do we need a new line backer coach

forgiven

i am happy with the coaching staff,all but the line backer coach. he can not seem to recruit top talent. does any one have any ideas.

Reactions: 2 people
how come we do not have grate linebackers

First of all, grate? Secondly, Thig, like all assistant coaches, doesn't just recruit the position that he coaches. Thirdly, since 2013, Thig has coached JRM, Kirkland, AJ Johnson, and Curt Maggitt.

Reactions: 18 people
LBs did not play well last year IMO. DKJR needs to take that next step and we need more guys to emerge ( Bituli, Sapp etc) as playmakers & develop. Jumper improved somewhat last year but it will be troubling if he is still getting significant playing time.

LBs did not play well last year IMO. DKJR needs to take that next step and we need more guys to emerge ( Bituli, Sapp etc) as playmakers & develop. Jumper improved somewhat last year but it will be troubling if he is still getting significant playing time.

I don't know man. I was very impressed with Jumper. I would personally love to see Kirkland and Jumper be on the field at the same time.

Reactions: 6 people
First of all, grate? Secondly, Thig, like all assistant coaches, doesn't just recruit the position that he coaches. Thirdly, since 2013, Thig has coached JRM, Kirkland, AJ Johnson, and Curt Maggitt.

There. You have done it again. The negus are not going to like you very much when you post facts.

There are things you can rightfully criticize the staff for, but Thig's recruiting is not one of them.

I agree with you, we need some shredders at linebacker.

Speaking of shredders, y'all think OJ is going to get parole today?

I know way off topic but it makes as much sense as this thread. I was worried that my two threads about Megatron's Butthole would be the 2 worst of the offseason. I don't think either would make a list of the 10 worst threads now.

Reactions: 1 person
I don't know man. I was very impressed with Jumper. I would personally love to see Kirkland and Jumper be on the field at the same time.

Yeah he plays hard but CJ is not an elite LB and we need future NFL players at that position to win/compete for the SEC. Look back at guys like Al Wilson, Raynoch , Jerod Mayo, JRM, Kevin Burnett, Omar Gaither, Eric Westmoreland etc. Those are the types of guys we need to win big. Hopefully Jumper proves me wrong.

Reactions: 3 people
There are things you can rightfully criticize the staff for, but Thig's recruiting is not one of them.
our LB are like high school players compared to Bama. yes i no we have one good one ever year but they all have to be good even the back ups.

VN Store

Back