Cole Cubelic picks Vols 4th in East behind UK

Vfl2407

SEC Network analyst and former Auburn All American Cole Cubelic was on Swain's show this morning.
He said even if Vols beat U.K., they will finish behind the Cats because of western schedule.
Vols play Bama and LSU.
Cats play Ole Miss and MSU.

Reactions: 2 people
Cole shared this same take on a podcast the other day (Solid Verbal or SEC: Smothered and Covered, I forget which) and both he and one of the hosts agreed that the Vols might even find themselves fifth behind South Carolina as well.

They're wrong; Tennessee is finishing no worse than third and, once we see just how gloriously Eason fails to live up to the hype, third would be a huge disappointment/cause for concern in its own right.

Reactions: 2 people
Love it being under the radar. Coaching is easier. I hope we are 14-0 going into the natty, ranked 23rd in the nation.

Reactions: 4 people
Love it being under the radar. Coaching is easier. I hope we are 14-0 going into the natty, ranked 23rd in the nation.

How do you define "Vols 4th in East behind UK" as being "under the radar?"

Rather, this is a spotlite-of-the-unwanted-kind, on the Vols, created because of taking for granted both Vand and South Car in 2016.

If you love being under the radar, then what emotion will you show the next season, after we get to ATL?

I really don't get the love for KY. They have not had a winning SEC record in something like 30 years. We absolutely thrashed their defense last year. Yes they're returning a lot of players but so what? They're the same terrible players we beat to sleep last year. KY will not finish ahead of us. They will finish 6th, just ahead of Mizzou.

I really don't get the love for KY. They have not had a winning SEC record in something like 30 years. We absolutely thrashed their defense last year. Yes they're returning a lot of players but so what? They're the same terrible players we beat to sleep last year. KY will not finish ahead of us. They will finish 6th, just ahead of Mizzou.

Don't look in a mirror... The same can be said about our returning team.
As to what Cole who ever said, it's not impossible. It just points out what I have said over and over "why count games that are not in the east, to determine an east winner"??? This is more like not having divisions at all. Just have the 1-2 teams play for SEC championship. That's probably what would be best anyway. As has been seen in the last few years, the best two have most likely been for the west. Now, that will change at some point back to the eastern side.

Reactions: 1 person
Butch wouldn't let that happen.

I know from things in the past you are a good person. But your obsession of being negative about everything with our coach makes you petty and boarders on ridiculous. It gives little credibility to anything else you contribute. Basically makes you come across as a miserable fan. How can you even enjoy watching a Butch led team? Because of your past very good deeds with RR, I have not written anything or ignored you but is time to do so until Jones is gone one way or another.

Reactions: 8 people
SEC Network analyst and former Auburn All American Cole Cubelic was on Swain's show this morning.
He said even if Vols beat U.K., they will finish behind the Cats because of western schedule.
Vols play Bama and LSU.
Cats play Ole Miss and MSU.

mj-laughing.gif

a lot of these predictions have to do with schedule. KY gets us at home, and they're west slate is, um, a lot easier than ours.

if you pick TN 3rd, you're at least thinking they lose to Bama, FL and GA....win the rest possibly.

if you look at KY...they get us at home, have the GA / FL game, likely losses, and the only thing that would require them finishing ahead of us is really to win 1 of those three, and beat the rest of their SEC schedule, which is doable....5-3 for KY w/losses to TN, FL and GA could still beat us out with a 4-4 record, even beating KY....(Bama, GA, FL, LSU all being losses).

if KY wins 1 of those three, they could be staring 6-2 in the face, and be a solid 3rd, tie for 2nd.

so, they're schedule for all intents and purposes is really about 1 of 3 games, if you think KY is better than USCe, Vandy, MO, MSU and Ole Miss.

to me...more about the math and schedule than anything.

Defense will decide our season. I think we can score so putting up 30 and losing is the question mark for this team.

I know from things in the past you are a good person. But your obsession of being negative about everything with our coach makes you petty and boarders on ridiculous. It gives little credibility to anything else you contribute. Basically makes you come across as a miserable fan. How can you even enjoy watching a Butch led team? Because of your past very good deeds with RR, I have not written anything or ignored you but is time to do so until Jones is gone one way or another.

Thanks for your kind words....and OK.

a lot of these predictions have to do with schedule. KY gets us at home, and they're west slate is, um, a lot easier than ours.

if you pick TN 3rd, you're at least thinking they lose to Bama, FL and GA....win the rest possibly.

if you look at KY...they get us at home, have the GA / FL game, likely losses, and the only thing that would require them finishing ahead of us is really to win 1 of those three, and beat the rest of their SEC schedule, which is doable....5-3 for KY w/losses to TN, FL and GA could still beat us out with a 4-4 record, even beating KY....(Bama, GA, FL, LSU all being losses).

if KY wins 1 of those three, they could be staring 6-2 in the face, and be a solid 3rd, tie for 2nd.

so, they're schedule for all intents and purposes is really about 1 of 3 games, if you think KY is better than USCe, Vandy, MO, MSU and Ole Miss.

to me...more about the math and schedule than anything.

This is really my thoughts as well. Not so much a matter of who is a better team, but who we draw vs. the west and home/away match ups.

VN Store

Back