GT 8pm ESPN

I just hope our D comes out of this game injury free. I don't like this matchup one bit. GT cut blocking with our injury history is a really bad combination. Bad bad juju written all over this game

Reactions: 5 people
Not trying to be all doom and gloom but I absolutely hate this matchup to open a season. We got everything to lose and nothing to gain imo. I hate playing these types of offenses.

Reactions: 2 people
Hate it being a freaking Monday night game also -- less than 4 days til the next game -- what was that idiot AD thinking ?

Reactions: 3 people
Not trying to be all doom and gloom but I absolutely hate this matchup to open a season. We got everything to lose and nothing to gain imo. I hate playing these types of offenses.

We do have something to gain. Confidence heading into the season. Ill feel better playing UF knowing weve already been tested. I hate it when UF is our first real test, never know what to expect.

Reactions: 6 people
The exposure from being the premier prime time game on Labor Day night is great. The hangover Tuesday morning at work won't be. Go Vols!

I'm hoping he meant 4 days of rest (Tue - Fri) until next game. At least it is Indiana State and not a team from a P-5 conference.

Yeah - Not expecting a full practice on Tuesday, so less than 4 days to prep and recover -- then likely get stuck with a noon game vs ISU which, will really suck

Reactions: 1 person

Make sure you have a box of tampons with you....just in case.

Reactions: 5 people
Bad karma for a game I'm looking forward to attending. I think it's a pretty good season-starter and it should, indeed, provide confidence for our guys...particularly all that young new talent. As for the knee worries: All our linemen, both O and D, will undoubtedly be wearing knee hardware. I agree with DD that that aspect will be scary, but I didn't hear of any unusual number of knee problems of teams that played GT last year. Heck. They couldn't be worse than UGA.

Reactions: 2 people
Tuesday - 1, Wednesday - 2, Thursday - 3, Friday - 4, Saturday afternoon - 4.5.

4.5 > less than 4.

I am doing this right?

Sunday- meet with trainer, film study, position meetings

Monday- position meetings, practice

Tuesday- position meetings, practice

Wednesday- position meetings, practice

Thursday- position meetings, practice

Friday- walk through, leave for team hotel

Saturday- game

Now, playing on Monday they lose 3 days granted its only Indiana State

Sunday- meet with trainer, film study, position meetings

Monday- position meetings, practice

Tuesday- position meetings, practice

Wednesday- position meetings, practice

Thursday- position meetings, practice

Friday- walk through, leave for team hotel

Saturday- game

Now, playing on Monday they lose 3 days granted its only Indiana State

plane trip back to Knoxville after midnight - classes - sleep - food - practice - film - recover for bruises and whatever else from the GT game --- not an easy thing for a college athlete -- then theres the worry of coming out flat vs ISU - much like with Ohio last season

VN Store

Back