brown made his second trip to Rocky Top last week for orange carpet day and the Vols are certainly making an impression.

“It was fun,” Brown said. “I liked meeting all the new coaches and playing the games with the other prospects it was great. “It was very important to spend time with coach G (Robert Gillespie). He is a great guy and has a great personality. He's also a good coach. He knows what he's doing.”

Brown is already up to 14 offers and admits he's surprised things have taking off this fast. “I didn't think it would be going like this. I thought it would be a slow process. Then I got my first offer and they kind of kept coming.”

Of the 14 offers, two SEC schools offering him caught him off-guard the most. “Tennessee and Florida surprised me the most,” Brown offered. “Tennessee has had great running backs in the past. My favorite player is Alvin Kamara and I want to work to be like he was. “I look at his highlights like everyday. I go to practice and try to do the same things he does at practice. He's out there having fun. He loves the game. I like catching the ball and running the ball. I try and be versatile like he was.”

Brown's family is orginially from Alabama and he admits his dad grew up an Auburn fan. Brown has seen Auburn, Virginia Tech, and North Carolina in addition to the Vols this summer.

-VQ

Reactions: 6 people
At OCD, Coach G spent a lot of time with Derrian. He's doing a great jump of building a strong a relationship. Now, with Grant on board, it will pay dividends as he blows up this year and others come calling.

Reactions: 1 person
A bonus to Grant’s commitment is an early inroad to his Buford (Ga.) teammate Derrian Brown. Some at UT believe he has the highest upside of all three Peach State backs. Brown loved his visit at OCD and holds Tennessee among his early top schools.
-- hubbs

Reactions: 2 people
Coach Weinke stopped by his school today per 247. Same schools as Harry Miller, Jalar Holley and Ahmad Craig.

Reactions: 4 people

VN Store

Back