Josh Dobbs surprised by his early knowledge of pro-style offense

"... looks to groom Dobbs into a potential replacement for veteran Ben Roethlisberger."

If the Steeler staff is viewing Dobbs same as SEC Country Staff, certainly a promising opportunity for Dobbs. I for one believe he's up to the challenge - just wish it wasn't the Steelers. :)

Reactions: 7 people
In before D4H tries to claim this article as proving him correct rather than recognizing it as the typical offseason fluff piece that it is

Reactions: 2 people
"... looks to groom Dobbs into a potential replacement for veteran Ben Roethlisberger."

If the Steeler staff is viewing Dobbs same as SEC Country Staff, certainly a promising opportunity for Dobbs. I for one believe he's up to the challenge - just wish it wasn't the Steelers. :)

It could be worse. It could be the Patriots!

Reactions: 14 people
It could be worse. It could be the Patriots!

Dear God, aint' that the truth?

Personally, as much as I dislike the Steelers, I WILL say that it's a great offense for Dobbs, just because you are ALWAYS going to have a running threat in Bell, and having Brown and Bryant as receivers, it's gonna be hard to mess that up. He really did land in a great situation for him, and I hope Roethlisberger gets ovarian cancer Week 1, and Dobbs steps in and pulls a Dak.

Most Steelers fans think Dobbs was drafted as the eventual replacement.

Dear God, aint' that the truth?

Personally, as much as I dislike the Steelers, I WILL say that it's a great offense for Dobbs, just because you are ALWAYS going to have a running threat in Bell, and having Brown and Bryant as receivers, it's gonna be hard to mess that up. He really did land in a great situation for him, and I hope Roethlisberger gets ovarian cancer Week 1, and Dobbs steps in and pulls a Dak.

Look for Dak to struggle this year. Maybe even to a point that Cowboy fans will wish Romo were back. Now that teams have a full year of film on him, he won't be nearly as successful. Dak will never be a top QB in the league.

In before D4H tries to claim this article as proving him correct rather than recognizing it as the typical offseason fluff piece that it is

I'm predicting Dobbs is a dominant NFL player right away as a rookie. This whole being groomed as a potential replacement is not my style.

If Big Ben goes down this year, Dobbs will have an even better season than Dak Prescott had last year when he replaced Romo.

Look for Dak to struggle this year. Maybe even to a point that Cowboy fans will wish Romo were back. Now that teams have a full year of film on him, he won't be nearly as successful. Dak will never be a top QB in the league.

Dak just had ARGUABLY the best rookie season ever by a first year QB. That offensive line isn't going anywhere. Zeke and Dez aint going anywhere. As long as he has that much talent around him, he'll be fine.

I'm predicting Dobbs is a dominant NFL player right away as a rookie. This whole being groomed as a potential replacement is not my style.

If Big Ben goes down this year, Dobbs will have an even better season than Dak Prescott had last year when he replaced Romo.

Base on?

If I could pull for Peyton when he was a Colt, I sure can pull for the Steelers now that Dobbs is there.

The fact Dobbs is the better player and will have just as much talent around him as Dak had last year on the Cowboys.

If Big Ben goes down in the preseason like Romo and Josh starts all 16 regular season games, he will lead the Steelers to a 14-2 record and become the first player in NFL history to throw for 3000 yards and run for 1000 yards in the same season.

Reactions: 1 person
The fact Dobbs is the better player and will have just as much talent around him as Dak had last year on the Cowboys.

If Big Ben goes down in the preseason like Romo and Josh starts all 16 regular season games, he will lead the Steelers to a 14-2 record and become the first player in NFL history to throw for 3000 yards and run for 1000 yards in the same season.

You really struggle with the term "fact". There is absolutely nothing in Josh's game that even remotely suggest that could even be a possibility, even if Josh managed to jump Landry Jones on the depth chart. This is just another string of babbling nonsense from you. You're either a really good troll (and I tip my hat) or you are seriously lacking attention at home and may be mildly retarded.

Reactions: 4 people

Bruh who is your pusher? I need to get what you smoking mane. :)

You should hush yo mouth. 😁

Umm, no.

Reactions: 1 person
You really struggle with the term "fact". There is absolutely nothing in Josh's game that even remotely suggest that could even be a possibility, even if Josh managed to jump Landry Jones on the depth chart. This is just another string of babbling nonsense from you. You're either a really good troll (and I tip my hat) or you are seriously lacking attention at home and may be mildly retarded.

What's the % chance he even takes a snap this season?

Agree 100% it's like that rookie pitcher that goes thru the league first time around tearing it up...they scout up tendencies and becomes more difficult.

Agree 100% it's like that rookie pitcher that goes thru the league first time around tearing it up...they scout up tendencies and becomes more difficult.

It wouldn't surprise me if he struggles more this year.

Enough that fans would want Romo back is a leap.
Considering he'd prolly make it through a couple of quarters before going out.

What's the % chance he even takes a snap this season?

About 20% IMO....but who knows how he performs in preseason. It's possible he could jump Jones, but Jones has a lot of time in that system and has actually thrown a completed pass at the NFL level.

About 20% IMO....but who knows how he performs in preseason. It's possible he could jump Jones, but Jones has a lot of time in that system and has actually thrown a completed pass at the NFL level.

I was thinking about the same.

The only reason it being that high is if Ben goes down. Which is a better chance as of late.

It's his job unless that happens, right now.

VN Store

Back